Zo/Nuñez Potential AD's?

Advertisement
Here's a simple standard for any hires within the athletic department. They could ask themselves what programs do they think we're comparable with right now. They could then ask what programs they'd like us to become or pull even with. Then just ask if ANY of the schools between that starting point and that end point would even consider hiring this person.

Tony Hernandez and this dude ain't even getting a courtesy interview at any of the schools in that range if these clowns have any true aspirations of us being a power program again.

Advertisement
5D22CC67-72A9-4A55-A198-9EB1D3892660.jpeg

Are you under the impression that Richard Pitino is actually a good coach?
For a school like New Mexico he is. He could’ve went and taken any premier assistant position in the country or a job like St. John’s or of similar nature but he got him to come to New Mexico.

Advertisement
New Mexico hasn't been a good basketball program since Steve Alford left and the last of his players left the program. That was in 2014 when one of Alford's assistants got the job. The HC for the entirety of Nunez's tenure before this season is a guy that was hired a couple months before Nunez took over. I don't know New Mexico's finances but I'm not sure they're in the business of firing coaches and paying buyouts well before they have too.

So yeah New Mexico has been bad at basketball while he's been there under a hire that wasn't his but they were about the same before he got there the previous 3 seasons. They bottomed out in the covid year and he fired the guy. Or maybe the contract just expired.

Why do you think Richard Pitino is some amazing hire?

You do know that New Mexico had a strong basketball program right? And it has gone downhill badly under Nunez.
You made that giant pile of **** up. New Mexico became a good program under Steve Alford and since he left in ‘13 and it hasn’t been the same since.

Advertisement
You made that giant pile of **** up. New Mexico became a good program under Steve Alford and since he left in ‘13 and it hasn’t been the same since.
I posted the football and basketball teams records under his watch and prior to his watch. Not sure how that is "make **** up", records don't lie.

Cope how you want that Miami isn't a serious program if they are interviewing this guy for AD.

I’m mean would you rather have Pat Chen of FAU? Guy hired taggert and let the baseball team go to **** and he’s was mentioned by numerous sites.

My point is we should be swinging for the fences with all the new found interest in Miami football from guys with money. But oh my bad i forgot this is the city of MIAMI where the ppl in power just want to hire their boys and family so they have another thing they can be in charge of.

If you’re truly serious and not in it for some ulterior motive you don’t look at Texas Tech and New Mexico because they have guys who you can puppet. Make the guy at Baylor an offer he can’t refuse.

Advertisement
The football program is 13-42 under his watch. Guess you can never be down on anyone with those standards.
This guy is hilarious. New Mexico Football is the 2nd worst job in the country behind New Mexico State. Who’s he supposed to hire there that’s gonna win? They even had Rocky Long there for a decade and he only had 3 winning seasons.

This guy is hilarious. New Mexico Football is the 2nd worst job in the country behind New Mexico State. Who’s he supposed to hire there that’s gonna win? They even had Rocky Long there for a decade and he only had 3 winning seasons.
So why even hire him in the first place? He has no proven track record, yet hasn’t made the situation a whole lot worse…sounds a lot like how our current BOT thinks.

No one in their right mind would hire this guy, only Miami because he’s a puppet.

My point is we should be swinging for the fences with all the new found interest in Miami football from guys with money. But oh my bad i forgot this is the city of MIAMI where the ppl in power just want to hire their boys and family so they have another thing they can be in charge of.

If you’re truly serious and not in it for some ulterior motive you don’t look at Texas Tech and New Mexico because they have guys who you can puppet. Make the guy at Baylor an offer he can’t refuse.
Or we did and they turned us down.
So why even hire him in the first place? He has no proven track record, yet hasn’t made the situation a whole lot worse…sounds a lot like how our current BOT thinks.

No one in their right mind would hire this guy, only Miami because he’s a puppet.
Thats a different argument to which I say idk but this UM ties BS is probably to blame.

Advertisement
Back