Anyone else think Williams >>>>>>>>>>>> Martell?

We don't have any way to know. I saw Williams in HS and i felt he wasn't near the level of the other top QBs I saw in GA in his class (7v7s & real football games). My curiosity about him is wondering if he grew as a player under Rickets Inc. If not, he's most likely way behind Tate, who I believe has been coached up at Ohio State. Also, from multiple live views of Jarren in 11th and 12th grade compared with what I believe I saw in QB1 (TV show not the same as live obviously) Tate was better at the same level. No offense intended toward Jarren. I feel Enos will get the most out of all of them, and they'll all improve leaps and bounds. Perhaps Jarren has lots of upside. May the best man (or men) win!

Advertisement
Yeah, Manny is going to play the QB that gives him the least shot at winning... Sounds brilliant.. I thought the posters sucked at Gru Sport

Why would you doubt it is an open competition. It would definitely benefit the entire Diaz cartel to have the best QB playing. That said, from a non-football coach based on very limited highlights I think Martel is the guy.
Actually if were gonna keep up with this transfer portal than it benefits Diaz to roll with Martell. Shows kids they'll get a legit shot. I agree jarren is our best qb overall. Tate I'd give packages to for spots.

Advertisement
LOL...Tony Sanchez, BG's former coach, & UNLV's current coach, was 85-5 before Martell got there...Martell didn't transform anything.
Sure they were great before he got there but he WAS the difference maker in some very big wins against some of the best high school teams in America. No high school in America played a more impressive national schedule than Bishop Gorman did. Any notion that Williams is better than Martell is baseless and pure conjecture. That said, if he beats him out he will have earned it which would be a huge reason for optimism.

It depends entirely on how well they pick up the new offense. William's couldn't beat out Perry or Rosier last year, that doesnt speak well about his chances. But maybe with a new coach he'll blossom.
Last staff would have run off Dan Marino. I put absolutely zero stock in their stupid decisions.

Richt wouldn’t let Williams compete for the job.
Idk that as fact. Suspected something was ***ked about. Info was at a minimum with Richts regime. Especially about QBs. But if a kid stands out/up gotta get noticed. Williams is a mystery to me. His tangibles are great, it’s the intangibles that’s to be determined. Let the games begin.

Advertisement
The one thing I do know is that whoever it is at QB this upcoming season, we will see improved QB play over last year. This year we have a real ******* QB coach and real ******* play caller!!!

Advertisement
What an odd post.

Why wouldn’t it be an open competition? You think Manny would rather go with the worse guy?

And why would you think Williams > Martell? What have we heard about either that would cause you to say that?

Just my opinion based on measurements and limited film on each. I’m not completely sold on Martell running the style of Offense Enos runs.

I also believe Enos favors the guy he helped recruit. I may be way off base, we’ll see.

They have different skill-sets. Tate is more athletic and seems tougher to game-plan for, but both should play next season.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Money Martell gonna start and ball out. If them ******* don’t give him an immediate eligibility waiver then Williams will start. Tathan is the real deal and I hope he is eligible right away

Just my opinion based on measurements and limited film on each. I’m not completely sold on Martell running the style of Offense Enos runs.

I also believe Enos favors the guy he helped recruit. I may be way off base, we’ll see.
Sounds like limited information for those opinions. IMo it’s unfair to Enos to think he’ll play favorites. I have no reason to believe that. And what separates QBs isn’t measurablesfor the most part. It’s decisionmaking.

Fella, who to says they both won't have some reps? I don't want to see flipping QB's every series, but a change up, if capable, would be nice to see. I say look at giving them both reps, if it makes us better. Peace out!

Advertisement
Back