2023 Roster Discussion

Crowther - incoming freshman? I hope he's LH.
1655496986643.png

Advertisement
Rossow is in the portal. I’ve been looking for D1 to add his name since the school left him off the summer ball list they put out.

The final deadline to enter is Friday.

Did any confirm JD Jones was in the portal? That doesn’t make sense because he’d be the starter seeing how Perez can’t hit. I count 5 in the portal. That’s actually pretty low.

Did any confirm JD Jones was in the portal? That doesn’t make sense because he’d be the starter seeing how Perez can’t hit. I count 5 in the portal. That’s actually pretty low.
Not in the D1 transfer tracker and was included in the school’s summer ball posts unlike Rossow, Wallen, Mike Rosario, etc. I’m assuming he’s back at this point.

Advertisement
Early roster prediction based on whats happened so far:

C: Perez
1B: Kayfus
2B: Cyr/D Gonzalez
SS: Pitelli
3B: Yoyo
LF: Villegas
CF: Martin/R Gonzalez
RF: Carrier/Farrow
DH: Levenson/Garcia
Other: Jones, Gutierrez, Long, Torres, 2-3 other recruits/transfers, 3rd C

SP: Ligon
SP: Ziehl
SP: Rosario
Midweek: Garland or Crowther
Closer: Gallo
Bullpen: Rafe, Torres, Walters' bro, 5-7 other recruits/transfers

Jack Findlay from Notre Dame in the portal. LHP, Freshman All American. Go get him. Now. Probably end up at FSU. But take a shot. We were one of the few teams to hit him around. But huge upside and we need some LHP

Agree. Pitching, CF, C - those are the needs imo. I know there are 5-6 pitchers in the recruiting class, but we need some transfers who've shown they can pitch at this level.

Also, LSU's transfer class is just stupid good. They clearly are all in on NIL in baseball

Any reason why we're not particularly active in the portal right now? UF just snagged Waldrep, a stud from Southern Miss

We need pitching bad.

Advertisement
Some speculation that Green and Mule could both end up on campus.

Gino’s dad must be pulling out the stops to just load up on high level talent and see what happens.

Still doubt either of them happen but like u said Vandy and Lsu always seem to pull 1st round kids into staying.

Canes baseball posted a video on instagram of Burke with a song about staying home. Think that means anything?

Advertisement
Some speculation that Green and Mule could both end up on campus.

Gino’s dad must be pulling out the stops to just load up on high level talent and see what happens.

Still doubt either of them happen but like u said Vandy and Lsu always seem to pull 1st round kids into staying.
Green has no chance at all in playing here. He might not be a top 5 pick but he is not getting past the Mets at 11, they have a huge bonus pool and will pay him. Mule has a much better chance. I heard he is slipping for some reason so it can work in our benefit.

Just added Alex Valentin yesterday. Real late commit. Not sure if he was hoping to go high in the draft or just not sure what route he wanted to go (Maybe some JUCOs' selling him on 1-2 years) LHP...really really like this kids upside. Hate to compare him to a rival but there is some Parker Messick in this kid. Knows what he is doing out there and has some legit confidence. Video I saw on him he was attacking to both sides of the plate and coming in on LHH...a tough trait that most HS arms dont have.

A few things to clean up but he should help ASAP.

Advertisement
Just added Alex Valentin yesterday. Real late commit. Not sure if he was hoping to go high in the draft or just not sure what route he wanted to go (Maybe some JUCOs' selling him on 1-2 years) LHP...really really like this kids upside. Hate to compare him to a rival but there is some Parker Messick in this kid. Knows what he is doing out there and has some legit confidence. Video I saw on him he was attacking to both sides of the plate and coming in on LHH...a tough trait that most HS arms dont have.

A few things to clean up but he should help ASAP.
Doesn't look like he was draft eligible as he's going into his HS senior year this fall.

Advertisement
Back