2024 Zaquan Patterson - Safety, Chaminade

Status
Not open for further replies.
It goes both ways. If FSU illegally pays a commit major bags to commit publicly and he signs else where, then that’s a gamble, too. A bad one. That’s $ gone to waste.

It happens all the time but it’s a strategy that isn’t efficient long term.
It’s efficient 80% of the time, across the board.

It’s time to stop lying about verbal commitments and supposedly what’s gonna happen come signing day. You’re playing 80% vs 20%. A truly idiotic strategy.

Advertisement
Yep. Desperately need a good on field season this year. Need to see what this staff can do recruiting wise when we actually have some semblance of results to sell cuz right now we're dead in the water.
But until then we need to pay more than others teams, which unfortunately I think we are unable to do. A good season, might help in 25, but I don’t think it will have much impact on 24 recruiting. I think it’s much less likely to flip a commit than get his commit and hold on to them, in todays age.

So if we aren't gonna overpay for the OOS kids. We **** sure better be overpaying to keep our kids home, especially when FSU is involved.

Advertisement
It’s been posted in multiple threads and came from I believe Josh Pate. Kids sign with their first commitments 8 out of 10 times.

But ignore it if it makes you feel better.

The post was a joke.

That said, it is 80% of summer recruits sign with the school they commit to in summer. That has nothing to do with legal or illegal payments although it is likely safe to assume the top 150 are getting paid a ton and the top 1000 are getting something unless they go to a school known to pay with the upside of getting paid big if they perform (NIL walkon).

The post was a joke.

That said, it is 80% of summer recruits sign with the school they commit to in summer. That has nothing to do with legal or illegal payments although it is likely safe to assume the top 150 are getting paid a ton and the top 1000 are getting something unless they go to a school known to pay with the upside of getting paid big if they perform (NIL walkon).
The thread is talking about Miami being ok letting the kid commit to FSU and take the money that comes along with it. A losing strategy.

Advertisement
But until then we need to pay more than others teams, which unfortunately I think we are unable to do. A good season, might help in 25, but I don’t think it will have much impact on 24 recruiting. I think it’s much less likely to flip a commit than get his commit and hold on to them, in todays age.
Our 2024 class isn't going to match 2023. Clear as day at this point. A good season keeps our current commits in tact and builds momentum for 2025 which appears heavier in talent within the state of Florida. If we really manage to surprise and win 9 or 10 we might flip a guy or two but that's best case scenario.

According to D$, Miamis NIL is right up there with the top group so if that's the case they need to throw it down for Stone and Patterson and get some momentum back. Sounds like they may have attempted to already do that with Stone. If they do it with ZP why would he pick fsu over Miami especially if mom wants him close
If he picks FSU, it’s because they paid more money.

Our 2024 class isn't going to match 2023. Clear as day at this point. A good season keeps our current commits in tact and builds momentum for 2025 which appears heavier in talent within the state of Florida. If we really manage to surprise and win 9 or 10 we might flip a guy or two but that's best case scenario.

There will be some deep pocketed programs looking to poach some of that 2023 class.

Don’t expect anyone so your not depressed by failure and only have the joy of success if he does sign here….easier on the heart.

Advertisement
View attachment 251948

So according to this he's down to Auburn and Michigan...lol. everywhere else you look there's major smoke for FSU...no mentions of Miami anymore but no crystal balls yet or solid predictions I've seen yet... Maybe this will have the opposite effect and miami will actually land him. Lately whenever miami feels confident or the insiders are confident, miami loses out..
Pardon my ignorance, but who is associated with “Recruits CFB”.
Are they a reliable source? Never heard of them, but I’m not on twitter.

Pardon my ignorance, but who is associated with “Recruits CFB”.
Are they a reliable source? Never heard of them, but I’m not on twitter.
No clue and I doubt they are even the tiniest bit reliable. I was just posting more as a joke. Lately everyone has been saying FSU has all the momentum w ZP and then here comes this twitter post how michigan and auburn are the leaders. No mention of FSU and no mention of Miami who at one point seemed like a near lock for the kid.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We really got people saying its no biggie if ZP commits to anyone else, let alone FSU?

I don’t have any energy left to defend/respond to nonsense anymore, this cycle has sucked. All I know is Mario better beat A&M….

Go canes.

It goes both ways. If FSU illegally pays a commit major bags to commit publicly and he signs else where, then that’s a gamble, too. A bad one. That’s $ gone to waste.

Dude, give it a rest. I respect what you bring to the board but there is no positive to him committing to FSU son Saturday given where we are with recruiting right now. Mario and company have been woefully misreading the situation this year, so forgive people for having low confidence of a flip later for another guy we have been heavily favored for over recent months.

They’re desperate with the window closing. They had a 10 win season and one last shot for Travis. After that they might go back to 5 games breaking in a new QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back