Zo deal off (for now). I'll take the L

Advertisement
My not so popular opinion is that this is a stupid idea. No one is going to want someone to come in like Zo. The truth is if we need this much help just to be competitive and functional than we need a new athletic director and department leadership. The BOT is content with status quo and doesn’t believe whole sale changes are necessary. I’m ready for 7-5 every year.

Wow

It’s so evident that Blake and Manny have no idea what they’re doing

If the donors are furious we need to get some momentum and get them both out the door. James has hired 2 coaches now and we have seen how that has played out, and Manny seems to insecure to relent to having oversight despite showing he's in way over his head.

Right now he's still employed by Cleveland.

Advertisement
IF it happens, great. Not losing sleep over someone that isn't allowed to play, isn't allowed to coach, isn't allowed to recruit, and has zero hiring/firing power.

Advertisement
They're choosing to spend the bag on D'eriq King instead.

Seriously, I wouldn't bring him in either. Manny is betting on himself and I respect that. Pride and ego. Same reason people keep being wrong on this. Their pride and ego makes them want to be the first to report it.

Manny IS the outside name.

And he doesn’t deserve a say.

that doesnt matter. hes the coach and no coach would take that deal. thats why it never happens in college. college HCs are the GMs and its their show. whether it works out or not, well find out next year. either way, i dont think its dead yet lol knowing this story. im sure theyll be back in talks tomorrow and then something will happen again. i dont believe zo really wants to be in college. it goes back to what omar kelly was told by zo, he wants an NFL GM job

Advertisement
Not so sure why some people are so invested in DMoney taking the "L" when this entire Zo situation has been a debacle on every front. It's very believable that there finally was some sort of framework in place for Zo and that these clowns reneged on it or bungled it. That really doesn't taint the credibility or integrity of a self professed "non-journalist" in DMoney.

Last edited:
Two direct sources said Blake and Zo agreed last Saturday. That was impression from Zo team until yesterday. Appears Manny and Blake kept talking and got cold feet. Prominent donors furious. This deal has been "dead" before, so we'll see. But I'll give back the Pulitzer and take the loss.
source.gif

Advertisement
My not so popular opinion is that this is a stupid idea. No one is going to want someone to come in like Zo. The truth is if we need this much help just to be competitive and functional than we need a new athletic director and department leadership. The BOT is content with status quo and doesn’t believe whole sale changes are necessary. I’m ready for 7-5 every year.

I agree.

Advertisement
Back