Yearby?

In reality, I think it's the opposite and they did what they were supposed to do-- Put the best player on the field regardless of other factors.

LOL...no they didn't.

If the demarcation line is the ND game, then Yearby clearly played well enough not to warrant Gus takin' carries from em'...Joe outplayed Gus.

Up through ND game...Yearby - 79 rushes, 494 Yds, 6 TDs, over 6 YPC.
Up through ND game...Gus - 16 rushes, 126 Yds, 1 TD, almost 8 YPC.

But here's the thing with Gus, 106 of His yards came against FAMU, 2 of the games He's listed as DNP, and another 2 He didn't get any carries.

So again, what dafuq did Gus do to allegedly supplant Joe on the depth chart.

I ALREADY TOLD YOUR A$$ WHY GUS SURPASSED HIM!!!!!!

Yearby was salty about losing his starting job to Walton. From there his attitude started to change and he was at odds with the staff. It became known that he was going to leave early. That all hurt his spot on the depth chart.

Now, I'm sure you're gonna come on here and say this story is BS but it actually is a perfect explanation for Yearby's in-explainable drop on the depth chart. (as you put it, since Gus didn't "do anything" to surpass him)

Besides, you don't know WTF goes on in practice or behind closed doors. That's where the depth chart is decided. Fans can only see 50% of what dictates depth charts.

Advertisement
8 pages in and I've come to the conclusion that...

1. Yearby is better than Walton
2. Coach Richt and Coach Brown, who have both coached elite RB's, had their RB depth chart all fvcked up.
3. CIS posters know more about a RB's ability than Coach Richt, Coach Brown and NFL scouts.
4. Yearby being passed on the depth chart is a big conspiracy
5. Walton's measureables were the only reason that he was ahead of Yearby.

Am I getting the gist?

2. Coach Richt and Coach Brown, who have both coached elite RB's, had their RB depth chart all fvcked up.
3. CIS posters know more about a RB's ability than Coach Richt, Coach Brown and NFL scouts.

Am I getting the gist?

Other than the fact that broke is the biggest moran here I think you hit all the pertinent topics.

Advertisement
You're kidding right? Joe played later in games with fresh legs?

Yearby yards vs GT came in the 1st 20 mins of the game. 6 car 63 yds 1st 20 mins of game. Doesn't touch the ball again until 5 mins left in the 3rd.

He and Walton swapped for the most part so it wasn't like Yearby came in during garbage time. We weren't beating the breaks off anyone. In fact we lost 3 of the 4 games. So how was Yearby looking better late in games after what, Walton wore them down with his 3.1 ypc?

Yearby out performed Walton before he was axed and out performed him the previous season as well.

Yearby has the instinct to play the position, sadly he doesn't have the speed needed to make a future out of it.

If you could combine the 2 backs you would have an awesome player carrying the rock.

I 100% agree with this.. Yearby has a natural feel for the game something you can't coach or measure with numbers.

Yet somehow the guys who have coached multiple NFL RB's had him sitting 3rd string behind Walton and a kid from New York City.

Maybe because they believed that their measurables superseded his natural feel for the game. Did you read this whole post? It jas been acknowledged that he isn't as fast or as strong as the other two backs.. but what's the logical explanation for him producing just as well or even better as the other backs?

He didn't produce better. Go check their stats with the same work load. Walton had a much better season.

I think looking at them In the same games during the same season is a much better indicator and as stated above yearby did more with less carries in the 4 game stretch right before he was demoted down the depth chart.

Am I getting the gist?

1-4 false
But 5 is true.. Walton is the better athlete at the position but he does not have the vision and feel for the running game as Yearby.. backs with vision and feel for the game don't continually run into the *** of their o line or into filled holes when there are cut back lanes.. He can improve tho.

Last edited:
I always thought Yearby was better than Walton.

Imho Walton didn't do anything that Yearby couldn't.

The RB coach fcked that situation.

