2024 Zaquan Patterson - Safety, Chaminade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kids stay home / close to home , want developed to play on Sundays , play in the best conference and play in huge national games. It’s not all money. As I’ve said to nauseam we’ve won battles while not having the best offer and lost battles where we were the best offer. National recruiting for all the elite guys is hard when you haven't been a national program for fifteen years. While following an epic bad season in your coaches first year. Last year things worked out nicely because we hit on the local guys and the Img recruits. This year isn’t as deep so we went **** near full on national and we’re biting the curb so far.

People are just all in their feels right now and can’t see the forrest for the tress. They want it now and I get it ,especially when people around the program over sold this class and the expectations. I knew focusing so hard on national elite guys would be hard but I had no clue it would be like this. That said I still expect things to not look so dark by NSD.
I’ve said several times recently that in recent years past, we weren’t even in it for many of these whales. We were lucky to get guppies. There’s obviously a bevy of reasons a kid picks a certain school and NIL coupled with bags has changed the landscape.

Advertisement
Remember that time we took some really low rated kids because they were the plug to the higher rated kids and we were going to get all of em cuz they played optimist ball together when they were 12? Oops

Kids stay home / close to home , want developed to play on Sundays , play in the best conference and play in huge national games. It’s not all money. As I’ve said to nauseam we’ve won battles while not having the best offer and lost battles where we were the best offer. National recruiting for all the elite guys is hard when you haven't been a national program for fifteen years. While following an epic bad season in your coaches first year. Last year things worked out nicely because we hit on the local guys and the Img recruits. This year isn’t as deep so we went **** near full on national and we’re biting the curb so far.

People are just all in their feels right now and can’t see the forrest for the tress. They want it now and I get it ,especially when people around the program over sold this class and the expectations. I knew focusing so hard on national elite guys would be hard but I had no clue it would be like this. That said I still expect things to not look so dark by NSD.
one other thing. on defense was have a coach who has not coach at the P5 level either. I could see recruits being weary right now.

Advertisement

First it was June then July then august then its wait for the season. The goal post keep getting wider. It’s a concern. I doubt we’re just going to be able to flip all these guys we miss on after the season.

Meanwhile we’re gonna have to fight to keep guys from flipping too like Kevin Riley and Pruit from bama. Jojo and artavius from fsu.

Somehow we gotta bank on a successful season even though that rarelyyyy happens in the last 20 years. To keep this class and stop taking L’s need to land some of these top target finish with a class somewhere in that top 10-15 range. Ideally better than 15.

That doesn’t sound too promising

one other thing. on defense was have a coach who has not coach at the P5 level either. I could see recruits being weary right now.

I don’t think recruits can give two craps about that bc they don’t know who these coordinators are anyhow. Now, is it part of
Negative recruiting? Maybe but if that weren’t a thing, I don’t think these kids would care much tbh. Ask them to name you the top coordinators in CFB and you’ll get blank stares

Advertisement
Advertisement
I understand what you are saying but ultimately the ONLY thing that truly matters is he ends you in the class or not.
Yeah you’re right, it’s ok if the girl you’ve wined and dined for quite some time just goes and f^cks a dude for a few months. Definitely the right message to send, she even told you she’d gonna go back after she’s had her fun. As long as she ends up with you when it’s all said and done!

That my friend, would be a cuck. I don’t want him committing there at all. Then you’re relying on hypotheticals - us winning games, them losing, $ being upped to keep him happy and committed (which FSU will absolutely do), etc.

Let’s just win the recruitment NOW like we were supposed to all along.

Advertisement

Spot on

I have been curious to see how guys like Scott, Stewart, Franklin etc shake out because we are trying to reverse a lot of long standing trends

It hasn’t gone well for sure but I think if ever there’s a person to keep faith with this stuff, it’s Mario. He’s just not the guy that we’ve had in the past here where there’s a tiny group of guys we focus on and when we whiff we are **** out of luck

Dude is by far the most relentless recruiter we’ve had here in my memory. He will figure it out. Doesn’t mean we end up with a top 5 class but I guessed #8 back in the spring. That seems optimistic at this point but I also don’t think I’ve seen enough to change my mind that much

Need the season to start and need to win badly. So much bull **** going around right now. Winning solves everything

If he picks FSU, it’s an L just from the optics. Doesn’t matter if he flips later or not.
If FSU pays him to commit publicly but doesn’t sign him that’s an actual L. That’s easy money and lots of it for anyone, let alone a kid in high school. Ridiculous amount. It would be stupid for him not to. Plus, it’s a major risk for FSU or anyone else who approaches recruiting with that strategy. The real win or loss is decided where he actually signs.

How is that a L for Miami? Because Miami isn’t willing to play that game? Miss me with that narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back