You are Kyle Murray.......

Advertisement
Havent read all the posts so Im sure someone has made this point already, but I use the NFL as both leverage and insurance to maximize the guaranteed money from the A's.

Lifetime earnings - particularly in relation to physical damage - is much more attractive in MLB.

Him and Boras are playing the system. Declare the for draft, go the combine and collect the massive endorsement checks. He will end up playing baseball but not after having Oakland pay more than the $5mil bonus he got

Advertisement
If you chose baseball be sure you can make it. Insanely hard for even first rounders to stick around.

Would pick Baseball. Already has 5 mill and A's are going to increase the guarantee to probably 10 mill. He can try for 4 years and if not make it. Come back to NFL. Weeden did it and also the fake Heisman winner from the semenholes Weinke.

Baseball has guarenteed and longer contracts and better health

Advertisement
huh.gif

Some of you are also forgetting he’s a QB. The rules aren’t changing anytime soon. He’s not gonna take a beating like he would have 15 years ago

No kidding. And he's much less of a projection in football than baseball. The guy averaged 11.6 yards per attempt over an entire college football season. That is freakish level. Only Baker Mayfield and Tua have ever approached it in the modern era. And those three guys will be the first pick in three consecutive drafts.

The 5-9 stuff is long since out the window but the conventional wisdom types haven't been paying attention. Murray is lightning quick and knows how to avoid contact, unlike Robert Griffin. A dullard with no pocket instincts whatsoever like Ryan Tannehill is more prone to injury than the 5-9 wiggle worm.

That $4.6M is chump change compared to what He'd get if He's a top 10 pick in the NFL.

And He may very well go #1 overall...there's a rumor that the Cards want to trade Rosen, and back in Oct. Kingsbury said He would take em' #1 overall if He had the choice.

Advertisement
Advertisement
.......and you just won the Heisman. You now have the option to enter the NFL draft or accept the MLB offer with the "A's" and a 4.6m signing bonus, what do you do?

REASONS YOU DO WHAT YOU DO.

I would do exactly what he is doing, make both sides think the other side is winning the battle for me and make them outbid each other. He has met with the A's and then said he is going to the draft, awesome move. I get the A's to guarantee me more money to just play baseball eventually and use the leverage I have, he is John Elway in reverse, he will pick baseball and never look back but someone may waste a high pick trying to win him over, hope its not the fins.

Advertisement
Back