Yearby VS Cook

Advertisement
Cook all day, he the type of back that defenses creep up for.

Your comment implies that Cook is significantly better than Yearby. I'd like to hear why exactly why you think that, other than a vague statement like "he the type of back that defenses creep up for."

Cook all day, he the type of back that defenses creep up for.

Your comment implies that Cook is significantly better than Yearby. I'd like to hear why exactly why you think that, other than a vague statement like "he the type of back that defenses creep up for."

Just by watching them I would pick cook his body and speed is built for college and pros. Quickness and shiftiness Yearby all day but Cook reminds me of a better version of Lamar Miller.

TDs are like RBIs, ****ty way to evaluate a player

I think the touch to TD ratio bore the statement out.

No, RBI are a function of the players on base in front of you, of which u have no control. A better stat would be slg% as it tells u who is good at hitting for power, thus ability to potentially drive in runs. Looking at Tds or touch to Tds is predicated like RBI on circumstances beyond your control, thus not conclusive. Football unlike baseball or even basketball, is a hard sport to quantify based on stats. Barry sanders didn't score a lot or a lot per touch.

Meh. The crux of it all is still predicated on the defenses you play by that same logic. TD-to-touch is the best metric available for that purpose unless you go back look at each individual play which I did and it still bore my theory out.

If you want to get technical, you could then theoretically argue that a long TD is subpar to a short TD because one guy is faster than the other and therefore it's not as impressive. It's all relative and to OP's point a 3:1 TD advantage is far more than just circumstances. That's a pattern.

There's a lot of variables but for this particular issue, look at O-Line and defenses played. I think FSU's line and our line are pretty equal and I think FSU has played better defenses. It's like saying for the RBI comparison you look who is pitching and what inning it is. So to your Barry Sanders point, his line sucked and all defenses did was key on him. It's a deeper investigation in both cases and it's still relative but the parallel on how TD-to-touch ratio is effective.

U r missing the biggest issue. U can run all up and down the field and then they can pass for a td and according to ur metric u aren't as good. Or say your qb throws a ton am u get the goal line touch and score. So tds are based on opportunities just like RBI which is why it's not a good indicator.

Advertisement
TDs are like RBIs, ****ty way to evaluate a player

No, RBI are a function of the players on base in front of you, of which u have no control. A better stat would be slg% as it tells u who is good at hitting for power, thus ability to potentially drive in runs. Looking at Tds or touch to Tds is predicated like RBI on circumstances beyond your control, thus not conclusive. Football unlike baseball or even basketball, is a hard sport to quantify based on stats. Barry sanders didn't score a lot or a lot per touch.

Meh. The crux of it all is still predicated on the defenses you play by that same logic. TD-to-touch is the best metric available for that purpose unless you go back look at each individual play which I did and it still bore my theory out.

If you want to get technical, you could then theoretically argue that a long TD is subpar to a short TD because one guy is faster than the other and therefore it's not as impressive. It's all relative and to OP's point a 3:1 TD advantage is far more than just circumstances. That's a pattern.

There's a lot of variables but for this particular issue, look at O-Line and defenses played. I think FSU's line and our line are pretty equal and I think FSU has played better defenses. It's like saying for the RBI comparison you look who is pitching and what inning it is. So to your Barry Sanders point, his line sucked and all defenses did was key on him. It's a deeper investigation in both cases and it's still relative but the parallel on how TD-to-touch ratio is effective.

U r missing the biggest issue. U can run all up and down the field and then they can pass for a td and according to ur metric u aren't as good. Or say your qb throws a ton am u get the goal line touch and score. So tds are based on opportunities just like RBI which is why it's not a good indicator.

If the difference in TD's is small, then yes that would be an issue. 6 to 2 is larger than that. And more importantly, the situation is what counts and like you said it is based on opportunities. So looking at a stat like carries within the 20.

If the difference in TD's is small, then yes that would be an issue. 6 to 2 is larger than that. And more importantly, the situation is what counts and like you said it is based on opportunities. So looking at a stat like carries within the 20.

Stats don't work like that so we will have to agree to disagree.

