2023 Roster Discussion

A bit surprised we weren’t able to keep some kids like Palm, Burke, Garland, etc. with the money Ruiz has been throwing around in Football and Basketball. Especially since his son was a member of the team. If Ruiz does decide to go all in on baseball as well. Things could start getting interesting.
Why would you be surprised? Palm was a 3rd rounder. The other guys you mentioned have zero social media presence. You think Ruiz is just gonna throw money at them and not expect anything in return?

Advertisement
A bit surprised we weren’t able to keep some kids like Palm, Burke, Garland, etc. with the money Ruiz has been throwing around in Football and Basketball. Especially since his son was a member of the team. If Ruiz does decide to go all in on baseball as well. Things could start getting interesting.

Even at SEC schools, kids like Palm aren't really passing up the draft. I think you're underestimating how rare it is even now with NIL. Walters, Brandon Sproat from UF, and Nolan Maclean from Ok St were the top 3 players to return to college.

Even at SEC schools, kids like Palm aren't really passing up the draft. I think you're underestimating how rare it is even now with NIL. Walters, Brandon Sproat from UF, and Nolan Maclean from Ok St were the top 3 players to return to college.
Of course Palm was the least likely to come back, he was a 3rd round pick who got almost $800k. I also mentioned Burke and Garland. The $250k or so Burke took is going to be there even if he played one more season. Something like $100k in NIL money and a year closer to getting your degree or even getting it would have me thinking.

Of course Palm was the least likely to come back, he was a 3rd round pick who got almost $800k. I also mentioned Burke and Garland. The $250k or so Burke took is going to be there even if he played one more season. Something like $100k in NIL money and a year closer to getting your degree or even getting it would have me thinking.

We dont know if Burke was or wasnt offered anything. A lot of players want to just get their pro careers started, and for someone getting 7th rd money like Burke, the Sox will very likely also be paying for the rest of his degree. I mean there are players at schools like Miss St that are prioritizing baseball NIL that signed for less than Burke. Spending another year playing college baseball isnt what everyone wants to do.

And Garland, I'm happy he got drafted. He's also a below average ACC pitcher, it's probably good for both sides it worked out that way.

Advertisement
Portal outfielder from Nevada. A random sampling of box scores from last season has him as a CF. Seems like a solid pickup.

Last edited:
Portal outfielder from Nevada. A random sampling of box scores from last season has him as a CF. Seems like a solid pickup.
Nice. Do you think we'll see an initial '22 - '23 roster soon, now that classes have begun?

Nice. Do you think we'll see an initial '22 - '23 roster soon, now that classes have begun?
We should. It used to come out reliably on the first day of classes, but last year it was about a week late.

Advertisement
CIS...YOUR...2023 Miami Hurricanes. (Partial list-more to come)
1661969512331.png

Advertisement
Still incomplete. Carlos Lequerica from FIU is on the roster. Myles Caba LHP from South Florida State College is on the roster.

Advertisement

Final Roster. Walters Sr. is there

Other than the two commits drafted, all the recruits of the class of '22 are accounted for except David Morales and Diego Guevara. Lequerica and Caba are the only out-of-the-blue surprises.

Final Roster. Walters Sr. is there
I count 39 - I suspect there will be several JC transfers after the fall, as is usually the case.

Advertisement
Back