Zo/Nuñez Potential AD's?

Mannnn stop, ain't no billionaire afraid of Jurich LOL.

I swear "alpha" is the most overused & overrated word ever.

USC's AD isn't someone I would consider an "alpha", and He just made the homerun hire of homerun hires, after retaining Helton longer than He should have.

On the contrary, being "alpha" is what got USC in the mess they were in, they hired 2 ex football players that had no AD experience as ADs.
3. Garrett, Haden and Swann.

Advertisement
A friend of mine in the USA actually had an offer to get a scholarship from New Mexico.

He rejected. Said "I dont want to play for that **** team and ruin my body".

Again, why are we assuming that he's the AD hire or involved in some sort of package deal with Zo? Because a guy with 1k twitter followers said that he interviewed well? You sheep swore Hernandez was getting hired last week too.

What this kind and thoughtful person says right here. We are now a bunch of 14 year old girls gossiping in the back of the room at the Prom dance.

15815448-two-girls-gossiping-about-man.jpg

Advertisement
New Mexico State

Total Defense 128 out of 130
Scoring offense 130 out of 130 12.2PPG
Total Offense 130 out of 130 234YPG
Bro, you’re trying to make an argument for hiring better at probably the 2nd worst job in FBS football. They even had Rocky Long running the program for a decade and even he only had 3 winning seasons.

Yep its gonna take a long time to fix that football program. Nobody they hired, including Nunez, was going to change that.

Mike Locksley failed terribly there too - to the extent of i think he had 1 or 2 wins total in 2.5 years.

I wouldn't judge Nunez off of that at all.. even those facts aside, if it's Nunez alone, that is an extremely disappointing and unexciting hire. If he's got Alonzo with him over football or whatever it may be with them together - its respectable.
Not advocating for Nunez or think he's the hire but Mike Bohn, who just hired Lincoln Riley at SC, hired Dan Hawkins and Jon Embree at Colorado, who went a combined 20-54 during his tenure there. They won 13 conference games in 7 years. His final hire before departing, Mike Macintyre, went 30-44.

At Cincinatti, he fired Tommy Tuberville and hired Luke Fickell and then parlayed that into the SC job. The point is, Bohn is being universally celebrated as a stone-cold killer today, when in reality, he made one good hire in 15 years before coming to SC. Your environment has a lot to do with your ability to perform and I doubt any AD in America would have New Mexico as a top athletic program given their inherent limitations.

Advertisement
Bro, you’re trying to make an argument for hiring better at probably the 2nd worst job in FBS football. They even had Rocky Long running the program for a decade and even he only had 3 winning seasons.

Bob Davie w/ AD Paul Krebs

27-36 .428

Bob Davie w/ AD Eddie Nunez

8-28 .222

Bob Davie w/ AD Paul Krebs

27-36 .428

Bob Davie w/ AD Eddie Nunez

8-28 .222
Please tell me you’re not trying to build a case for one of the worst coaches in FBS history. Please tell me you’re not doing that right now because of 1 winning season at Mew Mexico.

Regardless to hire someone like that as AD of the university of Miami would be ridiculous...

Yep its gonna take a long time to fix that football program. Nobody they hired, including Nunez, was going to change that.

Mike Locksley failed terribly there too - to the extent of i think he had 1 or 2 wins total in 2.5 years.

I wouldn't judge Nunez off of that at all.. even those facts aside, if it's Nunez alone, that is an extremely disappointing and unexciting hire. If he's got Alonzo with him over football or whatever it may be with them together - its respectable.
It would have been the perfect fit ... to replace Hocutt. The present situation calls for someone with experience leading a P5 ship.

Advertisement
It would have been the perfect fit ... to replace Hocutt. The present situation calls for someone with experience leading a P5 ship.
You’re not getting that here papa. We’re not a premier athletic department and a lot of you don’t understand that. Only reason a guy like Jurich considers this job is because he doesn’t have one.

Please tell me you’re not trying to build a case for one of the worst coaches in FBS history. Please tell me you’re not doing that right now because of 1 winning season at Mew Mexico.
He had 2 winning years in 5 season under the old AD and a respectable football team.

Since they hired Nunez, New Mexico is a laughing stock.

Scoreboard doesn't lie

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back