2024 Zaquan Patterson - Safety, Chaminade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I keep it simple..
It's an L if he commits to the Semenholes.
It's an L if he signs with the Semenholes.
It's NOT an L if he signs with us.
I don’t know a lot about the details or ins/outs of our recruiting

But I know a lot more than most people here that much I can tell

I’m at the point where the summer sucked, it’s a bloodbath till December and I’m not going to get up in the feels about recruiting too much until then. People keep referencing the past but this is still somewhat new territory for everyone

I think this is likely how most people feel. I mean show me a crystal ball that says FSU gives him a big bag and then we flip him later…we would all love for that to happen

But like you said hey, that’s a lot of faith to put into a process 😂
It goes both ways. If FSU illegally pays a commit major bags to commit publicly and he signs else where, then that’s a gamble, too. A bad one. That’s $ gone to waste.

It happens all the time but it’s a strategy that isn’t efficient long term.

Who cares about previous staffs?

Or are you coming up with the groundbreaking take that not all programs land every single kid they are confident with?

Or were you saying the same **** when everyone was clowning the staff saying they felt confident with Lightfoot when everyone said he was gone?

I am not sure where you arrived from, but clearly you've had a long day.

Advertisement
This. It’s become unbearable with the fkn spin.

Now it’s oh the early commits now mean nothing and this just makes flip SZN even better knowing that this team is probably a ceiling 8 win team which does NOT move the needle whatsoever in terms of showing we are on the right track. FSU’s 10 win season did that. Also, the notion that schools are paying insane money for commits who are in the same state as us with the same NIL rules. If it’s underground bags of money then why aren’t we doing that if our NIL is so right.

Just spin and spin and spin.

Advertisement
It goes both ways. If FSU illegally pays a commit major bags to commit publicly and he signs else where, then that’s a gamble, too. A bad one. That’s $ gone to waste.

I honestly don't know where I fall on this one. Having ZP verbally commit to FSU would kill whatever momentum we had, especially if Stone verbals to OU. But I in theory agree wholeheartedly that paying for verbals is dumb money.

You would think that an NIL contract could manage that, though. Have a clause like "money is put in escrow until ZP makes an NIL appearance on Sept 1st 2024 while wearing his official Miami Hurricanes jersey". I don't know the NIL regulations to know how to set the right terms and conditions. But all contracts have Ts&Cs, and I have to believe ours can offset anything FSU is doing.

Recruiting has always been pretty slimy and bizarre but last year and this year has been…I dunno there’s really a word for it

Killin Them Softly is my favorite standup of all time and he makes a comment about looking at DC from Virginia with binoculars and saying “not yet”

That’s how I feel with recruiting 😂 like I’m just gonna sit back and watch a while and see if it’s safe

... If it’s underground bags of money then why aren’t we doing that if our NIL is so right.

Just spin and spin and spin.
This is what you simply are not understanding. NIL doesn’t work this way. If we do that it’s not NIL it’s up front illegal payments and the NIL isn’t doing that. And I doubt the other schools’ NIL is doing that. It’s coming from a different channel even if there are common funding sources.

fsu is paying kids to committ and even visit.
Star Trek GIF

Advertisement
Recruiting has always been pretty slimy and bizarre but last year and this year has been…I dunno there’s really a word for it

Killin Them Softly is my favorite standup of all time and he makes a comment about looking at DC from Virginia with binoculars and saying “not yet”

That’s how I feel with recruiting 😂 like I’m just gonna sit back and watch a while and see if it’s safe
This is why I am a fan of yours. A Chappelle analogy sprinkled with common sense.

Advertisement

Maybe so but it won’t stop bagmen from throwing money at kids.

I will say this…Patterson has been one of my favorite recruits in this class for a year. And even more so with Gogeta and Memnon signing off and telling us a little about his style in little league ball, his fam being fans, etc...

BUT BUT BUT it will be a little bit easier losing him now due to the emergence of this Dalias kid. Similar games and he's a beast as well. Hopefully there's no falloff for him at AH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back