2024 Zaquan Patterson - Safety, Chaminade

Status
Not open for further replies.
We really got people saying its no biggie if ZP commits to anyone else, let alone FSU?

I don’t have any energy left to defend/respond to nonsense anymore, this cycle has sucked. All I know is Mario better beat A&M….

Go canes.
******* morons bro. They think nothing has changed with NIL from last year to this year also lol. We better up the bags or we are gonna suck forever. Only reason those losers up north are pulling these classes.

Advertisement
Or course it’s an L for Miami. What in the world???

FSU is simply playing the same game every other program that cares about winning in college football is doing. So is Ole Miss, so is Auburn, so is UF…I could rattle off 30 schools that are probably engaging in similar behavior. I’m not even diving into the optics of continuing to get battered and bruised this entire cycle, culminating in losing a local kid to an in-state rival with a top rated class.

If we won’t adapt and engage in the same game everyone else plays, well then…temper expectations.
What is the likelihood of all those schools being wrong, but Miami's let the commit, rely on a winning season and flip them at the buzzer is right?

Everyone is shook and spinning....

If you sat down at a bar watching an Ole Miss / Auburn (two similarly situated teams, both non-Miami) game and compared the two strategies discussed, how many would pick the commit and flip option vs. the get them in the boat option?

They’re desperate with the window closing. They had a 10 win season and one last shot for Travis. After that they might go back to 5 games breaking in a new QB.
All true.
However, we are equally or more desperate than FSU, we haven’t been relevant in almost 2 decades, with only the outlier of a 10 win season 6 or seven years ago.
We should be acting with the same or more urgency than FSU.

I have to laugh at the FSU is desperate narrative when they’re currently sitting top 10 pre season across the board with a heisman favorite at the most important position in sports…. This fanbase will come up with just about anything to spin ****

Advertisement
There will be some deep pocketed programs looking to poach some of that 2023 class.
That 2023 class is already being paid internally. A claim could be made our NIL might be lesser this year due to the funds being given to that class. My only concern would be another poor on field showing.

I have to laugh at the FSU is desperate narrative when they’re currently sitting top 10 pre season across the board with a heisman favorite at the most important position in sports…. This fanbase will come up with just about anything to spin ****
They are desperate. They’re satisfied now but they’re also worried about the post Travis era. They can easily go back to sucking again if their other QBs don’t pan out. They also realize that they can’t just count on the portal every year.

I know you understand what’s being said. It’s that much harder for Miami , and that much easier for FSU to keep him, if he takes the cash to verbal to them now.
I understand that theory but it also depends on the kid and situation. I know kids have publicly committed to other schools and have taken the money but signed elsewhere. ****, there are kids taking money from outside programs (to transfer) just to end up staying in their original school. Miami isn’t doing any of that. Our $ will be handled responsibly.

Let’s see what happens.

Soooooooo...

The theory is a school willing enough to engage in such behavior would not flat out play games with the recruit, including threatening or calling into question the players' eligibility in some way, which the kid may not want to risk....

AND

rely on a game day coaching at Miami to produce a record that stands out so much a kid just now loves Miami...

Advertisement
Advertisement
I understand that theory but it also depends on the kid and situation. I know kids have publicly committed to other schools and have taken the money but signed elsewhere. ****, there are kids taking money from outside programs (to transfer) just to end up staying in their original school. Miami isn’t doing any of that. Our $ will be handled responsibly.

Let’s see what happens.
It seems like we ARE going to watch it happen. Maybe Mario is a much bigger gambler than I am. It seemed like this kid had a parent who was all on board with Mario and Miami. That is starting to feel less true; other than the $$, not sure what would have happened.

I'll certainly keep my fingers crossed this week.

This would sting…Let's hope it's UM.

Side Note: Was Edwin Joseph this important?
should have taken him anyway regardless.

I was touting him frome arly not sure why they slowplayed or d*cked around...only to grab a guy int he portal who....portaled out already. Lost Cormani Mclain and d*cked around with Antoine Jackson who i thinK Edwin was bette rthan in the first place.

He was one of the better 2 way players down here.

Advertisement
This is the kid we’re paying our coach $80 million to land.

The local consensus 5 Star from a perennial power high school just can’t end up anywhere else.
IDK man I get you point for sure but I feel like this is the kid Richt, Manny, Golden were paid to land

Mario this should be a slam dunk but **** is weird this last 18 months

If he’s not in this class I’ll gladly take the L.
Sassy Oh No GIF by Nickelodeon

Let’s see what happens.
Especially when this kid has literally been *****ing about being forced to commit early when he doesn't want to and that hes going to do visits in season regardless...
This is what I said in the other thread, if you know the kid isn't going to be fully locked in once he commits, being the highest bidder in August just isn't smart.

Chaminade became a pipeline school under Richt and probably one of our top feeder schools under Manny.

Then the Edwin Joseph situation or whatever that was happened. Then rumors the chaminade coaches had a strain relationship with Mario and staff. Obviously jo jo committed but I’m curious what the relationship between Miami and the chaminade coaches is. Not a school I would want to lose as a feeder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back