Anyone else think Williams >>>>>>>>>>>> Martell?

I don’t know who’ll win, neither does anyone else.....you know why??

Because neither of them has taken an important snap in college.

Martell looked amazing against STA when I watched their matchup, and Williams had great hs film.

Both are good prospects but that’s all we know.

Advertisement
Richt has shown repeatedly he will play a less talented player over the more talented one in 2018 in multiple instances. Was any of the 2018 offensive recruits used right? Even Brevin, outside of the fsu rec td was he thrown a pass over 15 yards all year? Why didn’t Lorenzo and cam play earlier in the season when they were the most talented backs? How about the young receivers? Jarren couldn’t even play in a game when they had the new redshirt rule?

Sorry, NOBODY is stupid enough to leave a hugely talented QB on the bench when you have absolute trash on the field. Nobody.

Remember when we all thought N’Kosi Perry was the answer....until he wasn’t?

Everyone was mad at Richt for playing Rosier, saying Perry should get a shot....then Perry plays and he’s easily as bad as Rosier.

People always think the backup QB is the answer.

I don’t know if Williams is any good, but I do know richt would not allow him to compete for the job last season.

When there was talk of Williams transferring after the bowl game, a number of articles discussed it.

I don’t doubt there were articles, but I’m not buying it. No coach can possibly be that stupid.

Seems more likely to me that Williams wasn’t as good as Perry or Rosier, and that’s why he didn’t play.

We all were told the exact same thing about Nkosi Perry. He was supposed to be this world beater in practice. Then when he does get his chance, he plays like pure trash.

Not buying the backup QB hype.

Advertisement
Whoever Coach Enos feels is best equipped to run the O will start. Why would it not be an open competition?

Personally, I think if Tathan's waiver is approved that he'd be the odds on favorite. He's a big time player and dynamic. But I wouldn't be shocked if Jarren or even Kosi(if he can get his **** together) won the starting job.

They were all 4 star recruits and have tons of potential. It's likely to come down to who's been putting in the extra work, studying the playbook, linking up with receivers in free time etc.

May the best man win and then lead us to wins, lots of em.

I doubt it. If Williams were any good he would have played last year.

Dude couldn’t beat out Malik Rosier or N’Kosi Perry, so I don’t expect much from him

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who knows that players can't get any better. If I had a nickel for every time some moron said he thought a player was going to "develop" and somehow magically be better than he was last year, I'd be too rich to hang out in this dump.

I don't care which of the 4 it is, I want the son of a gun that plays closest to the level of Kenny Dorsey.

I don’t doubt there were articles, but I’m not buying it. No coach can possibly be that stupid.

Seems more likely to me that Williams wasn’t as good as Perry or Rosier, and that’s why he didn’t play.

We all were told the exact same thing about Nkosi Perry. He was supposed to be this world beater in practice. Then when he does get his chance, he plays like pure trash.

I think we saw enough nonsensical play from Perry to get an idea of why he wasn't playing most of the season. Even taking out all the drops, he would have thrown like 50% against Pitt. Seems to me he and Rosier were a toss up and Richt went with the guy who'd won more games. No reason to think Williams wasn't given a shot, makes more sense that he just didn't look better. Or looked better but not often enough.

In the end, people just can't believe that we didn't have anyone better than Rosier.

Advertisement
Could be possible, but all I know is both will leave I’m the captain in the dust..I think dude saw his last snaps as starting QB at U, thank god..

All we have in the QB department is lots of potential and the hope that either one steps up.
This is where we are today,due to Richt's stubbornness and lil Richt's lack of developement. May the competition begin and the better QB take us to the promise land.

Did you watch his offense? Richt was not a good coach here, and stubbornly refusing to allow a freshman to play QB fits his MO.

There was actually an interview with richt where he alluded to allowing Williams to compete next season, implying that he wasn’t allowed last season.

I know it doesn’t make sense in 2019 to not allow a frosh to compete. A lot of stuff richt did here didn’t make sense. And that’s why he’s gone.

I think we saw enough nonsensical play from Perry to get an idea of why he wasn't playing most of the season. Even taking out all the drops, he would have thrown like 50% against Pitt. Seems to me he and Rosier were a toss up and Richt went with the guy who'd won more games. No reason to think Williams wasn't given a shot, makes more sense that he just didn't look better. Or looked better but not often enough.

In the end, people just can't believe that we didn't have anyone better than Rosier.

And it’s too bad, because Perry has all the physical tools. But the kid just doesn’t want to work for it. I hate to talk bad about our own players, but NKosi Perry doesn’t have what it takes between the ears or inside his chest.

We’ll see what happens with Williams. But if he couldn’t beat out Malik and N’Kosi, I don’t think he’s beating out Tate Martell.

Advertisement
Agree with this.

The only QB I believe has no shot is Weldon, because he just doesn't have the arm talent imo.

But if Tate gets his waiver approved the competition between him Jarren & Kosi in Spring camp will be real fun to watch. I wouldn't even count out Matocha if he was an EE, unfortunately for him he's not.

Spring & Fall camp should be all about competition, Idgaf about Seniority or experience, put the best QB on the field & let's roll UF the fck up on 8/31!

Absolutely. Throw the scorpions in a jar and see who comes out alive.

I’m not buying the story that Williams is this amazing QB who Richt just never let compete.

Bull****.

If Richt had a great QB on the roster last year, he would have played him. Fact is, we had garbage at QB last year, and Williams wasn’t impressing anyone enough to rise above the garbage.

We’ll see how it turns out but my money is on Miami Martell
I can't believe there are fans that are this naive. You couldn't see that Richt was playing favorites??? I mean from Rosier to Mahoney to Cager, he clearly wasn't letting the underclassmen compete. Dude, Choc Gray was getting carries before Lingard early in the season and had Michael Irvin not gotten injured we probably wouldn't have seen much of Brevin Jordan.

Advertisement
After having watched QB1, i'd be very surprised if Tate doesnt win the job. That guy just find a way to make plays. Not saying he's going to have the college careers of Manziel and Mayfield, but he has very similar characteristics.

If Martell is granted a waiver he’s most certainly going to be the pick. Use some common sense, he’s basically the handpicked QB by the new staff.

I’m dying at @RightSaidFred thinking Williams was given a fair shot last year.

Advertisement
Back