2021 Coaching Salaries

Advertisement
it'll be an up and comer imo for 4. if you're gonna poach someone who's proven their worth it'll take 5 plus to get them to leave imo and beating out other schools.

also it doesn't matter what they were then, we don't hit on up and comers. if we did then diff story (also salaries when Nick was hired by Bama are far diff than they are now). he was a top dollar candidate then to leave the fins. Day was an internal hire. Dabo internal hire. Mullen came into UF in a diff world salary wise than the other guys did. also wouldn't call Ed O quality lol. hes lucky Brady was there to rescue him

Yeah, I agree w/ ur Saban comment, but interesting to note, when he was hired, his salary was I believe the 8th highest back in 2007. Again, even then, he only commanded that b/c he was already under a NFL contract + what he accomplished while at LSU.

But, I’m w/ u, and I’m been saying this; hiring an established P5 coach is a pipe dream, unless u want to pony up $6 - $7m. We’ll probably be going the G5 route. However, I will say that in the case of both Clemson & OSU, they were clearly smarter than us. The contracts of both Dabo & Day were “prove it” contracts for their internal hires. If imma be frank, seeing their contracts w/ incentives, ****ed me off thinking bout Diaz’s contract.

Yeah, I agree w/ ur Saban comment, but interesting to note, when he was hired, his salary was I believe the 8th highest back in 2007. Again, even then, he only commanded that b/c he was already under a NFL contract + what he accomplished while at LSU.

But, I’m w/ u, and I’m been saying this; hiring an established P5 coach is a pipe dream, unless u want to pony up $6 - $7m. We’ll probably be going the G5 route. However, I will say that in the case of both Clemson & OSU, they were clearly smarter than us. The contracts of both Dabo & Day were “prove it” contracts for their internal hires. If imma be frank, seeing their contracts w/ incentives, ****ed me off thinking bout Diaz’s contract.

id venture to guess that we don't throw in many incentives or what we see of Diazs contract is with the incentives included. I remember we thought golden was getting paid more than he was and during the lawsuit, it was super low base salary wise. I also wonder with Dabo bc he was an assistant on a fired staff and was promoted to interim and kept the job. maybe it skews things there and his initial salary could be his interim assistant salary

I always wondered why Jim is not getting paid more at Mich.
David Shaw - Wow...good for you bro...get yours.
Steve - that's all you could get from Texas?
Luke Fickell - about to double his salary
Gus Malzahn - available for cheap---Probably number one on Miami's list. just saying.

Manny - they are listing your near future salary.
Between cost of living adjustments for the valley and CA taxes shaw making significantly less it seems

LoL, because the university does not have an academic operating budget? Good lord, it is a different fund of money. Miami could accept more students but they try to keep class sizes around 10 to 12 students. This is the advantage of a private institution. Smaller class sizes and more intimacy with your department professors, etc. My son knows everybody in the engineering school and they know him.

I’m a CPA, trust me bro, I know fund accounting and how non-profits and municipalities and schools handle their books.

The point is, and has been sited 100 times on this board, when Bama brought in Saban and they started winning, enrollment went up. When Miami was crushing it 20 years ago enrollment went up.

The marginal difference of $2mm for a strong HC will pay for itself when the team would in theory start producing at a level commensurate with its talent.

Advertisement
I’m a CPA, trust me bro, I know fund accounting and how non-profits and municipalities and schools handle their books.

The point is, and has been sited 100 times on this board, when Bama brought in Saban and they started winning, enrollment went up. When Miami was crushing it 20 years ago enrollment went up.

The marginal difference of $2mm for a strong HC will pay for itself when the team would in theory start producing at a level commensurate with its talent.

Don’t think anyone feels we can’t pay the year to year cost for a new coach.

The initial cost is a legit issue imo.

that's if Miami wants enrollment to go beyond where it is now for each class. they don't offer an online only undergrad degree like UF does or even partial online partial on campus to have ample housing. Miamis draw isn't that its a state school, but a small private school w good teacher to student ratio that provides more support than you would find at a big public school. Miami forces all non Miami dade residents to reside on campus their freshman year

Last edited:
Advertisement

You can be frank. Too bad you’re not frenk.