Advertisement
Yearby vs. FSU:

2016: 10 for 39
2015: 15 for 33
2014: 10 for 34

Dude was flat out mediocre here. Hope he blows up in the league, but I'd be flabbergasted if it happened.

fsu has fast guys he aint running for 100 on them unless they playing with just lineman at every position.............relax he wont blow up in the nfl he is what he is

Mark Walton is the better back overall but Joseph Yearby has better vision and his cutting ability and short area quickness are better than most rbs in the entire country.

Put them together and you almost have Duke Johnson. Almost.

Walton is a better complete back then Duke. Duke couldn't put on weight well and got significantly slower and lost explosiveness which made Duke great. These same guys who think is some elite complete back aren't saying much now that he's a backup in Cleveland.

i dont get how u speaking facts n ni99az down voting u this **** opposite world here

Advertisement
Edwards was taking the 2nd string snaps by the end of the year. Go look at their number of carries after the Notre Dame game, smart fella.

Gus finished the year with 44 carries.
Yearby finished the year with 23 carries.

Ain't nobody making **** up. Get your head out of your a$$.

LOL...And what dafuq did Edwards do in the ND game to take carries from Joe?...3 carries, -1 yards rushing...-1!...what dafuq did He do???...LOL. I mean Joe ain't do $h!t either, but Gus definitely didn't do $h!t in that game to warrant taking carries from Joe...c'mon dawg.

And if Brown/Richt know a stud when they see one, as you've suggested, then why dafuq didn't they give Gus the 2nd RB job from jump?...do you see how much sense you're not making???

Say bruh, just admit it, Richt/Brown colossally mismanaged the RB rotatation, now they're both gone...LOL.

And here's what I think happened...they got word Gus wanted to transfer, & Joe wanted to bounce early, so they tried to appease Gus by givin' em' rinky dink carries in games we were gonna win anyway. Just admit it dawg, they fuqed up.

And now Richt wants to put a wanted ad for a grad transfer RB...LOL...me thinks we should've gave that Epstein kid an offer, hope we don't regret it.

Holy ****, bro. You're special.

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT GUS DID IN THE NOTRE DAME GAME. FROM THAT POINT ON HE TOOK OVER THE 2nd STRING SPOT, LIKE I TOLD YOUR SLOW A$$.
The proof is in the number of carries.

Stay on a ******* track, man. Pay attention. You tried to deflect my last post and now you're deflecting this one cause I keep proving you wrong.

Say bruh, just admit it, you have a man-crush on Yearby and you refuse to believe that Walton is better. (despite what people wayyyy more qualified than us think)

thats the problem on here guys stay minded on what they think............I for one would of surrendered and changed my stand macho.............there aint alot of people like that in todays society period they will go down with that sinking ship no matter just to be right. **** I been put in my place on here and change my stance cause of good arguments and im okay with that.

^Exactly. Before 2016, i preferred Yearby to Walton. He had more patience and was better at finding the crease.

Then during the 2016 season, I saw Mark Walton do things that Joe Yearby simply cannot do physically. It shut me up right quick.

Walton is just the better feature back and Yearby was the better guy coming off the bench. The numbers support it. Walton had much better numbers as the #1 back than he did as a backup in 2015 and Yearby's per carry numbers went up when he was used more sparingly.

Not saying either one is Frank Gore but Walton is still improving. We'll see what type of year he has as a junior.

Mark Walton is the better back overall but Joseph Yearby has better vision and his cutting ability and short area quickness are better than most rbs in the entire country.

Walton is a better complete back then Duke. Duke couldn't put on weight well and got significantly slower and lost explosiveness which made Duke great. These same guys who think is some elite complete back aren't saying much now that he's a backup in Cleveland.

i dont get how u speaking facts n ni99az down voting u this **** opposite world here

Duke Johnson is a better running back than Mark Walton i dont see what him being a back up in the NFL has to do with it.

Advertisement

Walton has a higher NFL ceiling than Duke.

exactly lol

Walton is better than duke n it will show this year and in the league

I respect what you have to say most of the time, but I just can't take this seriously. Time will tell, but there's no way I can see Walton doing what Duke did for Miami.

exactly lol

I respect what you have to say most of the time, but I just can't take this seriously. Time will tell, but there's no way I can see Walton doing what Duke did for Miami.

