Yearby VS Cook

Cook had 110 yards and 2 TDs against the #1 D in the nation case closed.

Ignorance to make a statement based on 2 runs where any decent back takes it to the house. Case Open.

Lol is this guy serious?

LMAO. Cant be.

Anyway, loved how Cook played in high school and but he plays for FSU and we got Yearby. Yearby was/is a really good back and I know they will be compared until they both stop playing ball but I think some people look at it like if one is doing better then the other sucks. They are both great backs who do different things well. Just happy to see Yearby excelling on this level as I wasnt sure if his stature would be able to contribute so early in career. Happy to see it has, will enjoy seeing him grow and develop.

Happy to see his numbers looking good, our run game has come a long way since Coley got here. Lets keep it going

Advertisement
cook is boom or bust. yearly is CONSISTENT

Rather be GOOD EVERYTIME time than great SOMETIMES.

A lot of guys expose themselves as lifelong fans that NEVER suited up at any level

I'm just glad we don't have to worry about both of them being Seminoles.

UL is far from the best defense in the country. They aren't even a top 20 defense, they just played cupcakes and will continue to.

Advertisement
UL is far from the best defense in the country. They aren't even a top 20 defense, they just played cupcakes and will continue to.

Newsflash: Every team in the power 5 probably plays at THE MAXIMUM 3 or 4 quality opponents. 1 OOC game and 2 or 3 tough conference games. If you're in the SEC West, you probably play 5 tough opponents, depending on if you schedule aggressively OOC. Nobody plays anybody. Everybody's schedule is filled with cupcakes.

Both will be great. Different abilities. But both still very talented. As I've said before though. Michel will be the best one from that group of Yearby, Cook, Michel and Powell from 2014.

Advertisement
Cook had 110 yards and 2 TDs against the #1 D in the nation case closed.

Ignorance to make a statement based on 2 runs where any decent back takes it to the house. Case Open.

Don't get it twisted, "anybody" doesn't take those to the house. Dalvin Cook has Hester speed/acceleration and will take full advantage of mistakes. Those would have wound up as 8-10 yard runs for most backs, but Cook housed them both.

Either way, I prefer my guys to be skilled. It's Desean Jackson vs. Reggie Wayne. With Desean, if the safety takes one false step, Desean is behind him for the 6, but if you play solid, fundamental defense for 60 minutes, he's rendered ineffective. Reggie on the other hand, will get you your critical first down when you've done everything right. He runs a phenomenal route, followed by an excellent hands catch, takes a pop, and holds on.

That's what Yearby v. Cook is. Yearby is going press the hole, make the right cut at the right time, and get up field for every yard that's there AND make somebody miss in the process for a little more. Cook is one cut and go. He sticks his foot in the ground and it's lights out, but that hole to stick your foot in the ground ain't always there. Sometimes you gotta be patient and have vision to see where the hole is GOING to be.

Both phenomenal talents though.

Great post. Some people just get caught up with Cook because his game-breaking speed is ****, but you are spot on.

Newsflash: Every team in the power 5 probably plays at THE MAXIMUM 3 or 4 quality opponents. 1 OOC game and 2 or 3 tough conference games. If you're in the SEC West, you probably play 5 tough opponents, depending on if you schedule aggressively OOC. Nobody plays anybody. Everybody's schedule is filled with cupcakes.

Their quality opponents before FSU was Clemson. They've played really inept offenses before FSU, including us at that time, and they got to pad their stats. But you'll see them get exposed some more through the rest of the season. There's a dozen teams with a better defense than theirs, right off the top of my head.

Yearby's putting up better numbers because he's the better RB. Always has been. That's why he was the starter and **** was his backup. Fck that turncoat scumbag front-running **** Dalbert ****. I hope Perryman kills him.

Advertisement
Yearby's skill set will make him the more attractive back at the next level. Cook aint running away from NFL defenders like he did in high school. Yearby's shiftiness/quick feet sets him apart. The ability to make the first guy miss is a rare quality and our boy Joe has got it.

Advertisement
TDs are like RBIs, ****ty way to evaluate a player

I think the touch to TD ratio bore the statement out.

No, RBI are a function of the players on base in front of you, of which u have no control. A better stat would be slg% as it tells u who is good at hitting for power, thus ability to potentially drive in runs. Looking at Tds or touch to Tds is predicated like RBI on circumstances beyond your control, thus not conclusive. Football unlike baseball or even basketball, is a hard sport to quantify based on stats. Barry sanders didn't score a lot or a lot per touch.

TDs are like RBIs, ****ty way to evaluate a player

I think the touch to TD ratio bore the statement out.

No, RBI are a function of the players on base in front of you, of which u have no control. A better stat would be slg% as it tells u who is good at hitting for power, thus ability to potentially drive in runs. Looking at Tds or touch to Tds is predicated like RBI on circumstances beyond your control, thus not conclusive. Football unlike baseball or even basketball, is a hard sport to quantify based on stats. Barry sanders didn't score a lot or a lot per touch.

Meh. The crux of it all is still predicated on the defenses you play by that same logic. TD-to-touch is the best metric available for that purpose unless you go back look at each individual play which I did and it still bore my theory out.

If you want to get technical, you could then theoretically argue that a long TD is subpar to a short TD because one guy is faster than the other and therefore it's not as impressive. It's all relative and to OP's point a 3:1 TD advantage is far more than just circumstances. That's a pattern.

There's a lot of variables but for this particular issue, look at O-Line and defenses played. I think FSU's line and our line are pretty equal and I think FSU has played better defenses. It's like saying for the RBI comparison you look who is pitching and what inning it is. So to your Barry Sanders point, his line sucked and all defenses did was key on him. It's a deeper investigation in both cases and it's still relative but the parallel on how TD-to-touch ratio is effective.

Last edited:
Cook is fast but comparing him to Hester is a stretch. There is no one I have ever seen run faster and make instant decisions in the open field than Hester. Cook has size and speed, a good straight line guy .Yearby has extremely quick acceleration and lateral cutting ability. Yearby is a more complete back but Cook is more athletic.They are both great.

Advertisement
Back