Anyone else think Williams >>>>>>>>>>>> Martell?

Advertisement
Why would you doubt it is an open competition. It would definitely benefit the entire Diaz cartel to have the best QB playing. That said, from a non-football coach based on very limited highlights I think Martel is the guy.
It would be foolish to count anyone out including Perey and Weldon. All the QBs are young. There's a lot of growth from one year to the next. It's going to be about grinds to develop there craft and get to the next level. Who can master the offense. Hopefully someone emerges where it's not even close. The last thing I want is our QBs all bunched together coming out of Fall camp.
I want the fanbase to be United. At this point it's all speculation based on our preferences and biases.

Hopefully we'll get an idea of where the QB's stand after the Spring game(s).

I don't think martell will be handed job. I think Williams is his biggest competition if granted waiver. That said I think he was brought in to start and will be given first shot at starting if granted a waiver. Williams though has a lot of talent, frankly I think Williams/martell is the best qb duo Miami has had on roster in a long time
You don't think he will be handed the job, but you think he was brought in to start...

Andrew Luck couldn't beat out Tavita Pritchard as a true frosh how'd that work out?

It's OK if you don't start as a true frosh, stop letting anomalies like Tua & Lawrence gas you up.

Valid point. Williams was a true FR last year. For some kids, it doesn't happen right away.

I do think it's between Williams and Martell. Nkosi looked really bad last year.

I think what will set Martell a head of the pack is his knowledge of the game, his football IQ. Williams May have more arm talent but that doesn’t win u football games

Advertisement
Diaz has gotten an up close view of Williams, Perry, and Weldon. The fact that he focused on bringing in both a transfer and a high school recruit should tell you pretty clearly what he thinks of our qb room. Barring Martell’s waiver being denied or an injury, none of the three returning knuckleheads will see meaningful game snaps this season, if ever while Manny is the HC.

Even if Martell is given a waiver to play, I think Williams beats him out (if it's truly an open competition, which I highly doubt).
Based on what? I think there is going to be competition and the best performer will win. But I'm curious how you came to your conclusion since Williams has not shown us anything in live action yet.

Advertisement
Diaz has gotten an up close view of Williams, Perry, and Weldon. The fact that he focused on bringing in both a transfer and a high school recruit should tell you pretty clearly what he thinks of our qb room. Barring Martell’s waiver being denied or an injury, none of the three returning knuckleheads will see meaningful game snaps this season, if ever while Manny is the HC.
How does anyone judge the qbs under the richt & richt project...it's sad when your fanbase has those with minimum football intel but have the audacity to qualify the qb room from the outside. O state brought in a transfer and frosh qb, so what did that say about what they had in there qb room (ala Tate).

The knucklehead is the one who thought he should post words of ignorance in light of his/her lack of um or football knowledge

Advertisement
Andrew Luck couldn't beat out Tavita Pritchard as a true frosh how'd that work out?

It's OK if you don't start as a true frosh, stop letting anomalies like Tua & Lawrence gas you up.
LOL man, I'm not gassed. It's not about Williams not starting or dominating as a true freshman. Not at all. But for him not to show enough to earn ANY reps, with that ****show we saw down the stretch? Even once he could play out and keep his redshirt safe?? That doesn't mean he can't develop into a great QB, but it certainly doesn't give you anything to feel positive about coming into this season.

And it's not just about him. Martell showed more good things in his limited highlights than I saw from any of our qb's in many more reps. Touch, accuracy, making good reads, throwing on the run, and explosive running ability. Mop up duty or not (and still power 5 opponents), at least we've seen Martell show these traits/abilities.

LOL man, I'm not gassed. It's not about Williams not starting or dominating as a true freshman. Not at all. But for him not to show enough to earn ANY reps, with that ****show we saw down the stretch? Even once he could play out and keep his redshirt safe?? That doesn't mean he can't develop into a great QB, but it certainly doesn't give you anything to feel positive about coming into this season.

And it's not just about him. Martell showed more good things in his limited highlights than I saw from any of our qb's in many more reps. Touch, accuracy, making good reads, throwing on the run, and explosive running ability. Mop up duty or not (and still power 5 opponents), at least we've seen Martell show these traits/abilities.
You saw all these traits in meaningless moments against rutgers, lol. You guys will say anything to validate your stance one way or the other. All these traits and O state said, "see ya."

Tate might be all that and some, but don't act like he's in the running for a Maxwell award. Tate spent 2 yrs at O state and all he managed was a sample size against rutgers. But you're concerned with JW doing enuf to get reps as a true frosh under the richts.

Before Tate rumors to Miami, it was JW will be this and do that; now he can't play bc the richts didn't let us see more from him last year. The richts, who thought #12 gave us the best chance to win, who said we don't need explosive plays to win, the ones who were responsible for a qb room that saw 3 of 4 suspended at some point during the season. You judging the qbs based off what happen under the richts, wow.

Advertisement
You don't think he will be handed the job, but you think he was brought in to start...

they are gonna make him earn it. is what I mean. He is gonna have to be best qb to win job. he was brought in to be starter, they think he can give them what rozier and perry couldn't but if jarren Williams proves is better he will be starter that's all I meant by that. martell will be given first shot at job I think but jarren and others will have every shot to prove in spring/fall are better deserve to start and in end whoever is best will start.

You saw all these traits in meaningless moments against rutgers, lol. You guys will say anything to validate your stance one way or the other. All these traits and O state said, "see ya."

Tate might be all that and some, but don't act like he's in the running for a Maxwell award. Tate spent 2 yrs at O state and all he managed was a sample size against rutgers. But you're concerned with JW doing enuf to get reps as a true frosh under the richts.

Before Tate rumors to Miami, it was JW will be this and do that; now he can't play bc the richts didn't let us see more from him last year. The richts, who thought #12 gave us the best chance to win, who said we don't need explosive plays to win, the ones who were responsible for a qb room that saw 3 of 4 suspended at some point during the season. You judging the qbs based off what happen under the richts, wow.
And you should learn to read a little better. I don't have a "stance", and I don't care who wins the job. This is an offseason discussion where people are sharing opinions. And yes, I would lean towards Martell winning the job based on the small sample size. He didn't get a lot of reps, so the number of positive plays and skills he demonstrated occurred at a pretty high percentage of his total snaps. As many or more than Kosi showed in probably 5-10 times the snaps. And yes, Williams couldn't get on the field despite the other QB's almost not being able to complete a forward pass down the stretch of our season. That doesn't have any impact on your analysis or opinion?

So if Williams comes out and runs away with this job, great. I hope he kills it. I hope he's the man and these guys push each other all year long. But...based on what little we've seen, it's my opinion that Martell likely wins the job if he's eligible to play. I've at least seen some good things from him, where we've seen nothing from Williams yet, and what we have seen from Kosi wasn't very good.

Advertisement
Back