Zo deal off (for now). I'll take the L

When your coach and AD are more concerned with self preservation than the prosperity of the program, they'll sacrifice anything just to keep their jobs. That obviously includes the program for which they're responsible for overseeing.

And when your power structure is so f***** that there's a perpetual on again, off again tug of war involving a made up position for Alonzo Highsmith rather than just terminating both Blake James and Manny Diaz, it just further exposes the incompetence of the administration.

What should be done eventually, must be done immediately.

Advertisement
Yep, bad deal. The only reason I put it out like that is because the sources were directly involved and emphatic.

Should have stayed away from this mess.

At least we as fans know where theproblem spots are for this program (Manny and Blake) for certain.

Same sources who provided the scoop on the 1/3 and 1/10 meetings before they were reported in the local papers.

It's a bad look for the site and I'm ****ed. I'm not trying to be a reporter and I don't post clickbait. Should have stayed away from this dumpster fire. That's on me.
I still love you.

:)

Same sources who provided the scoop on the 1/3 and 1/10 meetings before they were reported in the local papers.

It's a bad look for the site and I'm ****ed. I'm not trying to be a reporter and I don't post clickbait. Should have stayed away from this dumpster fire. That's on me.
When you've got high level sources like you had in this instance, I can understand you getting caught up in the moment. The willingness to share that info with us speaks volumes to your dedication and concern for this site and us fellow Canes. I can sincerely say you're trusted more than the hacks that spew falsehoods for nothing but clicks. Following up with this current update also speaks to your integrity and willingness to set the record straight no matter the feedback.

I don't believe it's a poor reflection on CIS as much as it is a **** poor reflection on Flake, Manny, and the rest of the U Admin.

Let them keep making their bed, will be easier to dump their *** in 11 months. All good.

while true, the new HC wont be coming in under that type of structure either with ZO managing each and every decision (even mario). coaches want stability (long term contracts) and power esp in college.

Advertisement
When your coach and AD are more concerned with self preservation than the prosperity of the program, they'll sacrifice anything just to keep their jobs. That obviously includes the program for which they're responsible for overseeing.

And when your power structure is so f***** that there's a perpetual on again, off again tug of war involving a made up position for Alonzo Highsmith rather than just terminating both Blake James and Manny Diaz, it just further exposes the incompetence of the administration.

What should be done eventually, must be done immediately.
Hiring Zo gives them some cover. He aint firing either one of them either. Not hiring Zo means they're the ones solely responsible. That aint self preservation. They're on a island.

Just like a commit that’s a lock it’s a joke. If a kid is a lock he would be committed and that’s the truth. When they said this deal is done and no announcement was a sign it was not done. I’m so sick of the oh it’s done but it’s being kept quiet talk. No it’s not ever a done deal or a lock until they sign.

Advertisement
Hiring Zo gives them some cover. He aint firing either one of them either. Not hiring Zo means they're the ones solely responsible. That aint self preservation. They're on a island.

I agree with this 100%. Manny and Blake have to win the Coastal this year or they are out.

I truly could care less about him coming here but they either need ( needed) to **** or get off the pot with this . Hope they have and it is now done . I cannot blame Diaz for not wanting this and if Flake J. is fine with that then he needs to know how Diaz goes so does his job. I honestly think Diaz will make us a winner ( a top 20 team ) so IMO it works out for Flake but nonetheless.

Zo probably didnt want a position in name only, he wasn't going to shoulder blame without having a say on how things are run when they go further south. Smart move by him.

At the end of the day I want Manny to succeed because it means we finally got the program back on track, but this is a bad look. Diaz preaches competition yet he seems shook at another set of eyes coming in assessing how he's doing.

Advertisement
I was really hoping we might turn this thing around. I know the answer is blowing it up and starting over with everything that touches football but I was hoping maybe we could fix it piece by piece.

This Zo thing had me excited because there would now be someone involved who knows how an organization should be run and who knows what top level college football programs look like inside and out.

Now I realize we are screwed. Just blow it up and start over.

I don't think this thing legitimately ever had real legs.

Sounds like something some BoT members really wanted to happen and pounded the table for weeks but was truly never close to being actualized.

JMO.

Advertisement
I truly could care less about him coming here but they either need ( needed) to **** or get off the pot with this . Hope they have and it is now done . I cannot blame Diaz for not wanting this and if Flake J. is fine with that then he needs to know how Diaz goes so does his job. I honestly think Diaz will make us a winner ( a top 20 team ) so IMO it works out for Flake but nonetheless.
giphy.gif

Advertisement
Back