Yearby VS Cook

Hstokes1447

Junior
Yearby is quietly having just as good if not a better season than Cook. I know there are a lot of guys here who will say Cook is the better of the two, so I decided to let the numbers tell the story.

Yearby
RUSH ATTS 65
RUSH YDS 421
AVG PER RUSH 6.5
LONGEST RUSH 62 YDS
RUSH TD 1

REC 7
REC YDS 111
AVG PER REC 15.9
LONGEST REC 47 YDS
REC TD 1

Cook
RUSH ATT 68
RUSH YDS 380
AVG PER RUSH 5.6
LONGEST RUSH 40 YDS
RUSH TD 5

REC 8
REC YDS 76
AVG PER REC 9.5
LONGEST REC 14 YDS
REC TD 1

Advertisement
Cook is the feature back in FSU offense and Yearby is 3rd in Miami's offense, but Yearby is putting up better numbers. Lets not forget that Yearby did not play against VT, he could be over 500 yards by now.

Yearby is quietly having just as good if not a better season than Cook. I know there are a lot of guys here who will say Cook is the better of the two, so I decided to let the numbers tell the story.

Yearby
RUSH ATTS 65
RUSH YDS 421
AVG PER RUSH 6.5
LONGEST RUSH 62 YDS
RUSH TD 1

REC 7
REC YDS 111
AVG PER REC 15.9
LONGEST REC 47 YDS
REC TD 1

Cook
RUSH ATT 68
RUSH YDS 380
AVG PER RUSH 5.6
LONGEST RUSH 40 YDS
RUSH TD 5

REC 8
REC YDS 76
AVG PER REC 9.5
LONGEST REC 14 YDS
REC TD 1

With all due respect, these numbers hardly tell a different story.

For the record, I think we got the better college running back and I'm very pleased with Yearby thus far as badly as I wanted Cook but Cook has faced tougher defensive teams and has 6 touchdowns to Yearby's 2. The differences of 3 more carries for Cook and 1 more reception for Cook are negligible. The averages advantages for Yearby are impressive, but none the less Cook is thriving.

At best, they are having equal seasons and that is a stretch. A rushing touchdown every 13.6 carries and a touchdown every 12.7 touches by Cook is astounding for a true freshman. Yearby's 1 rush TD for every 65 carries and 1 td for every 36 touches aren't even close. But I say again, they are completely different types of players and it depends on what you're looking for to decide who you think is better.

Advertisement
Cook and Yearby is a case of the grass is always greener on the other side for some people. I'll take Yearby and his elite quickness

Cook is the feature back in FSU offense and Yearby is 3rd in Miami's offense, but Yearby is putting up better numbers. Lets not forget that Yearby did not play against VT, he could be over 500 yards by now.

Cook was actually 3rd as well. He was behind Williams and 7. 7 is hurt, and it seems Williams has played his way out of 1st string. So until maybe this week, Cook was actually 3rd , just like Yearby.

Cook had 110 yards and 2 TDs against the #1 D in the nation case closed.

Ignorance to make a statement based on 2 runs where any decent back takes it to the house. Case Open.

Don't get it twisted, "anybody" doesn't take those to the house. Dalvin Cook has Hester speed/acceleration and will take full advantage of mistakes. Those would have wound up as 8-10 yard runs for most backs, but Cook housed them both.

Either way, I prefer my guys to be skilled. It's Desean Jackson vs. Reggie Wayne. With Desean, if the safety takes one false step, Desean is behind him for the 6, but if you play solid, fundamental defense for 60 minutes, he's rendered ineffective. Reggie on the other hand, will get you your critical first down when you've done everything right. He runs a phenomenal route, followed by an excellent hands catch, takes a pop, and holds on.

That's what Yearby v. Cook is. Yearby is going press the hole, make the right cut at the right time, and get up field for every yard that's there AND make somebody miss in the process for a little more. Cook is one cut and go. He sticks his foot in the ground and it's lights out, but that hole to stick your foot in the ground ain't always there. Sometimes you gotta be patient and have vision to see where the hole is GOING to be.

Both phenomenal talents though.

Advertisement
Yearby will have the luxury of playing with a solid QB and Offensive line for the next 3 years. Cook on the other hand will be on a team that will replace QB and 4 starters on O-Line.

Taylor Gadbois, Danny Isidora, Alex Gall, Trevor Darling, KC McDermott, & Nick Linder could be the O Line rotation during Yearby's JR season. Running behind that much talent with the vision and quick that Yearby has could be very special.

Who cares? Both great players and we're fortunate to have Yearby. We'll add 2-3 more talented RBs in next recruiting class. With Ice overseeing these young cats, it should be a position of strength.

Cooks speed is unreal. Once the guy hits the hole he is gone. Yearby Elusiveness is off the charts. They are both very different and very good.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We should have both of them here. I'm very happy with Yearby....and Scarlett, Walton etc. Very happy

Advertisement
Back