Advertisement
Cook is fast but comparing him to Hester is a stretch. There is no one I have ever seen run faster and make instant decisions in the open field than Hester. Cook has size and speed, a good straight line guy .Yearby has extremely quick acceleration and lateral cutting ability. Yearby is a more complete back but Cook is more athletic.They are both great.

Cook is Lamar Miller, CJ Spiller type. Straight line guy like you said. No knock on Cook at all, cause those two were studs in college and Miller really going now in the nfl.

Cook reminds me same stage of Miller at those certain points in their career. Home run hitters. I can't agree with you Dwinstitles on Cook being better than Miller. See Cook having the same ceiling and style and career. Which is still being a great player and becoming one in the nfl down the line. Cook litterally a Lamar Miller clone. Exact same player in my eyes, which is why I wanted him. Yearby and Cook would have been overkill.

Last edited:
Yearby reminds be of a slightly faster version of Warrick Dunn

THIS right here. I've mentioned this comparison numerous times. Yearby reminds me a lot of Warrick Dunn. Very similar styles.

Some people say LeSean McCoy in Yearby, but I see Warrick Dunn in his game, been preaching that Dunn comparison for some time.

Cook had 110 yards and 2 TDs against the #1 D in the nation case closed.

All cook slurpers do me a favor and root for fsu already. Yearby is the deal and yearby came to miami even with the fact that powell flipped and cook went to fsu and was a early enrollee and hes also snelsons uncle which will play in our favor.

Yearby and Cook are both gonna be great. This debate won't be settled until years from now. Pointless on arguing about this right now. They both have different styles too. Wait till their junior and senior years or when they go pro. This won't be decided over night if that's what your looking for. Revisit this a few years from now.

Advertisement
Yearby is quietly having just as good if not a better season than Cook. I know there are a lot of guys here who will say Cook is the better of the two, so I decided to let the numbers tell the story.

Yearby
RUSH ATTS 65
RUSH YDS 421
AVG PER RUSH 6.5
LONGEST RUSH 62 YDS
RUSH TD 1

REC 7
REC YDS 111
AVG PER REC 15.9
LONGEST REC 47 YDS
REC TD 1

Cook
RUSH ATT 68
RUSH YDS 380
AVG PER RUSH 5.6
LONGEST RUSH 40 YDS
RUSH TD 5

REC 8
REC YDS 76
AVG PER REC 9.5
LONGEST REC 14 YDS
REC TD 1

Two different type of running backs Yearby can take it up the middle. Cook is more of a speed back.

Yearby reminds be of a slightly faster version of Warrick Dunn

THIS right here. I've mentioned this comparison numerous times. Yearby reminds me a lot of Warrick Dunn. Very similar styles.

Some people say LeSean McCoy in Yearby, but I see Warrick Dunn in his game, been preaching that Dunn comparison for some time.

I agree 100 percent great comparison. Now people might curse me out for this one but Cook reminds me of McGahee able to get 0 to 60 in such a short time. The Comparison to Dunn was spot on plus 1, that has to be the best comparison I seen on this board yet.

Cook had 110 yards and 2 TDs against the #1 D in the nation case closed.

#1 defense is a joke, we play that D right now we put up 40 on them....Louisville's defensive ranks will drop out of the top 10 as their schedule gets a bit more interesting now that they still have to play ND and I am sure Kentucky will give them an interesting game.

Advertisement
Joseph Yearby has the heart of a lion and the feet of a ballerina. Ol' boy can make you look silly outside or slam his frame with reckless abandon up the gut after grabbing 3 or 4 tough yards. He's already shown me that he's super talented & tough.

Dalvin Cook is another South Florida kid who thought he was too good for the U and chose to go play for the town of Tallahassee. Talented - sure.

I don't know who's better yet, and I'm not trying to be Mr. Superfan here, but I'm glad that we're rolling with Joseph Yearby and I wouldn't want it any other way.

Dalvin Cook's style is basically Jamaal Charles.
Joe Yearby's style is basically in the Curtis Martin or Gio Bernard mold.

Different players with different skill sets. My hope is Yearby hits the weight room really, really hard and can get up around the 200 range sooner rather than later.

No need to compare. Why? It's the same as HS. Nothing has changed.

In nutshell:

JY beats you with vision, amazing quickness

DC beats you with speed.

Advertisement
Back