Yearby?

I won't say mark was as good as duke..but I sure as check would like to see how this debate would be, if mark had the same O line to run behind. I think the comparison in stats would be substantially different. Hard to pile up yardage when you constantly being hit in the backfield

Advertisement
mark Walton is on the same level as duke?? looool this site................

whats the problem with saying that? if i think that how is that like shocking? because duke did more because he was on punt and kick return and started as a true fresh?

Let me think MW is a better back it isnt that crazy to think...............duke heads have good arguments so im cool with anyone thinkin duke was better i just disagree. As far as the Yearby thing and MW thing thats crazy talk MW is by far a better back stats dont always tell the story and if people throw stats at u most of the time they dont know wtf there talking about.

You really think that Walton is a better back than Duke? I think Walton is a good back, but I think Duke is the best back we have had since Gore.

He caught the ball out of the backfield, very shifty, had good speed, great change of direction, very fluid runner. You're right, stats don't always tell the story, but they for sure help paint a picture, and Duke is one of 91 players players in CFB history to have 2000 yards from scrimmage in a single season.

lamar miller was better than duke

DW you are highly underrating Duke. Just b/c he is a bit undersized and not a 3 down back in the league doesn't mean he wasn't a game changer for the Canes. He was the most electric player we have had in a Canes jersey since Hester IMO.

Walton is solid, if not spectacular at times, but he is not even close to as explosive as Duke. He is more durable, maybe a bit better long speed, and tough as nails...definitely not more explosive. I think they're 2 different types of backs to be honest. I could see MW carrying the load in the NFL...whereas Duke cannot.

i probably alwasys underrated I admit that and guilty of it but its because he gets praise on here like hes jesus............everyone thought he would be a savage nfl player and better then freeman when he was never better because of top end speed. Hes going up against fast defenses weekly in the nfl and he struggles.........struggles as far as miami backs go like what we used to send to the league. I love duke i think hew was one of the greats at miami but acting like hes untouchable is ridiculous hes human and we should always have guys better than the next and never be afraid to say x player is better than y player (if its nnot crazy talk like yearby and walton)

and if carrying the load is why im drafting a guy it means hes a better player imo since ur other prospect cant carry the load............its like having a starter in pitching n a bullpen guy............give me the guy that can go 9 innings and if he can thats the better prospect.

DW you are highly underrating Duke. Just b/c he is a bit undersized and not a 3 down back in the league doesn't mean he wasn't a game changer for the Canes. He was the most electric player we have had in a Canes jersey since Hester IMO.

Walton is solid, if not spectacular at times, but he is not even close to as explosive as Duke. He is more durable, maybe a bit better long speed, and tough as nails...definitely not more explosive. I think they're 2 different types of backs to be honest. I could see MW carrying the load in the NFL...whereas Duke cannot.

i probably alwasys underrated I admit that and guilty of it but its because he gets praise on here like hes jesus............everyone thought he would be a savage nfl player and better then freeman when he was never better because of top end speed. Hes going up against fast defenses weekly in the nfl and he struggles.........struggles as far as miami backs go like what we used to send to the league. I love duke i think hew was one of the greats at miami but acting like hes untouchable is ridiculous hes human and we should always have guys better than the next and never be afraid to say x player is better than y player (if its nnot crazy talk like yearby and walton)

and if carrying the load is why im drafting a guy it means hes a better player imo since ur other prospect cant carry the load............its like having a starter in pitching n a bullpen guy............give me the guy that can go 9 innings and if he can thats the better prospect.

NOT FAIR Duke plays for the Browns

LoL, does it really matter? Walton is going to carry the load especially with a new starting quarterback, and if it's Perry, then it will be similar to Johnson having to carry the load with Kaaya starting as a true freshman.

Johnson was a special player. The best pure zone runner Miami has ever had in my opinion.

What I love about Walton is he wants 300 carries. He's probably pound for pound as strong as any back we've had. Different type of runner than Johnson, good receiver, good in pass pro, he's headed for +1,500 yard season if he stays healthy, knock on wood. Probably 35 catches as well.

LoL, and there is Lorenzo Lingard on the way. That kid is the goods. That's kid is ready for 20 carries a game.

MW will have a monstrous year an epic year imo

Advertisement
I think looking at them In the same games during the same season is a much better indicator and as stated above yearby did more with less carries in the 4 game stretch right before he was demoted down the depth chart.

How is that a fair comparison when they're not getting the same work load?

The work load doesn't matter if we are talking about averages Walton got more carries and did less with it in the same games behind the same o line against the same defense.. comparing work loads from two separate seasons presents to many variables in this discussion..

