Zo/Nuñez Potential AD's?

Advertisement
White family are in the turds athletic admin…would want him sharing secrets over holiday meals w family

Him or Brian white would be good hires but they have Zero Miami ties so they are off the table.
That’s why I like him. I think I posted early on that I had heard from a good source that at least some UM trustees had interest in Mark Coyle (AD at Minnesota), but have zero clue if it was reciprocal. Coyle was on Sam Jankovich’s staff as an intern years ago at UM.

what I'm most confused about is why hire the search firm if the guy you're going to hire is already in-house basically.

one positive I am taking from this is if Zo is the AD I think the chances of us landing Mario increase slightly.
The search firm gives bot cover when Zo is one of the final 5 candidates recommended to be interviewed by the school.

Advertisement
Zo comes in and the first thing he’ll do is install a professional college football front office. That means patke doesn’t make personnel decisions, opponents are scouted, elite players are recruited like elite players, etc.

And he fires manny.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wasn’t the whole purpose this time around to hire people with proven track records… no “up and coming” guys this time. Remember this hire is life or death of this program. I understand after the hire of the search fire they wouldn’t recommend guys like jurich but clemson AD or Baylor would do.
If he was coming straight from LSU, ya'll would be throwing a parade

He’s been there 5 years and they have shown 0 improvement.
Yeah but he’s from Dade Bro. Even went to Miami Dade Community college. It doesn’t get more qualified for this AD job than that.

He’s done nothing of value and that’s just how the BoT wants it. First thing he’s gonna do is retain Manny in an effort to “evaluate” him next season.

Advertisement
Got to remember if he’s coming in as Zo assistant at the request if Zo. They ain’t going to be puppets. Zo wants full decision power

Everyone is losing their mind.

If Jurich doesn't end up here, it's not the end of the world. I am on record-in this thread-of wanting a grey hair. I'm a Jurich guy too. However, just like a good QB makes a HC look good, even if we hire a young or inexperienced AD, if it's the right HC hire, the HC will make the AD look good. That's why I'm in the Mario camp, because I think he has the interest to establish roots and a foundation here for sustained growth. (I'm not as optimistic about Kiffin's ability to do the same.) Ideally, the roots and foundation start with the BOT and the administration (including the athletic department) and it establishes continued success, regardless who is at the helm. But, if we have a strong HC and a BOT with a vision and it gets implemented, presumably things can turn out alright that way too.

Zo comes in and the first thing he’ll do is install a professional college football front office. That means patke doesn’t make personnel decisions, opponents are scouted, elite players are recruited like elite players, etc.

And he fires manny.
Well, Patke won't even be retained sooooo that's a plus :)

Advertisement
Back