2021 Coaching Salaries

Advertisement
Undergrad at Miami is approx. $50k, so for every $1mm that’s 20 students. To go from $4mm to $6mm, that’s 40 students.

You mean to tell me that this BOT is so stupid, that for an incremental $2mm to get a legit HC, and finally matchup talent with coaching, they couldn’t recoup the investment by way of getting 40 extra students to enroll at Miami when in theory we could be a top 10 to 15 school?

Let alone any increased donations from boosters
Miami gives out a ton of aid

I don’t ever want to hear an excuse about our athletics suffering because our admin/BOT want to prioritize academics. Stanford laughs at that excuse.
Might have a little to do with the $30+ Billion endowment and all of the athletes than have endowed scholarships.

PS: they cut a bunch of sports recently.

Last edited:
**** do you think Miami is going to pay both Manny's buyout and a $5M buyout for Napier? $~3Mish for the others and Freeze buyout not listed.
Yeah I realize if Manny gets another coaching job that salary will be subtracted from his owed money, but he may probably do the same analyst role thing that all the other coaches are doing to get their money.

We are in a bad situation lol.
Pretty shameful that a university with $5b in revenues, a number that exceeds a lot of supposedly wealthier schools, won’t invest $10m in itself.

Bro....you named Sean Payton as an option...like what?????
Yes I did.

He no longer has Drew Brees and has Jameis Winston as his QB as well as having a ****load of money tied up with Taysom Hill.

He's from the Parcells coaching tree who obviously loves south FL and maybe he wants a different challenge.

Advertisement
For comparison, my Alma mater Lafayette college It has 2000 undergraduate students and an endowment of 750 million dollars

Stanford has a $28 billion dollar endowment Miami $1.05 billion
$28.9B a/o August 2020. Add at least another 10% between portfolio performance and additional gifts and probably more like 20%.

1-N. Saban $9.7M 2-E. Orgeron $9.0M 3-D. Shaw $8.9M 4-D. Swinney $8.3M 5-L. Riley $7.6M 6-D. Mullen $7.57M 7-J. Fisher $7.5M 8-K. Smart, UGA $7.1M 9-R. Day $6.6M 10-G. Patterson $6.1M 11-P. Fitzgerald $5.7M 12-C. Kelly $5.6M

we want to win, we gotta pay up to lure a proven guy here (note proven). Mullen got a pay raise from MSU obviously at 6 and now hes up to 7.57.

it'll take 6-8 to get a proven guy here. will the admin admit that they gotta pony up?
I hear u bro, but that’s what those guys r making now AFTER they proved their value.

I could be wrong, but I think Mullen was the only one who came in at $6m, but I know for a fact, Saban ($4m), Shaw ($3.1m), Dabo ($800k), Day ($900k), Eddy O ($3.5m) all had fair contracts b4 on-field performances provided more incentives.

We can get a quality HC for $4 - $5m that would run the Coastal.

Advertisement
I hear u bro, but that’s what those guys r making now AFTER they proved their value.

I could be wrong, but I think Mullen was the only one who came in at $6m, but I know for a fact, Saban ($4m), Shaw ($3.1m), Dabo ($800k), Day ($900k), Eddy O ($3.5m) all had fair contracts b4 on-field performances provided more incentives.

i still say a head football coach should have a base salary of no more than $200 K plus incentive clauses based on performance.

if these ******** want more money, then they have to EARN it ! paying some underperforming clown like mandy millions per year is INSANE !

i still say a head football coach should have a base salary of no more than $200 K plus incentive clauses based on performance.

if these ******** want more money, then they have to EARN it ! paying some underperforming clown like mandy millions per year is INSANE !
What’s interesting is that a lot of the 1st contracts, it was a base, then they had all of these performance incentive bonuses (hint, I didn’t come across one that included graduation. Lol).

Last edited:

it'll be an up and comer imo for 4. if you're gonna poach someone who's proven their worth it'll take 5 plus to get them to leave imo and beating out other schools.

also it doesn't matter what they were then, we don't hit on up and comers. if we did then diff story (also salaries when Nick was hired by Bama are far diff than they are now). he was a top dollar candidate then to leave the fins. Day was an internal hire. Dabo internal hire. Mullen came into UF in a diff world salary wise than the other guys did. also wouldn't call Ed O quality lol. hes lucky Brady was there to rescue him

Advertisement
Money Cash GIF by Sleeping Giant Media

How many of those 12 were actually proven as HCs before their current role though?

The ones that weren’t…
Orgeron
Shaw
Dabo
Riley
Kirby
Day
Patterson
Fitzgerald

So 8/12 weren’t.

Playing devils advocate here. And the majority of those guys didn’t walk into those contracts. Those are extensions because of success.

To dig a little deeper.. Fitzgerald, Patterson, Dabo, Day, Riley, Oregeron, and Shaw were all promoted into that role from being on staff prior.
Ayy, gtfoh making all that sense! You know where you are?! The same board that thinks Deion Sanders should be the next HC.

Undergrad at Miami is approx. $50k, so for every $1mm that’s 20 students. To go from $4mm to $6mm, that’s 40 students.

You mean to tell me that this BOT is so stupid, that for an incremental $2mm to get a legit HC, and finally matchup talent with coaching, they couldn’t recoup the investment by way of getting 40 extra students to enroll at Miami when in theory we could be a top 10 to 15 school?

Let alone any increased donations from boosters
LoL, because the university does not have an academic operating budget? Good lord, it is a different fund of money. Miami could accept more students but they try to keep class sizes around 10 to 12 students. This is the advantage of a private institution. Smaller class sizes and more intimacy with your department professors, etc. My son knows everybody in the engineering school and they know him.

Advertisement
LoL, because the university does not have an academic operating budget? Good lord, it is a different funds of money. Miami could accept more students but they try to keep class sizes around 10 to 12 students. This is the advantage of a private institution. Smaller class sizes and more intimacy with your department professors, etc. My son knows everybody in the engineering school and they know him.

when I was there, it was about 2000 kids a class (total entering freshman). think UM likes to keep it around that per class. not sure if it changed at all since then

1-N. Saban $9.7M 2-E. Orgeron $9.0M 3-D. Shaw $8.9M 4-D. Swinney $8.3M 5-L. Riley $7.6M 6-D. Mullen $7.57M 7-J. Fisher $7.5M 8-K. Smart, UGA $7.1M 9-R. Day $6.6M 10-G. Patterson $6.1M 11-P. Fitzgerald $5.7M 12-C. Kelly $5.6M

we want to win, we gotta pay up to lure a proven guy here (note proven). Mullen got a pay raise from MSU obviously at 6 and now hes up to 7.57.

it'll take 6-8 to get a proven guy here. will the admin admit that they gotta pony up?
Out of the 12 highest paid coaches in college football…only 4 has won a NC as A head coach…

There are a ton of threads all to conclude Manny isn’t getting fired and we are too cheap to hire another coach.

But that being said, why is Freeze a good choice (given he’ll jump to an SEC job and has a history of problems)

Advertisement
Back