They absolutely have the money, the BOT just has to decide to actually spend it.

But make no mistake about it, they got the money...
You keep saying this, but the numbers indicate otherwise. I know our fans think that Miami can just dip into the general fund and spend on football, but that isn't nor shouldn't be the case. If a donor is willing to step up, that's one thing, but barring that, Miami does have to work within a budget. The problem is that we have a garbage AD that fails to maximize the resources Miami does have. Miami can have Bill Clark or Napier for the amount they are paying Manny. That's a failure of leadership. If you are going to not be able to merely throw money at an issue, you have to make hires with good success probabilities. Manny wasn't that guy.

You keep saying this, but the numbers indicate otherwise. I know our fans think that Miami can just dip into the general fund and spend on football, but that isn't nor shouldn't be the case. If a donor is willing to step up, that's one thing, but barring that, Miami does have to work within a budget. The problem is that we have a garbage AD that fails to maximize the resources Miami does have. Miami can have Bill Clark or Napier for the amount they are paying Manny. That's a failure of leadership. If you are going to not be able to merely throw money at an issue, you have to make hires with good success probabilities. Manny wasn't that guy.
Look 3 posts up, the actual numbers are there in the IRS filings.

Pretty shameful that a university with $5b in revenues, a number that exceeds a lot of supposedly wealthier schools, won’t invest $10m in itself.
There are dumb ideas and there's this. You really think that the academic side would be cool with admitting some kids and every dime of it goes to the football program? Never mind the possible illegality of saying something is for tuition and you are using those funds to pay a football coach.

Most schools aren't spending money out of their general fund on sports. Donors, ticket, apparel and tv revenues are what pays the bills. Guess what, Miami may have pulled in 4 billion, but most of that was the med school and they rightfully want what they brought in back, so they can continue to grow and be world class. I've said it once and I'll say it again: Football can do great things, but the day Miami becomes a jock school, where every decision is based on helping the program is the day the University dies. There's a reason why there are few if any private schools are managed in the way you propose.

Advertisement
Look 3 posts up, the actual numbers are there in the IRS filings.
And you dont understand how REVENUE works. Again, the University of Miami draws in funds, but they are going to reinvest it into important things, LIKE THE ACTUAL UNIVERSITY ITSELF. A large bulk of that revenue goes right back out the door to the med school and to capital improvements.

Yes I did.

He no longer has Drew Brees and has Jameis Winston as his QB as well as having a ****load of money tied up with Taysom Hill.

He's from the Parcells coaching tree who obviously loves south FL and maybe he wants a different challenge.
Am I getting punk’d? Where you at Ashton Kutcher!

Brother….I hate to break it to you but Sean Payton is not coming here.

Advertisement
There are dumb ideas and there's this. You really think that the academic side would be cool with admitting some kids and every dime of it goes to the football program? Never mind the possible illegality of saying something is for tuition and you are using those funds to pay a football coach.

Most schools aren't spending money out of their general fund on sports. Donors, ticket, apparel and tv revenues are what pays the bills. Guess what, Miami may have pulled in 4 billion, but most of that was the med school and they rightfully want what they brought in back, so they can continue to grow and be world class. I've said it once and I'll say it again: Football can do great things, but the day Miami becomes a jock school, where every decision is based on helping the program is the day the University dies. There's a reason why there are few if any private schools are managed in the way you propose.
Lol

And you dont understand how REVENUE works. Again, the University of Miami draws in funds, but they are going to reinvest it into important things, LIKE THE ACTUAL UNIVERSITY ITSELF. A large bulk of that revenue goes right back out the door to the med school and to capital improvements.
And you don’t understand simple BUSINESS concepts. You’re a blowhard.

You didn’t even read the Form 990. Lol I love when dudes get all emotional about things they haven’t even bothered to look at.

You have zero credibility.

Advertisement
Back