Yearby VS Cook

cook reminds me of hester, an elite speed guy, and hes now playing the role he did at Central, curious to see if hes an every down back

Last edited:
Advertisement
It's funny how you guys bash kids for choosing a school other than UM. They both are Elite. They both are different in what makes them really good. Let's be happy we have one of them for 2-3 more years. We aren't getting every kid from South Florida. Not gonna happen. New day in age of college football.

This. Agreed.

I like watching Running Backs. I'll tell you this. I usually watch film on the top 50 RB prospects every year. Last year only two people had footwork that really made me say DAAAAMMMNNN!!!!!!!

Yearby and Roc Thomas that committed to Auburn. Those two have the nastiest feet in that class and will make anybody miss. It's like watching an Allen Iverson break peoples ankles on the court. I'm like **** dog.

Yearby can shake the first guy out of his shoes. He can consistently make what should be 3-4 yard gains, 10-15 yard runs. But he gets caught from behind without too much trouble, and he doesn't trust his speed, so he's always setting up for the next move. He'll get there in chunks but won't hit the home run.

Cook was out all spring, in a non-contact jersey all fall, and sat out the first game. He's just now healthy and hitting his stride and the results are going to be scary.

Advertisement
I didn't see Yearby get a yard against UL, NU or GT when we needed it. I saw Cook take over the game and beat UL.

I didn't see Yearby get a yard against UL, NU or GT when we needed it. I saw Cook take over the game and beat UL.
He had a combined 2 carries in all three games. But sure, **** on Yearby because he backs up one of, if not the, greatest UM running backs of all time.

2 really good backs. People knocking Cook, remember he was Mr Football in Florida last year. he is no slouch.

Advertisement

A lot better than graig cooper, but not as good as duke as a freshman. This team sucks, he's not ready to carry them like duke, but I think he will be next year.

If not injured, yearby would have been Dade's all time leading rusher, now that's saying something. In this case Yearby all day. He's a cane and what I really like about him is he goes for yards not just the big plays. I really could care less about cook, he's with the enemy so I really don't know how someone on this board could rep for a nole.

It's funny how you guys bash kids for choosing a school other than UM. They both are Elite. They both are different in what makes them really good. Let's be happy we have one of them for 2-3 more years. We aren't getting every kid from South Florida. Not gonna happen. New day in age of college football.

This. Agreed.

I agree unless he trolls us to the ground or flips last second giving us no chance to replace him.

Advertisement
TDs are like RBIs, ****ty way to evaluate a player

Cook's TDs would have been 3 yard gains with Williams.. Cook has excelent vision and on several plays where the OL was pushed in his face he bounced back and accelerated for huge TDs.. Cook is **** good. I think Yearby will be the same for you....time will tell with these two. Will be fun to watch..

With 2015 being ANOTHER "Rebuilding Year", as will be 2016, 17 ad nauseum until Golden is fired, the only thing that is CERTAIN is that Cook is smarter than Yearby.

In 2015 Miami returnes
6 Offensive starters
5 Defensive starters
10 Offensive 2nd teamers
11 Defensive 2nd teamers
SS Rayshawn Jenkins (who would have started over Fentress)
Rush AQM (who was projected starter at Rush, before he was suspended)

FSU on the other hand will only return 2 Offensive starters, Dalvin Cook & Center Ryan Hoefeld

yearby is that back that will give you 5 -6 yards on every down... kinda like frank gore....

Advertisement
He's had 1 catch in each road game & 2 carries vs. Georgia Tech, never saw the field against Virginia Tech.. I'm not sure if it's a pattern but of his 65 carries this year only 2 have been on the road and 3 of his 7 catches have been on the road.. All in all, he's still averaging 6.5 ypcarry, and 15.9 ypcatch..

Cook vs. Yearby just look at this year's stats head to head and Yearby is averaging almost a full yard per carry then Cook, with almost the identical amount of carries.. Also this last game against Louisville really padded Cooks stats..

He had a combined 2 carries in all three games. But sure, **** on Yearby because he backs up one of, if not the, greatest UM running backs of all time.

Last edited:
Cook is CJ Spiller. Pretty easy comparison.

disagree. CJ Spiller was a complete monster and one of the best college running backs ever. i mean MAYBE, MAYBE he develops into a cj spiller type, but i think saying cook will be cj spiller is extremely premature. CJ Spiller was incredibly fast, as is cook, and similar build, so i can see that comparison, but CJ was completely explosive in the open field, made great cuts, had vision, could break tackles, and would make a 50 yard run out of any tiny crease available. cook, from what ive seen so far, doesnt have that vision or the open field moves that cj spiller had. maybe he'll develop them, but i dont see it. i see him more as a lamar miller type as his ceiling, great speed and decent size, but not great vision and havent seen ability to consistently make people miss.

Cook is CJ Spiller. Pretty easy comparison.

disagree. CJ Spiller was a complete monster and one of the best college running backs ever. i mean MAYBE, MAYBE he develops into a cj spiller type, but i think saying cook will be cj spiller is extremely premature. CJ Spiller was incredibly fast, as is cook, and similar build, so i can see that comparison, but CJ was completely explosive in the open field, made great cuts, had vision, could break tackles, and would make a 50 yard run out of any tiny crease available. cook, from what ive seen so far, doesnt have that vision or the open field moves that cj spiller had. maybe he'll develop them, but i dont see it. i see him more as a lamar miller type as his ceiling, great speed and decent size, but not great vision and havent seen ability to consistently make people miss.

IMO, Cook will be better than Spiller. He is stronger and much better on contact.

Advertisement
Back