2023 Roster Discussion

Advertisement
Advertisement
So as it stands right now…don’t shoot the messenger, I’m just saying right now.

C- Perez
1B- Kayfus
2B- Garcia or Dorian
SS- Pitellu
3B- Yoyo
LF- Farrow
CF- Carrier
RF- Villegas
DH- Levenson

If Rosario was going to be in the portal, do you think he’d be in there by now?
Yes and no. He probably has had feelers out for a landing spot… he might not be getting back what he wants to hear.

I’d take him back on a reduced scholly and let him be the mid week guy because the experiment with him on the weekend is over

Advertisement

C- Perez
1B- Kayfus
2B- Garcia or Dorian
SS- Pitellu
3B- Yoyo
LF- Farrow
CF- Carrier
RF- Villegas
DH- Levenson

Hopefully Cyr can take Pitelli’s spot and we add another good bat in the OF. Garcia needs to take the next step this year. Dorian and Villegas I just don’t see it with them.

Hopefully Cyr can take Pitelli’s spot and we add another good bat in the OF. Garcia needs to take the next step this year. Dorian and Villegas I just don’t see it with them.
Agree, because that OF is still a work-in-progress. Anyone know what kind of defender Farrow is?

C- Perez
1B- Kayfus
2B- Garcia or Dorian
SS- Pitellu
3B- Yoyo
LF- Farrow
CF- Carrier
RF- Villegas
DH- Levenson
It’s not a bad starting point, but you need to find an impact catcher in the portal and get Cyr and Martin on campus to push in the middle infield and outfield respectively.

Advertisement
Major blow for what appears to be a sinking ship for Gino. Next up all eligible players turn pro

Advertisement
Someone call A. Rosario and remind him there's this thing called the portal and he should definitely check it out.

Here’s an interesting one: McFarlane is in the portal

There must be 1 or 2 more JC transfers about to be announced. Otherwise, why wouldn't we just tell him a spot in the rotation is his to lose heading into fall practice? At least he showed improvement and promise compared to 2021.

This one surprised me. I figured he go pro. I suppose he still could, but why bother to enter the portal? Maybe keeping his options open?
Seems the most likely reason. They should probably move the portal deadline from July 1st to just after the draft, but I can see where coaches would hate that more.

There must be 1 or 2 more JC transfers about to be announced. Otherwise, why wouldn't we just tell him a spot in the rotation is his to lose heading into fall practice? At least he showed improvement and promise compared to 2021.
I’d still assume he’s going pro, and it’s possible Gino couldn’t or wouldn’t wait to find out before filling his spot.

Advertisement
Back