2023 Roster Discussion

scane

Redshirt Freshman
Wallen is the first name in the portal per D1’s Transfer Tracker

Advertisement
we can do better at 2nd base as well.
Try to upgrade at every position honestly, especially the ones we’re going to lose to the draft.

Feel like 3B/1B is the only spots we’re set for next season with no need to upgrade or explore immediate upgrades.

Advertisement
Try to upgrade at every position honestly, especially the ones we’re going to lose to the draft.

Feel like 3B/1B is the only spots we’re set for next season with no need to upgrade or explore immediate upgrades.
Add Burke to YoYo and Kafus and yes I agree.

Why would wallen jump in portal this quickly? He got burn this year he just couldn’t hit a lick. I’m surprised by that one

Advertisement
First and foremost, convert Walters into a starter and do whatever is necessary to get him back. Ruiz can show the baseball program a little love if necessary for a 1 year NIL, can't he? And then he needs to do like Palm did and develop secondary pitches in the off-season.

First and foremost, convert Walters into a starter and do whatever is necessary to get him back. Ruiz can show the baseball program a little love if necessary for a 1 year NIL, can't he? And then he needs to do like Palm did and develop secondary pitches in the off-season.
Second get Ligon and Ziehl in the weight room and get them in shape. We are gonna rely on them two like we did Palm this year.

Depends on who transfers, but CF and C are the two obvious needs in the lineup. You definitely don't turn down talent at any spot, but we absolutely need to replace Burke and you need a 2nd C to compete with Perez.

Pitching needs are significantly more. They did well in the portal last year with Romero, Burke, Gallo, and Levenson. Going to be a lot crazier this year though.

He'd probably answer himself on twitter, but if theres any sport here I'd imagine the Ruiz family would care about, it's baseball

Advertisement
He'd probably answer himself on twitter, but if theres any sport here I'd imagine the Ruiz family would care about, it's baseball
One would hope, because the NIL money could have a great impact on baseball because of draft eligible guys, and its beyong reproach since they're already on the team.

Does Jones stick around at catcher? He’s from Colorado I think so he might be a transfer candidate. I’d rather have him than Perez I think but maybe Perez’ injury just killed him this year. He was tough to watch. I’d assume Jacoby Long transfers since we switched OFers 295 times without ever using him.

Does Jones stick around at catcher? He’s from Colorado I think so he might be a transfer candidate. I’d rather have him than Perez I think but maybe Perez’ injury just killed him this year. He was tough to watch. I’d assume Jacoby Long transfers since we switched OFers 295 times without ever using him.

Someone on 247 posted last week Jones and Wallen were in the portal.

Advertisement
Are we certain that Romero leaves? I’d say Burke is gone for sure but where is Romero going to be drafted?

Are we certain that Romero leaves? I’d say Burke is gone for sure but where is Romero going to be drafted?
Last I saw was the 8-10 round range, which would be interesting from a slot to reasonable NIL perspective, but I also wonder whether even with the additional COVID eligibility if kids will still just want to get started in pro ball.

Advertisement
Back