Would you quit Miami Hurricanes football

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll quit if dorito is still here but otherwise no matter the hc choice I'll stay a hurricane till I die

Advertisement
I wouldn't quit, but I wouldn't look forward to Saturday, plan my wedding entire weekend around or have hope we would come close to what we were. People want Mario supposedly become he is a good recruiter. But I know he is aided by the Alabama machine and its bagmen. Kind of like I feel with my junkie brother. Until he is dead I'll hold out some sliver of hope, but I know that it is over

**** dude. That's some real talk right there. Here's to hope. :emot-crown::emot-crown::emot-crown:

To answer the question... The Golden era esp. after seeing the k- state beatdown in person made me so **** mad I couldn't watch the games. When they didn't fire him after year 3, I just got numb and didn't hardly watch. At least with Randy, I still felt like it was a Canes team out there.

If this hire is Cristobal or equivalent, then I'll just have to accept that UM has no intention of ever being a big time program. No Canes makes college football pretty lame. I guess I'll just have to hold out til bball for Coach L and then UM baseball. I **** sure won't be flying down to see us get our *** kicked in SunLife.

Advertisement
After attending the Maryland fiasco, watching our defense play so passively. I wondered what team was out there in Miami uniforms. Similar to what Reagan said, about leaving the Democrat party, the team left us.

Since then, haven't spent a cent in Miami merchandise. Haven't put out the U flag; just hanging on to the memories.

Firing Fraulden was just the necessary first step. I'm very disappointed that the Dorito stain still remains.

I need to see a real commitment to winning. That starts with a competent HC and staff. Butch is my choice for an instant turnaround. He has the cred with recruits. Herman would need more time. Pagano is also acceptable.

Complete turn offs: NoD Fuente, Chud, the TRAITOR, Shula, and all the other coaches-du-jour.

A final bonus would be firing azzwipe Flake, to remove that insult to the collective Cane intelligence.

If the BOT ***** this up, and history points that way, it'll be RIP for Canes football.

Why don't the Mario supporters even consider just how divisive a hire he would be. Even if you think there is a glimmer of hope that Mario could succeed, the message it sends to college football at large and how it will clearly be received among the fan base is just horrid. It is not an acceptable state of affairs, regardless whether you believe the guy deserves a fair shake.

After attending the Maryland fiasco, watching our defense play so passively. I wondered what team was out there in Miami uniforms. Similar to what Reagan said, about leaving the Democrat party, the team left us.

Since then, haven't spent a cent in Miami merchandise. Haven't put out the U flag; just hanging on to the memories.

Firing Fraulden was just the necessary first step. I'm very disappointed that the Dorito stain still remains.

I need to see a real commitment to winning. That starts with a competent HC and staff. Butch is my choice for an instant turnaround. He has the cred with recruits. Herman would need more time. Pagano is also acceptable.

Complete turn offs: NoD Fuente, Chud, the TRAITOR, Shula, and all the other coaches-du-jour.

A final bonus would be firing azzwipe Flake, to remove that insult to the collective Cane intelligence.

If the BOT ***** this up, and history points that way, it'll be RIP for Canes football.

Not sure if serious.:monkey-serious:

Advertisement
define quit....I'm still a Dolphins fan, so.....

Miami Hurricane football

You still didn't define quit. The Dolphins stopped playing Miami Dolphins football when Shula retired, but I'm still a fan. Either way, define it. I won't get season tickets if Mario is the coach, like I gave up my tickets under Golden. I won't support them with $$, but I'll still watch at home on TV like I did these past 2 years without tickets.

Last edited:
This whole situation reminds me of when I was young and we were sitting around talking about what a loser my sisters boyfriend was. My mother put it best when she said "you think this one is bad? Wait until you meet the next one!" **** if she wasn't right. Each one was worse than the last.

I'll be pretty despondent if they hire Mario. My interest level is already much lower than I would have ever thought it could be. I'd still be a fan but the days of hoping on a plane for away games is pretty much dead and flying back for the big home games is almost dead. *sigh*
lulz.

Pics or GTFO. You know the rules.
lulz....they were a pretty forgettable bunch - no photo evidence to be found. What was hard to forget I is how spot on my mom was. I hope I'm wrong on this ..... I really need an inspired hire. Preferably Butch.
Dude, we want pics of your sister, not her loser boyfriends

Mario is 3-28 life time against teams with a winning record by the way

In his best year at FIU they didn't beat one team with a winning record outside of the bowl game.

I have been a cane fan for 35+ years, so it will be tough to completely give it up. I assume the apathy I have developed in the last few years will just continue to build and I'll watch when I can, but it won't be must see TV every week. I hope they get this hire right, but I won't be shocked when they ***** this up.

Advertisement
As long as he's bringing Saban, Kiffen and the entire defensive staff I'm a big fan..

If we ain't quit during the last 12 years of this crap, we ain't going nowhere. We are Cane fans. Hopefully our excursion in mediocrity ends soon. BBB

Advertisement
All this give the guy a shot stuff is loser talk. This is what happens when you are irrelevant for so long. Let's give Mario a few years, a guy we know is completely unqualified. He will need time to get "his recruits" on the team and purge the team of AL Goldens soft guys. The 3-4 years down the road we can take a look and see if we are "trending up". Count me out.

I would have zero interest in the game and would never spend one dollar on merchandise or tickets to support the BOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back