Zo/Nuñez Potential AD's?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Nunez actually has experience and has some SEC ties. Him with Zo prob wouldn’t be a bad move. Its not Jurich or Rhoades
what I'm most confused about is why hire the search firm if the guy you're going to hire is already in-house basically.

one positive I am taking from this is if Zo is the AD I think the chances of us landing Mario increase slightly.

Last edited:

From Miami ✅
Cubano ✅

He played college Basketball at Florida under Billy Donovan for 2 years.

Was at LSU for 14 years as an assistant in the Athletic department, then became a full time AD for NM since 2017.

In Basketball, he just hired yall boy Rick Pitino’s son Richard after firing Paul Weir for 4 years of bad basketball.

In Football, he did hire Danny Gonzales from SD St as HC, but New Mexico is a really dead program when it comes to Football, Bob Davie & Rocky Long are the only coaches who have any success there in the last 20+ years.

But the main thing wrong with him, is that he didn’t go to Columbus, he went to Miami Sunset...

That’s gonna be a tough one to overcome.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Happy James Corden GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Advertisement
Interesting podcast. By all accounts, that Miami Flo cat is solid with the info he puts out. I think all the panic is unwarranted. The business people running things now appear to be much more buttoned up than the circus the admin has been in the past. As much as people want to act like these are clueless rich guys, this new breed are not trust fund kids. These are financially savvy business people. I am going to wait to see how things play out.

Here’s my take. If Miami hired a guy like Nunez 8 years ago instead of Blake James, it’s a decent to solid hire.

Today it feels underwhelming with all of the “we promise we care about football ; we promise to spend money” coming from the top

I’m almost ready to take a hiatus for a week from Miami football

Advertisement
Interesting podcast. By all accounts, that Miami Flo cat is solid with the info he puts out. I think all the panic is unwarranted. The business people running things now appear to be much more buttoned up than the circus the admin has been in the past. As much as people want to act like these are clueless rich guys, this new breed are not trust fund kids. These are financially savvy business people. I am going to wait to see how things play out.
Savvy, egotistical, power hungry, stubborn business ppl

Advertisement
Back