Would you quit Miami Hurricanes football

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Mario retained EITHER Coley or D'onfrio as coordinators I'd be done with the program, absolutely.

If he's hired I would be ****ed as **** but if he brings in a great staff , which I find to be an impossibility since he'd have less qualifications than most of the OC's and DC's out there, I'd at least wait a few games before I cast aside Hurricanes football forever.

The staff must be purged...and the fact of the matter is Cristobal is really good friends with James Coley. Truth be told that's the BIGGEST thing I have against Cristobal.

Advertisement
No. If you're willing to jump ship that easy don't even bother calling yourself a canes fan this very moment. Get a heads start and go find a new team to bandwagon off. I'll ride through the good and bad times with this program.

**** you

A True Canes fan is a Fan win or lose and judging by your post you aren't a real fan because you would NEVER QUIT being a fan EVER

Advertisement
Cristobal quit the Canes and is not a proven good coach in fact his record is poor 27 - 47.

Whats crazy is that

Former players - want mario
Cane Fans - want Butch

I want Butch, but I wouldn't mind Leach or Herman. I'm not sold on Mario

Advertisement
Been a fan since Howard Buck's last year as HC in 1928. And I'll tell you without equivocation that if they hire that swarthy bum you will not see me again on here. I'll be done. If they hire him then they're either completely clueless, totally incompetent, or they just don't give a **** about the fans or the program.
CHISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement
I was waiting for this thread. There are some from when manny was hired too.

I'll admit, I was excited and intrigued by Manny back then. I thought he was young, hungry, and ambitious. The kind of profile that's been successful at the U. Should have seen that he'd turn out to be the opposite and wasn't the solution to bring Miami back in big-time football.

You realize there's a HUGE difference between Mario in 2015 and Mario now, right?
Exactly, he’s been at a big time program already cutting his teeth. Idk why this was bumped I would not have like the hire back then. Even though hindsight richt and diaz weren’t better.

Advertisement
Has anyone created the list of folks that said yes?

Murder She Wrote Reaction GIF

Timely bump; however, it’s an inaccurate bump b/c it lacks context. This was from 2015. Anyone w/ half a brain would’ve said they wouldn’t want Mario here during this time. The last head coaching job Mario did was at FIU, which many of his detractors in 2021 were still using over his head to hire Kiffin over him.

After Mario proved himself on the P5 level, it was clear he learned from his mistakes by being groomed by one of the all time greats in coaching & CFB infrastructures, along w/ seeking advice from all time great mentors. So if we’re going to bump threads like this, pls give context; and I stand on what I said in this thread; after Golden, if we hired another sub 500 coach at the time, alum or not, my support would’ve been from a distant.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back