In college duke did more because he was allowed to do more and he's way more shiftier than MW. Walton wasn't asked to be on kick returns punt returns.....u can say that duke was a better college rb but as a NFL prospect Walton looks like he's a notch above because he's more explosive IMO. I could be wrong but MW is a boss u see the film he is a big time competitor and hard worker. Dude running like 50 yards down field for blocks.....he is an old school cane. Even gunner on ST he was murking fools n he suppose to be a sophomore so this season we will see him as mature body wise as we ever will. He should have an all time season

exactly lol

In college duke did more because he was allowed to do more and he's way more shiftier than MW. Walton wasn't asked to be on kick returns punt returns.....u can say that duke was a better college rb but as a NFL prospect Walton looks like he's a notch above because he's more explosive IMO. I could be wrong but MW is a boss u see the film he is a big time competitor and hard worker. Dude running like 50 yards down field for blocks.....he is an old school cane. Even gunner on ST he was murking fools n he suppose to be a sophomore so this season we will see him as mature body wise as we ever will. He should have an all time season

A few problems with your post:

- Walton is in his correct year. He was held back a year in school, and reclassified into his correct grade. He is the correct age to be a true Junior this year.
- Duke is a backup RB in the NFL because of his size. There are almost no starting RB's who weigh under 215 lbs.
- Duke is listed at 5'9" 210 runs a 4.5. Walton is listed at 5'9" 205 runs a 4.6. Duke is bigger and faster.
- Duke had 2 runs over 50 yds in his 1st game. Walton has 2 runs over 40 yds in 26 games. Duke had a 40+ yd run in 11 of his 33 games. Duke is more explosive.
- Duke averaged 6.6 ypc his first 2 years. Walton averaged 4.6 ypc.
- Duke had 55 less carries and 300 more yds than Walton in his first 2 years. Duke is more productive.
- Walton did return kicks his Freshman year. His 17.6 avg per return is the 2nd is only the 3rd time our leading kick returner averaged under 20 yds since the 2000 season. - As a comparison, Malcolm Lewis averaged 21.3 per return last year.
- Duke averaged 33.0 yds (almost double Walton's average) and had 2 TD's on kick returns his Freshman year. Duke is more versatile.

Walton is not bigger, stronger, faster, more productive, more explosive, more versatile, a better athlete, or a better pro prospect than Duke. He is nowhere near Duke.

To compare Walton to Yearby is fair. To compare Walton to Duke is ridiculous.

exactly lol

A few problems with your post:

- Walton is in his correct year. He was held back a year in school, and reclassified into his correct grade. He is the correct age to be a true Junior this year.
- Duke is a backup RB in the NFL because of his size. There are almost no starting RB's who weigh under 215 lbs.
- Duke is listed at 5'9" 210 runs a 4.5. Walton is listed at 5'9" 205 runs a 4.6. Duke is bigger and faster.
- Duke had 2 runs over 50 yds in his 1st game. Walton has 2 runs over 40 yds in 26 games. Duke had a 40+ yd run in 11 of his 33 games. Duke is more explosive.
- Duke averaged 6.6 ypc his first 2 years. Walton averaged 4.6 ypc.
- Duke had 55 less carries and 300 more yds than Walton in his first 2 years. Duke is more productive.
- Walton did return kicks his Freshman year. His 17.6 avg per return is the 2nd is only the 3rd time our leading kick returner averaged under 20 yds since the 2000 season. - As a comparison, Malcolm Lewis averaged 21.3 per return last year.
- Duke averaged 33.0 yds (almost double Walton's average) and had 2 TD's on kick returns his Freshman year. Duke is more versatile.

Walton is not bigger, stronger, faster, more productive, more explosive, more versatile, a better athlete, or a better pro prospect than Duke. He is nowhere near Duke.

To compare Walton to Yearby is fair. To compare Walton to Duke is ridiculous.

He is faster then DJ to me when I watch with these eye balls he's more explosive n faster. Would love for other to chime in on this one.

Advertisement
Back