About to lose Wilder to Oregon too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'd be smart to realize the trajectory of all our current starting LBs opens the door for him in a proven upfield scheme very early in his career. Our DC is one of the better LB coaches around. He may or may not take a redshirt his first year, but he'd then be right in the mix when Bermuda 2.0 members are juniors.

That means he'd be experienced, ready and potentially a start in perfect scheme for his abilities by his RS Soph year. He and Steed (who I really, really like) fit right into that equation.

Do you feel as though Wilder fits our scheme better than a 3-4?

He fits into the SAM pass rushing role, but I'm not sure he's actually a better pass rusher than some players who will be a similar class.

If the kid is wanting early playing time, Oregon is an excellent option that will use him the best (only?) way he can be truly successful in my view.

Keep in mind I'm admittedly not extremely high on Wilder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Darrian felix just commited to oregon too.
I actually wondered if someone would turn that guy into a Corner.

You're always trying to turn athletes into DBs, lol
Ha. Like I said above, if I see a guy who'd be an average to slightly above average RB, WR or an ok college read-option QB, I think a good DB coach can turn a lot of those guys into potential stars at Corner and S. You need a technical guy on defense, but all of the attributes needed are innate in those positions. Take a guy like Deejay Dallas. Could he make a good WR? Probably. What's his upside there? Sterling Shepard? Maybe? On the other hand, he can flip those attributes to defense, refine them with a good coach in a good system, and his floor is a potential NFL DB.

I wasn't big on his videos but I think he was an ok pickup. Not really worried about it, if he goes he goes, Diaz had Smith and others playing well so I know whoever we end up with will be solid for us.

But it is funny though, UM commit visits another school he gone, another school's commit visits us it's a free vacation. Can't wait until the dead period is over and the chips start to fall in place.

Advertisement
He'd be smart to realize the trajectory of all our current starting LBs opens the door for him in a proven upfield scheme very early in his career. Our DC is one of the better LB coaches around. He may or may not take a redshirt his first year, but he'd then be right in the mix when Bermuda 2.0 members are juniors.

That means he'd be experienced, ready and potentially a start in perfect scheme for his abilities by his RS Soph year. He and Steed (who I really, really like) fit right into that equation.

Do you feel as though Wilder fits our scheme better than a 3-4?

He fits into the SAM pass rushing role, but I'm not sure he's actually a better pass rusher than some players who will be a similar class.

If the kid is wanting early playing time, Oregon is an excellent option that will use him the best (only?) way he can be truly successful in my view.

Keep in mind I'm admittedly not extremely high on Wilder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To answer your question directly, I have no idea because his film is pretty narrow in what it shows. He needs some work, because his film is basically Tavares Gooden's without the change of direction, but he fits well with what Manny often does with his LBs. They're really singular in their attack. See gap. Explode gap. The very best of them do a little more, like Mike Pinkney. A dude like him covers an extra gap just by natural instinct and timing. I have no idea if Wilder has that after some work, but I haven't seen it yet. And, if I were advising him, I'd be concerned he won't be challenged to work on changing his trajectory.

I understand the view he may fit with what Oregon is going to do over there now. I also take into account his age. Then I weigh that against what I would recommend for him if I were his advisor: go to Oregon and benefit in the short term, but you'll unlikely be an OLB pass rusher in the pros. Or, go to Miami, work on your craft, and potentially show skills of a 4-3 OLB or 3-4 ILB.

we have 3 starting LB's coming back. Plus, owens, gordiner, perry, smith and steed and jennings jr in this class. this kid is a project so chances are are selling him on playing time.

He is gonna go there for several free pairs of Nike sneakers and clothing.

Advertisement
From a strategic standpoint, I really believe in the motto that if you're looking, then we're looking. It's fair and straightforward.

Whether he's going to just visit another part of the country or whether he's seriously visiting is speculative. So you just simplify it and go with what you have and always assume worst case scenario in recruiting. Always be looking, recruiting, networking. Always.

Saban is threatening to pull this kid's Miami offer for even considering a visit.

Free trip to the great state of Oregon....in January. Sounds like paradise. If his pops really is on this board then he needs to address why his son *might be interested in women that have more body hair than Vlade Divac.

Any Defensive player that wants to play for Oregon and/or that Head Coach is a moron and I don't want them on this team.

Advertisement
Visiting next weekend

chances we lose him too? I sure hope not, kid looks to be a perfect fast, violent LB

I mentioned this in another thread.
Leavitt will probably sell him on the fact that he will not only be the DC, but his LB coach as well and
that he will have an easier shot at starting at Oregon than at UM because of the rising stud sophomore LBs
we have on team.
Also will sell him on the 3-4 (4 lbs vs 3) and that he coached a bunch of studs in the NFL.
You know, all the BS that one would expect from a coach trying to pry one of our commits.

Why is this rat ******* allowed to still post here?

I thought he was perma banned

Visiting next weekend

chances we lose him too? I sure hope not, kid looks to be a perfect fast, violent LB

I mentioned this in another thread.
Leavitt will probably sell him on the fact that he will not only be the DC, but his LB coach as well and
that he will have an easier shot at starting at Oregon than at UM because of the rising stud sophomore LBs
we have on team.
Also will sell him on the 3-4 (4 lbs vs 3) and that he coached a bunch of studs in the NFL.
You know, all the BS that one would expect from a coach trying to pry one of our commits.

Why is this rat ******* allowed to still post here?

I thought he was perma banned

Actually, no.
Quite the opposite.
I did the school you claim to be a fan of a potentially big favor.
If you disagree, ask Pete and DMoney and pay no attention to your WEZ butt bodies.

Advertisement
Saban is threatening to pull this kid's Miami offer for even considering a visit.

Free trip to the great state of Oregon....in January. Sounds like paradise. If his pops really is on this board then he needs to address why his son *might be interested in women that have more body hair than Vlade Divac.

Saban, Dabo, Urban and a few handful of coaches can afford to tell their commits to shut it down because they have a bunch of other 4 and 5 star types who would jump at an offer....we are not in that position, especially with these Florida kids.

I think Oregon is a fine school to attend
certainly better than just about every SEC school.

then again im from the west coast.

South Florida kids going out to Eugene to follow raggedy is like following strong to Texas. They must not care about their careers. Taggert will fail out there, he has not connections out there. SC, Stanford and Washington will be the programs out there.

he has connections out there....he was a recruiting guy for Stanford. Do your research

This is the kid who straight up said the reason he committed to us is because he never got an Auburn offer, can't be completely confident about him sticking. Would be a significant loss though. This kids a way better prospect than Gibson, and I liked Gibson. This kind of speed at LB is rare.

Ehhh I give the nod to Gibson...And if he they or him are dumb enough to believe he's playing early let him go. The kid is way too raw at the position to play early...Has some nice upside and welcome him in this class, but he's not close to ready to play early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back