Yearby?

Advertisement
It's one thing to think that you know more than fellow posters on a message board...

But to think that you know more about a kid's ability than 32 NFL GM's and a college head coach who's had multiple stud RB's? LOL

I think you guys are onto something. It must be a huge anti-Yearby conspiracy.

Who is stating Yearby is a stud? Nobody is saying Yearby is an NFL back. Plenty of guys are productive in college and don't end up on NFL rosters.

Thomas Brown coached a guy at Wisconsin that was putting up numbers before Brown was even there, just like every other Wisconsin RB has done. He coached Chubb and Sony, big deal. Them dudes were studs in HS and it wasn't like he made them the backs they are toting the rock. You can teach pass pro but you aren't teaching instinct. A RB either has it or he doesn't. You don't coach subpar guys into being elite. They can put up big numbers, but they are who they are.

i think hes talking about coach MR and macho is right Yearby is not a good rb period even though he was a cane the truth is the truth.

Yearby was a good college RB period.

Yearby was good but not up to Miami standards

It's one thing to think that you know more than fellow posters on a message board...

But to think that you know more about a kid's ability than 32 NFL GM's and a college head coach who's had multiple stud RB's? LOL

Who is stating Yearby is a stud? Nobody is saying Yearby is an NFL back. Plenty of guys are productive in college and don't end up on NFL rosters.

Thomas Brown coached a guy at Wisconsin that was putting up numbers before Brown was even there, just like every other Wisconsin RB has done. He coached Chubb and Sony, big deal. Them dudes were studs in HS and it wasn't like he made them the backs they are toting the rock. You can teach pass pro but you aren't teaching instinct. A RB either has it or he doesn't. You don't coach subpar guys into being elite. They can put up big numbers, but they are who they are.

i think hes talking about coach MR and macho is right Yearby is not a good rb period even though he was a cane the truth is the truth.

Yearby was a good college RB period.

Yearby was good but not up to Miami standards

Exactly a Miami rb

You need to get your eyes checked if you think Yeaby is anywhere near as good as Walton.

Walton is way more explosive, faster and runs hard as ****. There's a lot of plays Walton made last year that Yearby could never make.

I don't usually disagree with you, coach, but I do here. I put Yearby's instincts above Walton. I usually found walton going into the wrong hole (that's what she said) much more often than Yearby did.

Advertisement
You need to get your eyes checked if you think Yeaby is anywhere near as good as Walton.

Walton is way more explosive, faster and runs hard as ****. There's a lot of plays Walton made last year that Yearby could never make.

I don't usually disagree with you, coach, but I do here. I put Yearby's instincts above Walton. I usually found walton going into the wrong hole (that's what she said) much more often than Yearby did.

Walton would be a heisman contender if he had Yearby's vision and instincts.

Mark Walton is the better back overall but Joseph Yearby has better vision and his cutting ability and short area quickness are better than most rbs in the entire country.

Yearby lacked the one thing that would make him attractive to the NFL. Speed...he doesn't have it. If he had speed he would be in demand, IMO. That's the bottom line to me.

Advertisement
His name is Gus Edwards, often referred to as Gus the Bus, and sometimes Gus the mini Bus. It's funny how easy it is to forget people's names that are not from South Florida.

I can't even remember the name of the kid that played quarterback last year.

Yet somehow the guys who have coached multiple NFL RB's had him sitting 3rd string behind Walton and a kid from New York City.

There you go again makin' $h!t up to $h!t on a Dade kid...Joe never sat behind Edwards.

WTF are you talking about? I've never made-up stuff to **** on a Dade kid? Where does that even come from? SMH. Why the **** would I **** on a Dade kid in a thread where I'm complimenting another Dade kid? (Walton)

And yes, Yearby was behind Gus at the end of the season.

Last edited:
And can we please stop with this "Edwards was the 2nd string back" $h!t. By a wiiiiiide margin, Joe had more carries than Edwards 102-59...more yards than Edwards 608-290...more YPC than Edwards 5.96-4.92...more TDs than Edwards 7-1...& more catches than Edwards 10-1. Those stats don't even remotely suggest that "Edwards was the 2nd string back", people just makin' $h!t up again.

