Zo/Nuñez Potential AD's?

Advertisement
Advertisement

From Miami ✅
Cubano ✅

He played college Basketball at Florida under Billy Donovan for 2 years.

Was at LSU for 14 years as an assistant in the Athletic department, then became a full time AD for NM since 2017.

In Basketball, he use hired yall boy Rick Pitino’s son Richard after firing Paul Weir for 4 years of bad basketball.

In Football, he did hire Danny Gonzales from SD St as HC, but New Mexico is a really dead program when it comes to Football, Bob Davie & Rocky Long are the only coaches who have any success there in the last 20+ years.

But the main thing wrong with him, is that he didn’t go to Columbus, he went to Miami Sunset...

That’s gonna be a tough one to overcome.

he’s got more connections to Columbus than most Columbus guys

Advertisement
I have enough self awareness to know I’d be awful at it.
Just being awful at it would actually be an improvement for us. You have my full endorsement. Just stick to our agreement to fire Katie Meier immediately. You've been here 25 years. Get past the second round of the Tournament at least once!

My honest opinion, I don’t know.

New Mexico as an athletic program simply doesn’t have any money or access to recruits, at least not in Football or Basketball, Baseball maybe, but for the most part it’s a destitute program.

From what I gather I didn’t see much that would make him a home run, but it’s difficult to gauge & judge when you’re at a program like New Mexico. From a Football standpoint, they have to essentially rely on low level AZ, TX & Cali recruits just to field a team, but most of their players are JUCO & transfers from FCS.

Most of their classes rank in the mid 100’s, not even exaggerating.

I have no idea if he’s a good AD, maybe he is, maybe he isn’t who knows...

My guess, is that he’s a Miami Cubano with some ties to someone on the BOT & he’s a safe unknown choice that most fans will not really care who he is & therefore is perfect for them because he’ll be someone that doesn’t enflame the fan base.

He’s primarily a Basketball guy from his background as a BBall player & his connections with Billy Donovan, so that will most likely be his focus here while Zo is the head Director of Football.

He just recently hired Richard Pitino at New Mexico so that should get some of the fans who want Rick here excited for a little bit lol, but otherwise my read is that he’s a safe South FL guy that the BOT will like because he’s one of them.
In short, another puppet.

Advertisement

New Mexico as an athletic program simply doesn’t have any money or access to recruits, at least not in Football or Basketball, Baseball maybe, but for the most part it’s a destitute program.

From what I gather I didn’t see much that would make him a home run, but it’s difficult to gauge & judge when you’re at a program like New Mexico. From a Football standpoint, they have to essentially rely on low level AZ, TX & Cali recruits just to field a team, but most of their players are JUCO & transfers from FCS.

Most of their classes rank in the mid 100’s, not even exaggerating, but that has nothing to do with the AD.

My guess, is that he’s a Miami Cubano with some ties to someone on the BOT & he’s a safe unknown choice that most fans will not really care who he is & therefore is perfect for them because he’ll be someone that doesn’t enflame the fan base.

He’s primarily a Basketball guy from his background as a BBall player & his connections with Billy Donovan, so that will most likely be his focus here while Zo is the head Director of Football.

He just recently hired Richard Pitino at New Mexico so that should get some of the fans who want Rick here excited for a little bit lol, but otherwise my read is that he’s a safe South FL guy that the BOT will like because he’s one of them.

Smfh...

Don’t want to hear another mothafvcking word about changing the narrative and being serious about **** if we hire this dude because you are exactly right. He is being considered because of the Miami connection and knowing one of the old guard BOT slapdicks, 1000%.

Smfh...

Don’t want to hear another mothafvcking word about changing the narrative and being serious about **** if we hire this dude because you are exactly right. He is being considered because of the Miami connection and knowing one of the old guard BOT slapdicks, 1000%.
Thats why anyone is ever considered here fam lol. Golden was an outlier

Advertisement

Most of their classes rank in the mid 100’s, not even exaggerating, but that has nothing to do with the AD.

Yeah little Pitino got fired bc he sucked...another puppet is right.

Getting the flyer ideas going just in case

It will be interesting to see what the Board does.

I want a grey hair. I want someone with experience building and running an organization. And I want someone who knows how to play politics and work back-channels to get stuff accomplished.

On the downside for the Board, someone like that strips them of power because they can’t control those folks like they could a younger AD.

Imagine thinking we're getting Jurich and Rick Pitino (although the Pitino angle of that idea was always beyond a stretch) and ending up with Nunez and Richard Pitino.

Advertisement
Back