Anyone else think Williams >>>>>>>>>>>> Martell?

LOL man, I'm not gassed. It's not about Williams not starting or dominating as a true freshman. Not at all. But for him not to show enough to earn ANY reps, with that ****show we saw down the stretch? Even once he could play out and keep his redshirt safe?? That doesn't mean he can't develop into a great QB, but it certainly doesn't give you anything to feel positive about coming into this season.

And it's not just about him. Martell showed more good things in his limited highlights than I saw from any of our qb's in many more reps. Touch, accuracy, making good reads, throwing on the run, and explosive running ability. Mop up duty or not (and still power 5 opponents), at least we've seen Martell show these traits/abilities.
The “he couldn’t get any reps on this horrible offense” argument is logically as weak as it gets. You have no idea why he didn’t get reps last year.

And you’re assuming that our QB Coach and OC were both at the top of their games when you give them the benefit of the doubt like this. There are countless examples of better players who didn’t get reps being stuck behind inferior players.

Only time will tell if Williams is a good QB.

Advertisement
The “he couldn’t get any reps on this horrible offense” argument is logically as weak as it gets. You have no idea why he didn’t get reps last year.

And you’re assuming that our QB Coach and OC were both at the top of their games when you give them the benefit of the doubt like this. There are countless examples of better players who didn’t get reps being stuck behind inferior players.

Only time will tell if Williams is a good QB.
I agree with your last sentence, but not your first. It's certainly not as "weak as it gets" b/c it's one of a very few things we have to look at. We're all grasping at straws here...there's very little to go on.

And it doesn't "require an OC and QB Coach at the top of their games." Those 2 could suck (and they did), but as horrific as Rosier and Kosi were down the stretch, those coaches were still likely to give someone else a chance if they were showing in practice that they had a chance to be better. So whether Williams didn't get in b/c he didn't impress the coaches, couldn't pick up the offense, or was just such a fck-up that he kept getting suspended and ****ing richt off, NONE of those things are reason for optimism.

Again, I don't know how to be more any more clear on this, but I don't know how good Martell or Williams will end up being. I don't care who ends up winning the job. But the op's question was who thinks Williams is better than Martell, and my point is that he's shown us nothing yet for me to think that. If anyone else thinks he is, no problem.

Advertisement
I agree with your last sentence, but not your first. It's certainly not as "weak as it gets" b/c it's one of a very few things we have to look at. We're all grasping at straws here...there's very little to go on.

And it doesn't "require an OC and QB Coach at the top of their games." Those 2 could suck (and they did), but as horrific as Rosier and Kosi were down the stretch, those coaches were still likely to give someone else a chance if they were showing in practice that they had a chance to be better. So whether Williams didn't get in b/c he didn't impress the coaches, couldn't pick up the offense, or was just such a fck-up that he kept getting suspended and ****ing richt off, NONE of those things are reason for optimism.

Again, I don't know how to be more any more clear on this, but I don't know how good Martell or Williams will end up being. I don't care who ends up winning the job. But the op's question was who thinks Williams is better than Martell, and my point is that he's shown us nothing yet for me to think that. If anyone else thinks he is, no problem.
What people need to realize is that it’s ok to NOT have an opinion. When you express an opinion based upon flimsy evidence (or in this case nonexistent evidence) you look like a dope. It’s ok to just say, “I really have no idea how good Williams is because we don’t have any data.”

An otherwise bright person, who says, “Williams must not be very good because he couldn’t get any reps” looks like a buffoon because it’s a buffoonish argument.

Martell is the guy imo. Williams will and should enter the portal if Martell wins the job.

He's talented enough to win the job outright here though. Just be glad we have both for the time being.

What people need to realize is that it’s ok to NOT have an opinion. When you express an opinion based upon flimsy evidence (or in this case nonexistent evidence) you look like a dope. It’s ok to just say, “I really have no idea how good Williams is because we don’t have any data.”

An otherwise bright person, who says, “Williams must not be very good because he couldn’t get any reps” looks like a buffoon because it’s a buffoonish argument.

Exactly.

If I’m honest all I’ve got to go with regarding Williams is a hunch, which is literally worth nothing, and on Martell, some film during mop up time.

I don’t have enough information to even offer an educated guess as to who would win the competition. At least now, I believe there will be an open competition between all the quarterbacks. The coaches and the fans I believe all want the same thing. Put the guy in there that gives us the best chance to win. I have no horse in the race. I want the best man in. End of story.

And if that guy shrinks, put in the next man up

It does seem like some people on here have an agenda one way or the other. I don’t get that. My only agenda is WIN.

Exactly.

If I’m honest all I’ve got to go with regarding Williams is a hunch, which is literally worth nothing, and on Martell, some film during mop up time.

I don’t have enough information to even offer an educated guess as to who would win the competition. At least now, I believe there will be an open competition between all the quarterbacks. The coaches and the fans I believe all want the same thing. Put the guy in there that gives us the best chance to win. I have no horse in the race. I want the best man in. End of story.

It does seem like some people on here have an agenda one way or the other. I don’t get that. My only agenda is WIN.

This

Advertisement
Money’s on Tate, Williams would have at the very least got snaps over N’kosi after the **** scandal...

Kosi sucks
Rosier sucks
If Williams couldn’t crack the lineup either Richt has a brain tumor or he sucks as well.

Gimme Miami Martell the next 2 yrs + and a dub over the Gaytors.

Why would you doubt it is an open competition. It would definitely benefit the entire Diaz cartel to have the best QB playing. That said, from a non-football coach based on very limited highlights I think Martel is the guy.

Agreed. I don't see Enos as that guy. Now...he might have a favorite as to his "style" of QB, but he goes with who picks up and executes his offense the best.

Advertisement
It’s anybody’s job that wants to work for it. That’s the kind of coach I hope Manny is, and the type of QB competition I am looking forward to.

So it should be anybody’s job at this point. Compete away.

Thank you...dudes trying to play favorites...may the best man win.

I've seen nothing from Williams or Tate to warrant anyone pegging them as the starter or the best QB on the team

I've not seen Martell play, and obviously I have not seen much of Williams......but if everything else is equal I want the 6'2" QB over the 5'11" QB. Really tired of seeing the DL bat the football away, and I'm wary of having to constantly roll a guy out just to get him a decent throwing lane.
****... Kaaya's 6'4 and stayed getting his **** batted down. Give me the best player

Advertisement
Thank you...dudes trying to play favorites...may the best man win.

I've seen nothing from Williams or Tate to warrant anyone pegging them as the starter or the best QB on the team
We got one dude whose highlights are against Rutgers and from spring ball, and another guy who hasn't played at all. Blank slate, let the best man win.

Exactly.

There’s always gonna be agendas on CIS because many of the mongrels in here are more concerned with getting attention and **** stirring than they are UM.

One thing I’m finally confident in is that we have a legitimate QB coach/OC. I’m confident he will put a good offense on the field no matter which QB he chooses.

Advertisement
Back