Yearby?

You need to get your eyes checked if you think Yeaby is anywhere near as good as Walton.

Walton is way more explosive, faster and runs hard as ****. There's a lot of plays Walton made last year that Yearby could never make.

Seems there was plenty of runs Yearby could make vs GT, UNC and VT that Walton couldn't. Yearby had less than half the carries vs UNC Walton had and had 8 yards less and 4 yds per carry more. Matter of fact, from Gt to VT before Yearby got gutted from the field he was out doing Walton in every game.

Walton 64 car 203 yds 3.1 avg

Yearby 38 car 237 yds 6.2 avg
Lol based on what? Because obviously stats are saying otherwise on this one. You can say you prefer Walton but thats opinion. Fact is yearby was far more productive when he seems to post his spot. And btw yearby looked better his sophmore year to me.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Advertisement
I guess it's just a conspiracy and the guy who's coached multiple stud RB's doesn't know what he's looking at.

We CIS guys are much more qualified to decide who should be atop the depth chart.

You need to get your eyes checked if you think Yeaby is anywhere near as good as Walton.

Walton is way more explosive, faster and runs hard as ****. There's a lot of plays Walton made last year that Yearby could never make.

Seems there was plenty of runs Yearby could make vs GT, UNC and VT that Walton couldn't. Yearby had less than half the carries vs UNC Walton had and had 8 yards less and 4 yds per carry more. Matter of fact, from Gt to VT before Yearby got gutted from the field he was out doing Walton in every game.

Lol based on what? Because obviously stats are saying otherwise on this one. You can say you prefer Walton but thats opinion. Fact is yearby was far more productive when he seems to post his spot. And btw yearby looked better his sophmore year to me.

Dude...

Yearby had a measly three 100 yard games his Sophomore year, one of which was against FAU.
Walton had SIX 100 yard games last year, three of which were against ACC opponents including NC State. (one of the best rush defenses in the NCAA)

Walton's sophomore season was far more impressive.

Walton - 1,117 yards with a 5.3 average and 14 TD's
Yearby - 1,002 yards with a 4.9 average and 6 TD's

Now if I show the results versus ACC opponents then it's going to make Walton look even better.

Last edited:
If people want to argue that Yearby should've had more carries, that's a reasonable argument you could make.

But if you're going to say that Yearby is a better back than Walton, or even as good, you're gonna lose a lot of people.

And not only that, Walton is a better football player than Yearby. And if you don't get that, then you don't get football.

I always thought Joe was way over rated. I appreciate what he did for us but he was just not that good at this level of college football. He was a serviceable back. He was good in some situations. Walton is a much better erry down back and football player. This should not even be up for debate.

Advertisement

Dude...

Yearby had a measly three 100 yard games his Sophomore year, one of which was against FAU.
Walton had SIX 100 yard games last year, three of which were against ACC opponents including NC State. (one of the best rush defenses in the NCAA)

Now if I show the results versus ACC opponents then it's going to make Walton look even better.
Walton is also one of the hardest working players on the team. [TWEET]848352612437065728[/TWEET]

Dude...

Walton is also one of the hardest working players on the team. [TWEET]848352612437065728[/TWEET]
You can agree to disagree but you also dont factor in yearby having Al and Coley as his coaches. Which hurt alot. And as for TDs well it goes to show Walton runs hard. But i still believe they arent too far off on skill set as a rb right now. Thats not to say Walton doesnt have the talent to ascend Yearby by a lot and hasnt already took the next step. I do agree Walton is a way better football player tho as is Travis Homer.

Yeah. Not quite.

Dude...

You can agree to disagree but you also dont factor in yearby having Al and Coley as his coaches. Which hurt alot. And as for TDs well it goes to show Walton runs hard. But i still believe they arent too far off on skill set as a rb right now. Thats not to say Walton doesnt have the talent to ascend Yearby by a lot and hasnt already took the next step. I do agree Walton is a way better football player tho as is Travis Homer.

I like both of them too. I must admit it I was more of yearby fan than walton and thought he was the best heading into the season

Dude...

I like both of them too. I must admit it I was more of yearby fan than walton and thought he was the best heading into the season
Oh yea im a fan of both. I love how hard Walton plays. Leaves it all onthe field and breaks big runs because of it. Yearby ive always just been enamoured by way to always make the first guy miss. They both are exceptional pass catchers. Would have been a great 1+2 punch this year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If people want to argue that Yearby should've had more carries, that's a reasonable argument you could make.

But if you're going to say that Yearby is a better back than Walton, or even as good, you're gonna lose a lot of people.

And not only that, Walton is a better football player than Yearby. And if you don't get that, then you don't get football.

This. These people are insane if they're claiming Yearby is the better back. Its not even close. I loved Yearby, he had solid collegiate talent. That's as far as it goes. Walton will be collecting checks on Sundays.

Walton is projected as second or third round. Yearby didn't get invited to combine. Clearly a big difference .

I get what you're saying, but Kaaya was a 1st rounder this time last year, so I wouldn't put too much stock in that.

Big difference between QBs and RBs IMO. Barring injury Walton will keep his draft stock, if not increase it. With regards to QBs alot can change year to year.

Back-up RB's have higher YPC than the starter all the time. Less carries usually leads to higher YPC, especially considering the fact that the 2nd string guy plays later in the game with fresh legs.

Not the first time we've seen this.

You think Yearby is better than Walton?

You're kidding right? Joe played later in games with fresh legs?

Yearby yards vs GT came in the 1st 20 mins of the game. 6 car 63 yds 1st 20 mins of game. Doesn't touch the ball again until 5 mins left in the 3rd.

He and Walton swapped for the most part so it wasn't like Yearby came in during garbage time. We weren't beating the breaks off anyone. In fact we lost 3 of the 4 games. So how was Yearby looking better late in games after what, Walton wore them down with his 3.1 ypc?

Yearby out performed Walton before he was axed and out performed him the previous season as well.

Yearby has the instinct to play the position, sadly he doesn't have the speed needed to make a future out of it.

If you could combine the 2 backs you would have an awesome player carrying the rock.

Advertisement
What was the real story with Yearby? Some dudes on here said he was a cancer.

He's a very quiet guy but a hard worker. I never had a problem with him and wasn't aware if any other teammates did. I don't know why his carries went down or if he and any coaches had spats but he always came ready for practice.

The coaches just had it out for him and didn't want to play the most talented guy right Oblivion?

Dude...

Year by wouldn't even be able to make it down field for a play like this he's too slow

Back-up RB's have higher YPC than the starter all the time. Less carries usually leads to higher YPC, especially considering the fact that the 2nd string guy plays later in the game with fresh legs.

Not the first time we've seen this.

You think Yearby is better than Walton?

You're kidding right? Joe played later in games with fresh legs?

Yearby yards vs GT came in the 1st 20 mins of the game. 6 car 63 yds 1st 20 mins of game. Doesn't touch the ball again until 5 mins left in the 3rd.

He and Walton swapped for the most part so it wasn't like Yearby came in during garbage time. We weren't beating the breaks off anyone. In fact we lost 3 of the 4 games. So how was Yearby looking better late in games after what, Walton wore them down with his 3.1 ypc?

Yearby out performed Walton before he was axed and out performed him the previous season as well.

Yearby has the instinct to play the position, sadly he doesn't have the speed needed to make a future out of it.

If you could combine the 2 backs you would have an awesome player carrying the rock.

I 100% agree with this.. Yearby has a natural feel for the game something you can't coach or measure with numbers.

Advertisement
Back