About to lose Wilder to Oregon too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Agree with Lu. Wilder needs a year to learn the position anyway. Nearly all of his highlights are as a rush backer, which shows he's got work to do. But if he is good enough to battle for his way into the rotation and isn't willing to shirt, we could use need him next season given there isn't much talent at LB on roster after the Bermuda Triangle. And it's almost a certainly at least 1, possibly all 3 of those guys leave early, which means Wilder will ne starting by his 3rd year, either as a red shirt sophomore or a junior. Meanwhile, he's learning from 2 of the best minds in football under Diaz and Kool.

Darrian felix just commited to oregon too.
I actually wondered if someone would turn that guy into a Corner.

Lu, I love you, but I'd hate to be a HC with you on my staff come recruiting season.

"Yeah I know you guys want him as a RB, WR.... but I wonder what he'd look like as a DB"!!

I feel you, but there's a few elite kids this cycle -- Jeudy, Devonta Smith, Felix -- who are superior DB's than the position they are going tobe playing at the next level.

Its not the fact that he's replacable. Its the fact that a school like Oregon can come down here and pluck 2 kids from out class with ease. And the fact that once again these kids and there familys have zero pride for the hometown.

If we are having a hard time getting local 3 stars like Harley, Gibson, Wilder... There are bigger issues. You need quality depth

Agree with Lu. Wilder needs a year to learn the position anyway. Nearly all of his highlights are as a rush backer, which shows he's got work to do. But if he is good enough to battle for his way into the rotation and isn't willing to shirt, we could use need him next season given there isn't much talent at LB on roster after the Bermuda Triangle. And it's almost a certainly at least 1, possibly all 3 of those guys leave early, which means Wilder will ne starting by his 3rd year, either as a red shirt sophomore or a junior. Meanwhile, he's learning from 2 of the best minds in football under Diaz and Kool.

Leavitt runs the 3-4 and is probably selling him on playing right away as a rush olb.

Advertisement
I really like Wilder. We need to keep guys like him home.

I could see him flipping, he'd be an Auburn commit right now if they had room. He committed to us as a second choice, not because he loves us.

Hope
I'm wrong.

4 page thread and counting all because a poster titled a thread like he writes clickbait headlines for twitter and his blog.

Its not the fact that he's replacable. Its the fact that a school like Oregon can come down here and pluck 2 kids from out class with ease. And the fact that once again these kids and there familys have zero pride for the hometown.

If we are having a hard time getting local 3 stars like Harley, Gibson, Wilder... There are bigger issues. You need quality depth

This.. 100% agree

And so far with this staff, I am cautiously concerned about their SoFla recruiting ability

Advertisement

Leavitt runs the 3-4 and is probably selling him on playing right away as a rush olb.

That's what bad teams do. That's what we did for our last class, which helped pull in the talent we got. On the other hand, Oregon looked like hot garbage. It's in a complete rebuild mode with not even close to the same level of talent Richt walked into. It's a 6 hour flight away, which means no one Wilder knows and loves will ever see him play. And the city and culture are alien to anyone from Miami. He'll be miserable there.

Meanwhile, he can almost certainly play right away (though not start) right in his backyard with everything that means. And play for a Top 5 defense that will get national attention and pump out multiple day one and day two kids over the next 3 years..

Paris Ford will visit but he has no chance of coming here. Wilder visits Oregon but he's gone. Gotcha

This.. 100% agree

And so far with this staff, I am cautiously concerned about their SoFla recruiting ability

I think it tells you a lot about what a cesspit SoFLa recruiting has become that Mark Richt, a 15 year SEC HC, has looked outside Florida to finish off this class.

**** our two most vocal recruiters in this class are from Georgia and California!

Hometown pride is great. And we all want guys to have it so they stay down here. buts as soon as we recruit someone outside of Miami everyone acts like kids would be crazy to pick the hometown school (Thomas and Fords receuitment, etc).
Kids want to go to schools that were powerhouses 7th-12th grade. Unfortunately for us those years we have sucked. It'll take a yr or two of winning to get everybody we want.

However, all signs point to us not wanting Felix over mcfarland, and us dropping Gibson. wouldnt say Oregon beat us at all. If they somehow get Wilder, they beat us but as of now they havent

Advertisement
Y'all know Wilder's Dad is on this board right?

So. He should tell his son to quit messing around.

Perhaps his dad is telling him to go see another part of the country on their dime. You don't know what their thought process is so you should probably quit talking out both sides of your mouth as if you know something. The way you talk about everything related to this program when you aren't part of it is obscene. You're just a blowhard with nothing valuable to add besides your miserable outlook on what must be a pathetic life.

This.. 100% agree

Personally I am concerned. I think the evaluations have been poor (see Dingle, scott,). Late offers to Bandy, Harley are inexcusable. Dumping Gamble then reoffering was a joke. Missing out on almost every local baller (Juedy, Davis, AH Kids). Not being able to close out kids like Gibson. Rumors of Ford leaving for Kentucky.

This staff clearly has to change its recruiting efforts bc their system isn't working.

Richt really really really really misses John Lilly.

Lilly was his recruiting coordinator and closest advisor for 7 years at Georgia.

Advertisement
When you have an entirely new staff and alot of very green recruiters (Hartley, Rumph, Banda and Richt, Jr.) you will struggle.

Richt really really really really misses John Lilly.

Lilly was his recruiting coordinator and closest advisor for 7 years at Georgia.

He might be out a job soon. The rams are bringing in a new coach.

Darrian felix just commited to oregon too.
I actually wondered if someone would turn that guy into a Corner.

Lu, I love you, but I'd hate to be a HC with you on my staff come recruiting season.

"Yeah I know you guys want him as a RB, WR.... but I wonder what he'd look like as a DB"!!
Haha. You may just notice it more because I basically look around for DBs. So, while it seems like I'm trying to turn everyone into a DB, it's just that most of my comments are on that subject. Obviously, I love DBs - especially Safeties. This guy is a good example: he may be a nice RB, but I think he can star at Corner. Always trying to put players at the position they'll potentially make the most $. It's how they're optimally motivated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back