2023 Roster Discussion

Advertisement
There is more of a chance now then 6 months ago. But it is still going to be tough. His potential is off the charts. I just saw that his last 2 weeks at the plate have been his best of the season. 3 homeruns in his last game. Has not pitched much this season. Not sure if the arm was bothering him or if he just wants to be a position guy only. I'm heading up to Jersey in 2 weeks. Ill ask some friends what the streets are saying.

Thanks. What about Kaden Martin? Would love to add his power lefty bat. If Carrier can take that next step, we actually will have some big bombers in the lineup.

Thanks. What about Kaden Martin? Would love to add his power lefty bat. If Carrier can take that next step, we actually will have some big bombers in the lineup.
I havent seen or heard much on him this year...so I take that as a good thing for us. But you just never know with high school kids. I doubt he needs money. There are a lot of really good high school players this year and a much smaller draft than 5 years ago. It will be interesting to see how MLB teams attack the draft. If Im a GM I'm going for JUCO's and JR's in college who could help sooner and have proven themselves again young men and not lineups that may have 15 year olds in them. Unless its the 1st round and an elite talent. Like Jones or Green

On a side note the baseball transfer portal is starting to heat up. Saw a tweet from KRobers that Christian LIttle from Vandy entered. We need Romero to get on him if they are boys. Thats a conference arm next year. He mentioned Sean Sullivan from Northwestern too. Big LHP who would have at least 2 years. I dont know much about him but his numbers are good. His last three starts he got hit around a bit but that included Maryland who was one of the few bright spots for the Big10.

Pitelli can experiment with the portal. He can’t hit. Why would changing his position change that?
I just want to get the 9 best players and hitters in the lineup. Like it or not Pitelli was probably our 6th or 7th best hitter on the team. He was also one of the best on the team defensively. We had absolutely no depth to our lineup. Whoever we threw out at 2B and RF (when Levenson was at DH) was a black hole in the lineup. Pitelli the same thing with the black exception of having 2 huge weekends. No matter what we need a huge influx of talent offensively and pitching wise because our team lived and died with Yoyo, Kayfus, Burke, Palmquist, Romero and Walters and Yoyo and Kayfus are the only sure things to be back.

Advertisement
Wow getting Ian Farrow is huge. Man I’d love to have Burke back for one more year.

Some impressive numbers by Farrow. 1.034 OPS, 24 homers. He will look good in the middle of the lineup next year.

Advertisement
Looking through random box scores, he seems to have primarily been a LF and hit second in their order this past season. Looks like a mix of RF and DH as a freshman.

I was just checking the same thing. So maybe we go Kayfus-Farrow-Yoyo in lineup. Levenson in cleanup? I’m sure we aren’t done in portal as well.

I was just checking the same thing. So maybe we go Kayfus-Farrow-Yoyo in lineup. Levenson in cleanup? I’m sure we aren’t done in portal as well.
I think I prefer your initial concept of him protecting Yoyo unless Burke comes back or we get the power hitting catcher I want in the portal.

Assuming for a moment that Farrow is the “new Burke” and Long is a soon to portal figment of our collective imagination, would Carrier be the CF-elect? He had moved there as a senior in HS.

Advertisement
I think so. Does Villegas goes to RF with Levenson at DH or do we upgrade and get another OF? An OF of Farrow-Burke-Carrier would be nice

Assuming for a moment that Farrow is the “new Burke” and Long is a soon to portal figment of our collective imagination, would Carrier be the CF-elect? He had moved there as a senior in HS.
If he is, he'd better get a lot of reps in the fall as he appeared to be a project in RF the few games he was out there.

Farrow was 2-14 with 0 RBI in 3 games against Miami. Garland pwned him.

Advertisement
Farrow was 2-14 with 0 RBI in 3 games against Miami. Garland pwned him.
Have you looked at our line-up and their performance the last month of the season? I could take any series we played and those stats could apply to any player on the roster. Kid performed over a large number of games and is a take all day.

Have you looked at our line-up and their performance the last month of the season? I could take any series we played and those stats could apply to any player on the roster. Kid performed over a large number of games and is a take all day.
I'm not saying he won't help us, but I'd have preferred Figueredo.

Last I saw was the 8-10 round range, which would be interesting from a slot to reasonable NIL perspective, but I also wonder whether even with the additional COVID eligibility if kids will still just want to get started in pro ball.
This is absolutely insane. Romero is below average at literally everything…. Yet is projected in the 8–10 round range????

Further evidence most baseball scouts have no f’ing clue what they’re looking at.

….for our sake, bye Romero! There’s a few more I wish would go with him.

This is absolutely insane. Romero is below average at literally everything…. Yet is projected in the 8–10 round range????

Further evidence most baseball scouts have no f’ing clue what they’re looking at.

….for our sake, bye Romero! There’s a few more I wish would go with him.
Lefty swinging catcher…. Project… take a chance…

Advertisement
Back