Zo/Nuñez Potential AD's?

I would love Coyle. What he has done for Minnesota's football team is impressive. Beat Wisconsin this past weekend... something we can never seem to do.
I love the fact he has worked as an AD in almost every conference (Kentucky, BYU, and now Minnesota). I've not heard anything, other than a couple trustees (not the Mas group), wanted him contacted to assess interest. Again, have heard zero beyond that.

Advertisement
I don't disagree with anything you've said. Simply suggesting that it can work out. Jurich is the name we all know; it appears that it's Jurich or bust for nearly everyone here. I think we need to be prepared for a name other than Jurich because there are a lot of flags out there that it won't be him.
Agreed and believe me in that I'd LOVE to have a football coach that is essentially successful enough to be that proposed Zo type role and be the football "czar". That was the model that everyone was hoping for with Richt. Allows the AD to act in essentially a support role for that marquee coach. That's just an exceedingly rare type of situation and one that you don't plan for in advance by hiring a weak AD before your football coach actually has any success at your program.

Advertisement
If he was coming straight from LSU, ya'll would be throwing a parade
Disagree 100%. I would be even more irate. I don't know how many times people can say this, but whoever gets hired absolutely needs to have experience actually running an athletic department. We cannot afford any more OTJ training. If this guy left New Mexico and went to the next level up (say a smaller P5 school or more prominent G5 school), and then was applying here with more of a track record, then I would feel more comfortable.

Advertisement
Has anyone posted the Jurich (AD) and Zo+Nunez (Assoc. ADs) wet dream? Because I would be all about that.
My wet dreams are a bit better than that tbh

season 1 running GIF by Dream Corp LLC

Everyone is losing their mind.

If Jurich doesn't end up here, it's not the end of the world. I am on record-in this thread-of wanting a grey hair. I'm a Jurich guy too. However, just like a good QB makes a HC look good, even if we hire a young or inexperienced AD, if it's the right HC hire, the HC will make the AD look good. That's why I'm in the Mario camp, because I think he has the interest to establish roots and a foundation here for sustained growth. (I'm not as optimistic about Kiffin's ability to do the same.) Ideally, the roots and foundation start with the BOT and the administration (including the athletic department) and it establishes continued success, regardless who is at the helm. But, if we have a strong HC and a BOT with a vision and it gets implemented, presumably things can turn out alright that way too.
You’re right in that Jurich isn’t end-all-be-all. There are plenty of qualified ADs out there.

The issue is the other names that have surfaced are the exact opposite of qualified. Let’s hope one of those names doesn’t come to fruition.

Advertisement
If he was coming straight from LSU, ya'll would be throwing a parade

He wasn't the AD at LSU... he was ASSOCIATE AD.

If we hired their AD away, that would be one thing. Hiring a junior staffer? Who gives a ****.

The only reason Nunez is being tossed out there is because he's a Cuban with Miami ties and he has some buddies on the BOT. Not because of his qualifications.

Advertisement
Does anyone else feel like this is the longest 2 weeks in the history of time?

Yes. Blake James was fired…2 weeks ago.

Epstein and his buddies are pushing "compromise" names because they don't want a known alpha like Jurich.

Mannnn stop, ain't no billionaire afraid of Jurich LOL.

I swear "alpha" is the most overused & overrated word ever.

USC's AD isn't someone I would consider an "alpha", and He just made the homerun hire of homerun hires, after retaining Helton longer than He should have.

On the contrary, being "alpha" is what got USC in the mess they were in, they hired 2 ex football players that had no AD experience as ADs.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back