2021 Coaching Salaries

Advertisement
**** do you think Miami is going to pay both Manny's buyout and a $5M buyout for Napier? $~3Mish for the others and Freeze buyout not listed.
Yeah I realize if Manny gets another coaching job that salary will be subtracted from his owed money, but he may probably do the same analyst role thing that all the other coaches are doing to get their money.

We are in a bad situation lol.
Napier’s buyout actually isn’t that high compared to Stoops & Cristobal.

It’s workable, if you’re going to pay him a $4Mill+ type salary that buyout is very reasonable, but for people chomping at the bit for Stoops with a $19million dollar buyout & Cristobal with a $15mill buyout, no way would our money men do that.

Hugh Freeze is probably the best deal available for a cheap BOT like ours...

But knowing how we get down we’ll fire manny & elevate Lashlee to HC, would be the most Miami thing ever lol.

Advertisement
Malzahn is losing games to terrible Navy teams. He's probably not even #1 on Miami (OH)'s list.

So we should hire Miami (OH)’s AD lol

I always wondered why Jim is not getting paid more at Mich.
David Shaw - Wow...good for you bro...get yours.
Steve - that's all you could get from Texas?
Luke Fickell - about to double his salary
Gus Malzahn - available for cheap---Probably number one on Miami's list. just saying.

Manny - they are listing your near future salary.
Jim was getting paid big $, until the on field production wasn’t matching. So Michigan renegotiated his contract. It’s more incentive based this time vs upfront cash.

Who would be better for the program in the long run between Freeze and Napier? And who could build the better staff. I know both were good recruiters in the SEC but we probably won't play those games so I'm curious who would have the energy to be good on the trail and evaluate those players as well. I still like the idea of Dan Lanning from Georgia and Glenn Schumann for DC. Then just would have to break bread on a top notch OC

Advertisement
Napier’s buyout actually isn’t that high compared to Stoops & Cristobal.

It’s workable, if you’re going to pay him a $4Mill+ type salary that buyout is very reasonable, but for people chomping at the bit for Stoops with a $19million dollar buyout & Cristobal with a $15mill buyout, no way would our money men do that.

Hugh Freeze is probably the best deal available for a cheap BOT like ours...

But knowing how we get down we’ll fire manny & elevate Lashlee to HC, would be the most Miami thing ever lol.
When you consider what we paid Temple for Manny just days after he left here or w/e, their buyouts are reasonable considering they all are decently successful and actual HC's. I'm just curious if we have that kind of money to do it again, especially since now we also have to buyout Manny as well. And if we do, will the board/AD actually do it.

I think Napier or Freeze is the best we're going to get personally, still don't know what the school will do though.

When you consider what we paid Temple for Manny just days after he left here or w/e, their buyouts are reasonable considering they all are decently successful and actual HC's. I'm just curious if we have that kind of money to do it again, especially since now we also have to buyout Manny as well. And if we do, will the board/AD actually do it.

I think Napier or Freeze is the best we're going to get personally, still don't know what the school will do though.
They absolutely have the money, the BOT just has to decide to actually spend it.

But make no mistake about it, they got the money...

Oh & yall might wanna check Stoops, Cristobal & Kiffin off your wish lists...

You’re only getting those guys away from their current jobs for $6-7mill per, Miami ain’t doing that.

Not to mention, Stoops has a $19 million dollar buyout & Cristobal has a $15mill buyout.
I saw those two buyout numbers on Mario and Stoops. I don’t see us paying a $15M buyout fee for Mario, though I don’t know what they’ll ultimately decide. The only thing is if there’s a different buyout number in there reserved for certain schools. That would make a difference.

Oh & yall might wanna check Stoops, Cristobal & Kiffin off your wish lists...

You’re only getting those guys away from their current jobs for $6-7mill per, Miami ain’t doing that.

Not to mention, Stoops has a $19 million dollar buyout & Cristobal has a $15mill buyout.
You guys are reading those buyouts wrong those figures are what their current job would have to pay them if they fired them today.

Advertisement
Lol Jennifer strawley is scared of his toxic masculinity.
Strawley isn't going to be there. Blake goes, she's out with him. Or, Blake throws her under the bus and brings in a legit AD for football. I doubt he is able to pull it off, either way, she's on borrowed time.

Freeze only making
240d22bf3aeda750fca5c00d2dfbf72a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Who would be better for the program in the long run between Freeze and Napier? And who could build the better staff. I know both were good recruiters in the SEC but we probably won't play those games so I'm curious who would have the energy to be good on the trail and evaluate those players as well. I still like the idea of Dan Lanning from Georgia and Glenn Schumann for DC. Then just would have to break bread on a top notch OC
IMO, Napier would be the better long term program builder & Freeze would be the better short term quick turn around option being able to probably bring in a QB from the Portal & would have our Offense up & running right away.

Napier would fix our run game but it might take a season or two because he builds from the OL up, he also would probably stick around for longer, Freeze to me seems hellbent on getting back to the SEC & would jump at the first gig that came open so we might theoretically only have him for a couple seasons tops in that hypothetical.

I’ll take either one, wouldn’t have a problem with either one, both IMO would do very well in scouting players that fit their system & put a good product on the field & have us competing for the ACC within 2 years.

You guys are reading those buyouts wrong those figures are what their current job would have to pay them if they fired them today.
Nice. So the buyouts are less - so Mario may be at $7-8 M. Our people can do that if they decide to.

I read an article on Napier and they was praising him for his attention to detail in building a program. Pretty much saying he was the next Saban in those regards. I would take a chance on him. But I guess all those things are contingent if the BOT gives him the resources to build a quality staff. Would love for a coach to reach out to Coach Raymond from LSU if Coach O gets fired. I've always wanted him on a Miami defensive staff.

Advertisement
Back