Work load 100% matters. What in the Sam **** are you talking about?!

Well explain this:

Quoted from a poster earlier in the thread. Seems there was plenty of runs Yearby could make vs GT, UNC and VT that Walton couldn't. Yearby had less than half the carries vs UNC Walton had and had 8 yards less and 4 yds per carry more. Matter of fact, from Gt to VT before Yearby got gutted from the field he was out doing Walton in every game.

Walton 64 car 203 yds 3.1 avg

Yearby 38 car 237 yds 6.2 avg

Numbers from the Same games behind the Same O-line against in the SAME defense in the SAME 2016-2017 season and they split the carries throughout the whole game these are not garbage time stats. Go watch the film of these games, the film don't lie. As I stated earlier in this case WORK LOAD DOESN'T MATTER. Why go back a season when there was bad coaching, bad o-line play, different personnel and various other VARIABLES as stated before when we have a large enough sample size in the same year to compare players?

same OL but was it the same DL

How is that a fair comparison when they're not getting the same work load?

The work load doesn't matter if we are talking about averages Walton got more carries and did less with it in the same games behind the same o line against the same defense.. comparing work loads from two separate seasons presents to many variables in this discussion..

Well explain this:

Quoted from a poster earlier in the thread. Seems there was plenty of runs Yearby could make vs GT, UNC and VT that Walton couldn't. Yearby had less than half the carries vs UNC Walton had and had 8 yards less and 4 yds per carry more. Matter of fact, from Gt to VT before Yearby got gutted from the field he was out doing Walton in every game.

Numbers from the Same games behind the Same O-line against in the SAME defense in the SAME 2016-2017 season and they split the carries throughout the whole game these are not garbage time stats. Go watch the film of these games, the film don't lie. As I stated earlier in this case WORK LOAD DOESN'T MATTER. Why go back a season when there was bad coaching, bad o-line play, different personnel and various other VARIABLES as stated before when we have a large enough sample size in the same year to compare players?

LOL, It's the same defense Walton and Yearby had the same opportunites against all different personnel of those defenses. Yearby just did more with less. My biggest point to this guy is we don't have to compare two different seasons when they were playing in the same games this year. when he got his touches Yearby was out performing Walton up until the point where he was cut out of the running game is all I'm saying. I don't think yearby was the better athlete and I don't think he's a better NFL prospect or none of that but there was no explicable reason on the field production wise for him to be exiled from the running game.

Another valid underlying topic...the receivers used tween the two (mark and duke). Why would this matter??...quality, fast receivers, force a defense to cover downfield more, and less stacking the box. Lets face it...we didn't exactly have multiple deep threats on the line to help marks case either. There's a lot of little details could easily be overlooked when comparing players from different years...even as close as they were.

Plenty of unstellar and outright ****** players can "carry the load". I disagree...

MW looks to me like he could tote the pill 25 times a game in the NFL though. So that counts for something. I love Walton. However, Duke got me thru some dark times watching my Canes. There wasn't much else to get excited about when he was here. I will always have love for him. I never thought he was going to kill it on Sundays though. Not quite fast enough for his size. Walton isn't much faster and less explosive to me, but he is built thicker so he doesn't have to be to make it in the league.

Advertisement
40 Times:

Duke - Recruiting Profile - 4.42 Combine - 4.54 Pro Day - 4.47
Yearby - Recruiting Profile - 4.58 Combine - N/A Pro Day - 4.73
Walton - Recruiting Profile - 4.68 Combine - TBD Pro Day - TBD

For some reason it became acceptable this season to say/think Walton is fast. Spoiler Alert - he doesn't. He's not fast at all.

Well explain this:

LOL, It's the same defense Walton and Yearby had the same opportunites against all different personnel of those defenses. Yearby just did more with less. My biggest point to this guy is we don't have to compare two different seasons when they were playing in the same games this year. when he got his touches Yearby was out performing Walton up until the point where he was cut out of the running game is all I'm saying. I don't think yearby was the better athlete and I don't think he's a better NFL prospect or none of that but there was no explicable reason on the field production wise for him to be exiled from the running game.

I love MR that he doesn't say imma play this Jr over a soph rb because he's been here longer. He looks with his eyes who had more upside and played the best player. If golden were here year by would of started and that's the wrong choice. MR has proved through his uga years that he knows running backs and he wants speed over all things. He loves fast guys and now that he's in sfla he's making that a priority. Miami should always have speed its been 7 years where FSU gas been the faster team and it should never be like that. I'm glad we have a coach that speed is imoortant

40 Times:

Duke - Recruiting Profile - 4.42 Combine - 4.54 Pro Day - 4.47
Yearby - Recruiting Profile - 4.58 Combine - N/A Pro Day - 4.73
Walton - Recruiting Profile - 4.68 Combine - TBD Pro Day - TBD

For some reason it became acceptable this season to say/think Walton is fast. Spoiler Alert - he doesn't. He's not fast at all.

