Would you quit Miami Hurricanes football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I'm so **** tired of everyone pushing this guy down our throats. Why because hes Cuban? Who gives a *****! I'm Cuban so what? I want a great football coach not someone to play dominoes with.
I stand by the position I held on Mario 6 years ago. I've said this many times before but it bears repeating. Much has changed since that time. Mario has gained valuable experience and he has cut his teeth at a P5 program(Oregon) where he did a fantastic job. This of course was coming off of his time at Alabama where he was the national recruiting director, assistant head coach and OL coach.

Again Mario has accrued a lot of experience and he performed very well while getting that experience. The Mario Cristobal we just hired is a much different guy than the coach who had just been fired by FIU 3 years prior to my post.

As it stands now I am very happy to have him here. He has paid his dues and has proven that he can be a very effective head coach at this level which was certainly not the case before.

I was in favor of Richt over Cristobal. Mario didn’t have the success Richt had. I wanted someone who accomplished conference wins at a Power 5. Today we get that in Mario.

Me remembering this thread and hoping I didn't post in here
wow-blank-stare.gif

Then realizing I didn't
denzel-washington-relief.gif

Advertisement
Timely bump; however, it’s an inaccurate bump b/c it lacks context. This was from 2015. Anyone w/ half a brain would’ve said they wouldn’t want Mario here during this time. The last head coaching job Mario did was at FIU, which many of his detractors in 2021 were still using over his head to hire Kiffin over him.

After Mario proved himself on the P5 level, it was clear he learned from his mistakes by being groomed by one of the all time greats in coaching & CFB infrastructures, along w/ seeking advice from all time great mentors. So if we’re going to bump threads like this, pls give context; and I stand on what I said in this thread; after Golden, if we hired another sub 500 coach at the time, alum or not, my support would’ve been from a distant.
And this is the perfect response. Well done my man!!

Advertisement
Timely bump; however, it’s an inaccurate bump b/c it lacks context. This was from 2015. Anyone w/ half a brain would’ve said they wouldn’t want Mario here during this time. The last head coaching job Mario did was at FIU, which many of his detractors in 2021 were still using over his head to hire Kiffin over him.

After Mario proved himself on the P5 level, it was clear he learned from his mistakes by being groomed by one of the all time greats in coaching & CFB infrastructures, along w/ seeking advice from all time great mentors. So if we’re going to bump threads like this, pls give context; and I stand on what I said in this thread; after Golden, if we hired another sub 500 coach at the time, alum or not, my support would’ve been from a distant.

No hoodie

No mask

Straight bareface

I luv dat **** 😈

Advertisement

But it’s also not accurate to say his mistakes led his record to be 27-47 at FIU. They were a brand new FBS school with FCS level facilities. They had never won an FBS game before Mario. Of course his record would be a losing record

Advertisement
But it’s also not accurate to say his mistakes led his record to be 27-47 at FIU. They were a brand new FBS school with FCS level facilities. They had never won an FBS game before Mario. Of course his record would be a losing record

Lol; this is a whole ‘nother level of reasoning. Jesus Diaz!

Not in regard to this thread because it’s silly to think a Coach’s stock can’t go up in 6 years - but, our fan base is ridiculous with hindsight when it comes to recruiting. We try to justify 3 star takes with poor tape. When we lose a recruiting battle, the kid is always average or whatnot. I suppose all fanbases do this and it’s just the human condition.

I was in favor of Richt over Cristobal. Mario didn’t have the success Richt had. I wanted someone who accomplished conference wins at a Power 5. Today we get that in Mario.
Same

Mario is also getting a very strong showing of support publicly from the admin, bot and financially from boosters that Richt didn’t. Richt was a significant booster in hindsight during his tenure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back