2021 Coaching Salaries

Advertisement
Advertisement
Big name hire will cost at least 6 million. Can play the no state tax for FL to try and save some money.

After that probably 4-5 million for the other 9 coaches plus off the field roles.

Advertisement
That’s great. I can see them doing that. I’m not counting on a class for 2022 at this point. Resolving the AD and Coach issues are number 1.

Agreed. Honestly its not really a bad thing either if they punt the 22 class. There's going to be talent available in the portal for whoever the coach will be.

IMO, Napier would be the better long term program builder & Freeze would be the better short term quick turn around option being able to probably bring in a QB from the Portal & would have our Offense up & running right away.

Napier would fix our run game but it might take a season or two because he builds from the OL up, he also would probably stick around for longer, Freeze to me seems hellbent on getting back to the SEC & would jump at the first gig that came open so we might theoretically only have him for a couple seasons tops in that hypothetical.

I’ll take either one, wouldn’t have a problem with either one, both IMO would do very well in scouting players that fit their system & put a good product on the field & have us competing for the ACC within 2 years.
Freeze will be hellbent on getting back to the SEC.......until he sees the hookers we have here

We should offer Shaw $15 mil per year with no intention of paying it. The Stanford nerds then match it and it sets off a domino effect as Baga instantly has to pay Sabag $15 mil plus $1 dollar. Then all the "elite" coaches under Sabag demand raises to be right below Sabag. Keep doing this until we bankrupt the whole sport. It's how we won the Cold War.

Advertisement
Y’all throwing these crazy buyout figures around while Tom Herman doesn’t cost a thing. His baggage ain’t that much considering the source. Spend it on a staff
I had thought this, but he has 3 years left on his Texas deal with $15M on it. So I highly doubt he just gets rid of that to start over at a school where the AD doesn't even put much effort into sports. Someone had said they think he's going to try to make it in the NFL and he's getting basically getting paid for training with the Bears while collecting his fat checks.

Advertisement
I had thought this, but he has 3 years left on his Texas deal with $15M on it. So I highly doubt he just gets rid of that to start over at a school where the AD doesn't even put much effort into sports. Someone had said they think he's going to try to make it in the NFL and he's getting basically getting paid for training with the Bears while collecting his fat checks.
Would make sense. He better change that attitude when talking to grown men though lol.

I’d be interested to know how his payout is structured.

Would make sense. He better change that attitude when talking to grown men though lol.

I’d be interested to know how his payout is structured.
His actual contract is available online through the Texas Tribune. Who knows if any new agreements were made at the time of his firing but he's owed $15 mil ($5 mil over 3 yrs) from Texas and any future football employment during that term is deducted from the buyout.

For the insiders on the board i.e. Alex Jones, etc, is money really that much of an issue that they can't remotely come close for Mario or Stoops?

If that's the case, then they need to get creative. Petersen, Herman, O' Brien...no buyouts. Chadwell, Napier, and Freeze...small buyouts. Fire Blake James and/or Strawley.

Advertisement
Back