Edwards was taking the 2nd string snaps by the end of the year. Go look at their number of carries after the Notre Dame game, smart fella.

Gus finished the year with 44 carries.
Yearby finished the year with 23 carries.

Ain't nobody making **** up. Get your head out of your a$$.

Last edited:

The issue isn't whether Thomas Brown developed those guys or not. The issue is the fact that he's coached/seen stud RB's, as has Richt.

You got guys in here saying that Yearby is better than Walton when Richt/Brown (and likely the NFL) say otherwise. It's asinine.

Advertisement

This is true but do to yearbys slowness he can't make that hole into a savage run like Walton can so it cancels itself out. If year by wore and FSU jersey or if we would say he isn't good. He has Cronkite speed and look where Cronkite is now they r not explosive n Cronkite is faster than year by...... Yearby is shifty and if he ran a 4.4 he would be a first rounder but his one weakness is what old Miami stays away from.....u take away gore port is mcgahees speed and there not the same players anymore.

Advertisement
Edwards was taking the 2nd string snaps by the end of the year. Go look at their number of carries after the Notre Dame game, smart fella.

Gus finished the year with 44 carries.
Yearby finished the year with 23 carries.

Ain't nobody making **** up. Get your head out of your a$$.

LOL...And what dafuq did Edwards do in the ND game to take carries from Joe?...3 carries, -1 yards rushing...-1!...what dafuq did He do???...LOL. I mean Joe ain't do $h!t either, but Gus definitely didn't do $h!t in that game to warrant taking carries from Joe...c'mon dawg.

And if Brown/Richt know a stud when they see one, as you've suggested, then why dafuq didn't they give Gus the 2nd RB job from jump?...do you see how much sense you're not making???

Say bruh, just admit it, Richt/Brown colossally mismanaged the RB rotatation, now they're both gone...LOL.

And here's what I think happened...they got word Gus wanted to transfer, & Joe wanted to bounce early, so they tried to appease Gus by givin' em' rinky dink carries in games we were gonna win anyway. Just admit it dawg, they fuqed up.

And now Richt wants to put a wanted ad for a grad transfer RB...LOL...me thinks we should've gave that Epstein kid an offer, hope we don't regret it.

Yet somehow the guys who have coached multiple NFL RB's had him sitting 3rd string behind Walton and a kid from New York City.

There you go again makin' $h!t up to $h!t on a Dade kid...Joe never sat behind Edwards.

Look, man, not fighting with you, but Joe definitely sat behind Gus for the last few games.

You can argue all you want over whether it was "deserved", but it happened.

I didn't like it when Randy Shannon benched Sam Shields, but it happened.

Seems there was plenty of runs Yearby could make vs GT, UNC and VT that Walton couldn't. Yearby had less than half the carries vs UNC Walton had and had 8 yards less and 4 yds per carry more. Matter of fact, from Gt to VT before Yearby got gutted from the field he was out doing Walton in every game.

Walton 64 car 203 yds 3.1 avg

Yearby 38 car 237 yds 6.2 avg

Back-up RB's have higher YPC than the starter all the time. Less carries usually leads to higher YPC, especially considering the fact that the 2nd string guy plays later in the game with fresh legs.

Not the first time we've seen this.

You think Yearby is better than Walton?

You're kidding right? Joe played later in games with fresh legs?

Yearby yards vs GT came in the 1st 20 mins of the game. 6 car 63 yds 1st 20 mins of game. Doesn't touch the ball again until 5 mins left in the 3rd.

He and Walton swapped for the most part so it wasn't like Yearby came in during garbage time. We weren't beating the breaks off anyone. In fact we lost 3 of the 4 games. So how was Yearby looking better late in games after what, Walton wore them down with his 3.1 ypc?

Yearby out performed Walton before he was axed and out performed him the previous season as well.

Yearby has the instinct to play the position, sadly he doesn't have the speed needed to make a future out of it.

If you could combine the 2 backs you would have an awesome player carrying the rock.

I 100% agree with this.. Yearby has a natural feel for the game something you can't coach or measure with numbers.

Maybe because they believed that their measurables superseded his natural feel for the game. Did you read this whole post? It jas been acknowledged that he isn't as fast or as strong as the other two backs.. but what's the logical explanation for him producing just as well or even better as the other backs?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back