Yearby?

Advertisement
I live in the Bay Area - SF was so bad last year they had a rugby player make the team as an RB
- and I dont mean guy that played football & rugby - just rugby

Rooting for Yearby but it will be an uphill battle for him to stick on that roster because of the sheer numbers at the position. 49ers have Carlos Hyde as the clear #1 , then it's Mike Davis and Tim Hightower. They also picked up a RB in the draft this year... Hoping for the best, though.

Rooting for Yearby but it will be an uphill battle for him to stick on that roster because of the sheer numbers at the position. 49ers have Carlos Hyde as the clear #1 , then it's Mike Davis and Tim Hightower. They also picked up a RB in the draft this year... Hoping for the best, though.
Agreed. Only thing though is now you have a new coach, an offensive guy. Yearby could have been an interesting guy as a reviving type especially before he packed on all that weight. Shanahan might find a use for him just because the way he runs offense.

Still getting on a practice squad can lead to other opportunities when the inevitable injuries happen.

Advertisement
Kyle Shanahan will put him in a great position to be successful and utilize his versatility better than any other play caller could have in the NFL. Probably best that he didn't get drafted, could have been a terrible fit

Joe Yearby=Justin Forsett. Been saying this for a while. He'll carve out a role and contribute for many years even after going undrafted.

He isn't going to play significant snaps for Shanahan. If he makes the practice squad it will be a success. I'm not sure that happens, but I'm pulling for him.

Hoping he can catch on somewhere to help with those 2 kids but another case of a kid that had no business leaving early and if he got advice from someone they gave him very very bad advice.

Told yall why he left. Kid got salty and disgruntled cause he lost his starting job. Then him and the staff were at odds, which explains his 3rd string placement on the depth chart.

Not a good look if you're trying to make an NFL roster. You run a 4.7 and you don't like competition? Sorry buddy.

Advertisement
Is this a UDFA contract? Or just a tryout? I don't see him on the list of UDFA's published by the 49ers

Talented enough to be a 3rd RB on a roster and see touches...but it is going to be a grind for him to get there. Hopefully he can do it, but I'm not sure if he is in for the uphill battle to takes jobs. He didn't show that here.

Advertisement
Told yall why he left. Kid got salty and disgruntled cause he lost his starting job. Then him and the staff were at odds, which explains his 3rd string placement on the depth chart.

Not a good look if you're trying to make an NFL roster. You run a 4.7 and you don't like competition? Sorry buddy.

also, it was reported that yearby has an aversion to academics and that he was eager to leave the U in part because of this. regardless, it looks like another poor decision by an uneducated burdened kid. i wish him nothing but the best.

Advertisement

The question is what did he do to lose his starting spot? It's not like Walton was a force of nature that couldn't be denied and I've yet to see any evidence that Yearby can't block. Other than 1 fumble when it didn't matter, I don't recall him playing any worse than Walton, so I'm a bit confused as to why he lost his spot. I'm not saying Walton sucks or Yearby is great, but I don't see the huge difference. And I don't see any reason that Gus jumped in front of Yearby.

Advertisement
Back