You are Kyle Murray.......

If he's thinking what if I don't make it the majors then he's already lost. He's likely thinking he'll be a star either way. But just like he could bust in baseball, he could bust in football and he has a better shot at making it in football as his second sport than if baseball is his second sport. NFL teams are always looking for QBs.

Advertisement
You think a dude who hasn't picked up a bat for 3 years is going to come back and hit a 90mph fastball?

Yeah, nah. If he goes the NFL route then his baseball career is over.
The dude is way better than tebow and tebow hadn't played since high school.

More chance to be injured in football. I’d still give the nfl a shot and can always go to baseball later

Advertisement
I would pick nfl. NFL QB’s are a protected species so the injury risk isn’t much higher than in baseball

Advertisement
The A in my name refers to the Oakland A's.

I'm well versed in them watching / trading all of their talent away. It's why I don't follow baseball anymore.

I live in Oakland. Once the stadium is built they are moving away from cheap moneyball. The assistant GM for the As has kids in the same class as my kids. But maybe you know more about their future plans than the assistant GM.

coc.gif

Advertisement
I live in Oakland. Once the stadium is built they are moving away from cheap moneyball. The assistant GM for the As has kids in the same class as my kids. But maybe you know more about their future plans than the assistant GM.
What does the A's Assistant GM having kids in your children's classes have to do with anything?

What do you think he's going to tell a ******* random? "Yeah we plan to get a new stadium on the tax payer's dollar then stiff them out of a good baseball team".

All things being equal, baseball is the no-brainer. The entire contract is guaranteed. He doesn't ever have to make a major league roster and he'll be at least $5 million richer. If he flops as a QB, he'll never see a majority of the money from his contract.
Even best case scenario for football would pale compared to best case for baseball. More money. Fully guaranteed. Less injury risk. Longer career.

Advertisement
He is a midget and he will get crushed in the NFL. I don’t see his game translating well to the pro game.

$10m is nothing to MLB. It's a lot to the A's.

MLB wants as many stars as possible playing its sport - they also desperately want to win this PR battle over Murray. They'd definitely float them $10m if that gets the deal done.

As for the rest - he'll struggle to see over the line in the NFL and he'll get smacked around - literally everyone that blitzes him will be bigger than he is, they're going to have a field day. But good luck to him.
mlb is not allowed to pay it. If they A's want him they will have to pay it. Thats how it works. Now they can take the money they get from revenue sharing and use it if they want but mlb will not be paying anything directly to any player like that

What does the A's Assistant GM having kids in your children's classes have to do with anything?

What do you think he's going to tell a ******* random? "Yeah we plan to get a new stadium on the tax payer's dollar then stiff them out of a good baseball team".

What do you think we talk about at birthday parties? How much our girls like American Girl Dolls? We talk about the As.

You clearly don’t have a clue what’s going on. The new As stadium is privately financed.

Advertisement
Back