2021 Coaching Salaries

hoops156

Senior
1-N. Saban $9.7M 2-E. Orgeron $9.0M 3-D. Shaw $8.9M 4-D. Swinney $8.3M 5-L. Riley $7.6M 6-D. Mullen $7.57M 7-J. Fisher $7.5M 8-K. Smart, UGA $7.1M 9-R. Day $6.6M 10-G. Patterson $6.1M 11-P. Fitzgerald $5.7M 12-C. Kelly $5.6M

we want to win, we gotta pay up to lure a proven guy here (note proven). Mullen got a pay raise from MSU obviously at 6 and now hes up to 7.57.

it'll take 6-8 to get a proven guy here. will the admin admit that they gotta pony up?

Advertisement
1-N. Saban $9.7M 2-E. Orgeron $9.0M 3-D. Shaw $8.9M 4-D. Swinney $8.3M 5-L. Riley $7.6M 6-D. Mullen $7.57M 7-J. Fisher $7.5M 8-K. Smart, UGA $7.1M 9-R. Day $6.6M 10-G. Patterson $6.1M 11-P. Fitzgerald $5.7M 12-C. Kelly $5.6M

we want to win, we gotta pay up to lure a proven guy here (note proven). Mullen got a pay raise from MSU obviously at 6 and now hes up to 7.57.

it'll take 6-8 to get a proven guy here. will the admin admit that they gotta pony up?
How many of those 12 were actually proven as HCs before their current role though?

The ones that weren’t…
Orgeron
Shaw
Dabo
Riley
Kirby
Day
Patterson
Fitzgerald

So 8/12 weren’t.

Playing devils advocate here. And the majority of those guys didn’t walk into those contracts. Those are extensions because of success.

To dig a little deeper.. Fitzgerald, Patterson, Dabo, Day, Riley, Oregeron, and Shaw were all promoted into that role from being on staff prior.

Last edited by a moderator:

edit: I take it back. Ed O's deal was because of his 2019 NC extension with escalator clauses on a yearly basis. I think signing Mario to a 5 year 30-35m contract sounds about right.

That said, I think it sounds about right that the goal should be to spend 6M on a coach. And if you think about it, the school should have no problem doing that. They didn't blink an eye paying Richt $4m right after getting canned and that was 5-6 years ago.

Last edited:
Advertisement
edit: I take it back. Ed O's deal was because of his 2019 NC extension with escalator clauses on a yearly basis. I think signing Mario to a 5 year 30-35m contract sounds about right.

That said, I think it sounds about right that the goal should be to spend 6M on a coach. And if you think about it, the school should have no problem doing that. They didn't blink an eye paying Richt $4m right after getting canned and that was 5-6 years ago.

Wish TrumpyCane had $9,000,000 to waste like LSU

Also got Manny’s deserved salary correct
0B46FA27-DD7A-472A-BA20-32B795627AD7.jpeg

Advertisement
Serious question, If Miami were to find the right coach could we retain them and compete with any of these salaries or are we a revolving door every three to four years?

How many of those 12 were actually proven as HCs before their current role though?

The ones that weren’t…
Orgeron
Shaw
Dabo
Riley
Kirby
Day
Patterson
Fitzgerald

So 8/12 weren’t.

Playing devils advocate here. And the majority of those guys didn’t walk into those contracts. Those are extensions because of success.

To dig a little deeper.. Fitzgerald, Patterson, Dabo, Day, Riley, Oregeron, and Shaw were all promoted into that role from being on staff prior.

we don't hit on up and comers so that doesn't matter. if we actually hit on a few, then sure, but we don't. that's why we gotta go after a proven commodity. that takes money. UF went after Mullet and Chip once their two attempts at up and comers flopped following urban

Advertisement

I agree. 6 is where I think we need to begin if were serious about getting back to even competitive again. we can't take a gamble on another up and comer and regardless of where they were prior to their current salary base, they're proven now. if you want Mario, you gotta pony up which at 5/30 gets you to 6 mill.

I always wondered why Jim is not getting paid more at Mich.
David Shaw - Wow...good for you bro...get yours.
Steve - that's all you could get from Texas?
Luke Fickell - about to double his salary
Gus Malzahn - available for cheap---Probably number one on Miami's list. just saying.

Manny - they are listing your near future salary.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back