We will find out

He looks faster IMO with my eyes....I want to see his 40 now or its just Walton is more explosive on that first step

Well explain this:

I love MR that he doesn't say imma play this Jr over a soph rb because he's been here longer. He looks with his eyes who had more upside and played the best player. If golden were here year by would of started and that's the wrong choice. MR has proved through his uga years that he knows running backs and he wants speed over all things. He loves fast guys and now that he's in sfla he's making that a priority. Miami should always have speed its been 7 years where FSU gas been the faster team and it should never be like that. I'm glad we have a coach that speed is imoortant

I agree with you about Walton's upside and I never said he was not the better athlete. this argument has dragged along because all I stated was yearby had the better vision, pace, and feel for the game that's why he is effective in the run game and sometimes more effective than Walton and somehow this has been interpreted that I'm saying he's better all around, he's the better prospect, and I know more about the coaches and NFL scouts and all the other dumb a$$ comments made on this post. I've repeatedly said Mark Walton is the better Athlete and NFL prospect based on his measurables and work ethic.. I also stated the coaches just preferred his potential to make big plays because of his athletic ability and how hard he runs over yearby's steadiness, pace, and vision in the run game. However, Walton needs to improve on his vision and pace when he runs and he will with repetition. Also, as stated by another poster if those two backs were combined based on their strengths you would have a **** of a back. That is all LOL.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Still savages can play anywhere.....terrol pryor balled the fuq out there and yes its the browns. He doesn't have an excuse n killed it there

Well explain this:

I agree with you about Walton's upside and I never said he was not the better athlete. this argument has dragged along because all I stated was yearby had the better vision, pace, and feel for the game that's why he is effective in the run game and sometimes more effective than Walton and somehow this has been interpreted that I'm saying he's better all around, he's the better prospect, and I know more about the coaches and NFL scouts and all the other dumb a$$ comments made on this post. I've repeatedly said Mark Walton is the better Athlete and NFL prospect based on his measurables and work ethic.. I also stated the coaches just preferred his potential to make big plays because of his athletic ability and how hard he runs over yearby's steadiness, pace, and vision in the run game. However, Walton needs to improve on his vision and pace when he runs and he will with repetition. Also, as stated by another poster if those two backs were combined based on their strengths you would have a **** of a back. That is all LOL.

Yearby has awesome qualities but the one weakness is too big of a weakness. Its like being a point guard but u can't pass. Or being a hockey goalie and can't skate

Yearby has awesome qualities but the one weakness is too big of a weakness. Its like being a point guard but u can't pass. Or being a hockey goalie and can't skate

Ok that has been acknowledged..

Advertisement

Still savages can play anywhere.....terrol pryor balled the fuq out there and yes its the browns. He doesn't have an excuse n killed it there

well I guess you're sorta right.. It's still the Browns though

Terrelle Pryor is a 6'4 WR that is clearly one of the more physically gifted players in the NFL (not saying that's going to translate to a successful NFL career) and yeah he had a solid year for someone playing for the Browns but "balled the fuq out" is a reach... he was the only WR on their team worth throwing to.

Duke Johnson is second string to Isiah Crowell.. and was drastically underutilized still rushing for 4.9 yards a carry. The fact that he was underutilized says nothing about his talent just shows the incompetence of the coaching staff.

Terrelle Pryor is a 6'4 WR that is clearly one of the more physically gifted players in the NFL (not saying that's going to translate to a successful NFL career) and yeah he had a solid year for someone playing for the Browns but "balled the fuq out" is a reach... he was the only WR on their team worth throwing to.

Duke Johnson is second string to Isiah Crowell.. and was drastically underutilized still rushing for 4.9 yards a carry. The fact that he was underutilized says nothing about his talent just shows the incompetence of the coaching staff.

Good answer Lol. I'm exhausted from all this so I didn't even bother

whos the browns qb tho? i dont even know lol to be honest no one does its still ballin to me cause its the browns.........maybe the coaches r playing IC cause they think hes the better back. u telling there coach doesnt what hes doing? if he doesnt or the browns know nothing y did they draft duke howard and njoku?

im just saying i think MW is better (mainly better than yearby) thats my opinion and if he kills it this year ill say i told u and if he doensnt n u say or anyone says i told u so ill be aight with it

Advertisement
Back