2021 Coaching Salaries

Do NOT want Gus Malzahn here.

That's insane that David Shaw is making that much. Granted once you take away all the CA taxes he's prob not sitting that pretty.
Not really. He typically has them at a fairly high level and has to deal with rigorous academic requirements.

Advertisement
I believe the buyout that's listed is the guaranteed money that the school is on the hook for if they were to fire that coach. Not what the buyout is for another school to poach them. I could be completely wrong though. Some of those numbers just don't seem anywhere near right.

Who would be better for the program in the long run between Freeze and Napier? And who could build the better staff. I know both were good recruiters in the SEC but we probably won't play those games so I'm curious who would have the energy to be good on the trail and evaluate those players as well. I still like the idea of Dan Lanning from Georgia and Glenn Schumann for DC. Then just would have to break bread on a top notch OC
Freeze. Napier don’t feel long term. Freeze would probably be grateful to be back in a P5.

Advertisement

Attachments

• stroll.gif
    stroll.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
I’m not saying I’m privy to any financial details, but I really don’t get why it’s so far fetched to pay a legitimate top 20 coach $6 to $7mm a year considering Miami is paying Manny $4mm and change.

Richt was around $5mm.

I guess we will all find out, I just don’t get why some of you are treating it as a forgone conclusion based upon the school really needing to step up to squash the negative stigma out there from GameDay.

Aside from Herman for me.

Napier, Freeze, Chadwell, O'Brien have either no buyout, or don’t have a big buyout if one, and are realistic IF we call them up and offer 3-4M a year.

I would offer Brent Venebals 5M a year to leave his BF in Clemson too. Probably won't work, but worth a try.

Jim was getting paid big $, until the on field production wasn’t matching. So Michigan renegotiated his contract. It’s more incentive based this time vs upfront cash.
Wow. That is so logical. Should have more contracts like that. Lose $500k for every loss.

Advertisement
I’m not saying I’m privy to any financial details, but I really don’t get why it’s so far fetched to pay a legitimate top 20 coach $6 to $7mm a year considering Miami is paying Manny $4mm and change.

Richt was around $5mm.

I guess we will all find out, I just don’t get why some of you are treating it as a forgone conclusion based upon the school really needing to step up to squash the negative stigma out there from GameDay.
Miami is paying Manny $3.5mill...

Richt was $4.1mill (he signed a 4 year $16million dollar deal but he gave up $1mill of his own money for the IPF & left before he actually got to the largest portion of his contract which was upcoming in the 2019 season before he stepped down).

Last edited:

Richt was around $5mm.

We’re not paying manny 4. We’re paying him 3.1
richt was in the 4s

Advertisement
Miami is paying Manny $3.5mill...

Richt was $4.1mill (he signed a 4 year $20million dollar deal).
Legit just made up **** to justify why Miami will spend like they’ve never done. If you want a program that invests big money this has never been it and will never be it

IMO, Napier would be the better long term program builder & Freeze would be the better short term quick turn around option being able to probably bring in a QB from the Portal & would have our Offense up & running right away.

Napier would fix our run game but it might take a season or two because he builds from the OL up, he also would probably stick around for longer, Freeze to me seems hellbent on getting back to the SEC & would jump at the first gig that came open so we might theoretically only have him for a couple seasons tops in that hypothetical.

I’ll take either one, wouldn’t have a problem with either one, both IMO would do very well in scouting players that fit their system & put a good product on the field & have us competing for the ACC within 2 years.
The bold is correct.

As to the underlined: not if he starts winning here.

I always wondered why Jim is not getting paid more at Mich.
David Shaw - Wow...good for you bro...get yours.
Steve - that's all you could get from Texas?
Luke Fickell - about to double his salary
Gus Malzahn - available for cheap---Probably number one on Miami's list. just saying.

Manny - they are listing your near future salary.
Harbaugh was making like 8 mill every year of his contract but decided to take a pay cut I believe in order to get extended...and its backloaded I believe as well

Advertisement
Legit just made up **** to justify why Miami will spend like they’ve never done. If you want a program that invests big money this has never been it and will never be it

While I agree that we won't go up to 6 or 7 mil and beyond, Coker was near the top of the conference when he got an extension after the national championship. At the very least, we should be closer to the top than the bottom as we currently are.

While I agree that we won't go up to 6 or 7 mil and beyond, Coker was near the top of the conference when he got an extension after the national championship. At the very least, we should be closer to the top than the bottom as we currently are.
Issue is that wasn’t 6 mill which is the going rate for a proven guy. We operate in s diff world than others do. Well try to do it on the cheap and just bank On some one becoming the next great.

Undergrad at Miami is approx. $50k, so for every $1mm that’s 20 students. To go from $4mm to $6mm, that’s 40 students.

You mean to tell me that this BOT is so stupid, that for an incremental $2mm to get a legit HC, and finally matchup talent with coaching, they couldn’t recoup the investment by way of getting 40 extra students to enroll at Miami when in theory we could be a top 10 to 15 school?

Let alone any increased donations from boosters

I mean good for David Shaw, Stanford a tough place to recruit amd win and he's done it. But ****.

ZomboMeme 14102021230951.jpg

Advertisement
Back