Worst win in 17 years

So early signs show Manny is a fraud and not even close to the guy we need.

Curious to know what adjustments you think he should make?

If Enos is a ****** OC and the offensive staff isn’t good either, what does Manny do, get rid of them already?

Baker is also Manny’s guy. So is Banda and Patke. Does he can them too?

This is starting to feel like Richt or Golden where they hired a bunch of friends

This season looks like a 7/6 win season with a lower bowl berth. I think it's already a lost cause. The interesting thing will be does he identify the weak points on the team and do something about it, or cover for his boys like Richt and Golden did. With Randy, he was just woefully unprepared and in over his head. But he at least tried to shake it up with personnel.

Advertisement
Garbage?

Instead of hyperbole take a look at facts:

Our rush defense is 6th nationally in YPC and 4th in YPG.

Yeah, those guys absolutely suck.

Not saying we are world beaters but to claim that our D is pure garbage is irrational and idiotic.

Great we have a decent rush defense after playing central michigan and BCC.

you are one of those people who have no clue what they are watching. The defense is horrible. They cant create real pressure and got bailed out by an insane amount of drops yesterday. They are going to get slaughtered by the ACC.

you are one of those people who have no clue what they are watching. The defense is horrible. They cant create real pressure and got bailed out by an insane amount of drops yesterday. They are going to get slaughtered by the ACC.
they blitz just to blitz. everyone just runs into linemen. Our LB's aside from Pickney and ours safeties struggle to read the game. Are you telling me all our kids our that dumb or its a coaching issue?

Garbage?

Instead of hyperbole take a look at facts:

Our rush defense is 6th nationally in YPC and 4th in YPG.

Yeah, those guys absolutely suck.

Not saying we are world beaters but to claim that our D is pure garbage is irrational and idiotic.

Who have we played yet that is good at offense lmao UF?!!! UNC?!??? Bethune?!!??

You hold onto these stats like they matter, watch the games. We aren’t good or elite on either side of the ball.

Advertisement

Decent rush D? GTFOH! Yep..not bad...

We played two cupcakes? No chit...checkout everyone else’s schedule.

You are one of those fans that makes this site unreadable at times. Everything D$ money said was spot on. I’m 100% in agreement. But, you don’t throw the baby out with the bath water or fire your HC after 4 games. Nobody is happy with the offense right now. It’s up to Diaz to fix it or he too will be added the growing list of fired HC’s at Miami.

Stick to something you know...college football isn’t one of them.

And we had slightly higher expectations against Rutgers 2002. Can't think of anything worse, other than an outright loss, heading into a bye week.

- What gets me is that in all three FBS games, our coaches have looked worse than the other side. UF did a better job of hiding their limitations. UNC came out on fire and in rhythm. And CMU had their team in a position to win if not for a bunch of drops and fumbles. We're 129th in penalties per game. Putting the talent aside, there is no tangible area where you can see we look prepared.

- Enos has been a good QB coach and a terrible OC so far. I don't think it's fair to blame one unit because the entire offense looks lost. Mishandling jet sweeps. Zion still missing the snap count. Running backs missing holes. QB holding the ball too long. TEs missing blocks. Too many long-developing PA plays. Nothing downfield from talented WRs. 85th in yards per play. It all comes back to the OC and the staff he hired.

- The running game was the most promising aspect of the first three games, and it came crashing back down to earth against a bad defense. There is plenty of blame to go around, but Donaldson is one of my biggest disappointments of the season. He looks heavy and slow. His weight gain is perplexing, because he's always been a conscientious guy and he is already an upperclassmen. He is nowhere near the NFL right now and might not even be starter-quality at his current level.

- Lou Hedley is legit. Unfortunately, we ruined the play of the day with our disorganized special teams.

- Something is missing from the defense. I don't know if it's a Baker issue, a personnel issue, or a combination of both. We've improved our rush defense without Gerald Willis's boom-or-bust approach (37th to 6th in YPC, 46th to 4th in YPG) but we are a lot less disruptive and the overall defense is worse. One change I would make over the bye week is cementing Gurvan Hall as the everydown starter at safety. He is at a different level than our other guys.

- Based on my text messages, I would say Manny has already lost a good portion of the fanbase. Can't blame them. If he loses one of the three ACC home games, I think he would lose most of the fans. These are the three most important games of his entire coaching career. My concern is that he becomes a neurotic mess over the bye, like Al Golden in the bunker, and the players sense it. He needs to maintain his composure and live up to his reputation as a guy who makes adjustments.

- As a fan, my goal before the season was ten wins and the Coastal. That was a modest goal when you look at how the Coastal performs against garbage teams like Old Dominion and Appalachian St. It looks very far away at the moment. Manny's recruiting success will be dependent on his on-field success. He sold a quick turnaround and that's what we need to see over the next month. Otherwise, it will be impossible to sell anything as the New Miami.

We're 4-0 with different feelings if this defense could tackle and pressure the way we're accustomed to. I say that because they did it last season with the same personnel and there is a noticeable lack of intensity as you referenced "something is missing..." It's Baker's scheme and, by extension, Manny who are responsible for the lack of development and regression of players on defense; everything about the weakness of this team starts and stops there.

Our offense had known problems going back to Richt's entire tenure and we've shown some improvement in overall OL and QB play. It's hard to game-plan behind and hide our OL deficiencies, but it's also hard to develop players if you don't push the envelope and ask them to do things the scheme requires. Outside the first game with Jarren holding the ball and Nelson being a statue I can't say the offense is why we stink as a team.

We stink mainly, IMO, because Manny accepts a substandard product from players and staff when we know that defense can play better. We need 1st-year Manny who started 3 true freshman at LB to come back. He's gonna lose fans, administration, coaches and players if he doesn't live up to savagery that got him there in the first place. The thing we all loved about Manny the DC was the matter of fact nature with which he spoke about the physicality required to play defense at Miami, and then he backed it up with the product he put on the field. The way we played mattered. Now it's as if he's just happy to be here and win a game.

Last edited:
I think that the next three games will tell us all that we need to know.

Am obviously in the minority, but I think that the defense will improve markedly by VTech. I think that Enos' system is quite complex and it takes time to fully implement. OLline will be a problem all season, but Enos should start scheming around it. Enos is a good coach. At some point, he will stop using the PA and long-developing plays. Diaz and Enos both know that they are close to losing the team. I think that you see a different team and playcalling by October 5th.

Advertisement

You are one of those fans that makes this site unreadable at times. Everything D$ money said was spot on. I’m 100% in agreement. But, you don’t throw the baby out with the bath water or fire your HC after 4 games. Nobody is happy with the offense right now. It’s up to Diaz to fix it or he too will be added the growing list of fired HC’s at Miami.

oh shut the **** up

this whole team sucks and you’re jerking yourself off over rushing stats. Where was this great run D when UNC pounded us into submission at rhe end of the game? You’re clueless

No.

Everything he said is absolutely correct. We were several dropped passes from losing yesterday's game and the product on the field is unacceptable. Manny needs an ***** and an intervention.

Who have we played yet that is good at offense lmao UF?!!! UNC?!??? Bethune?!!??

You hold onto these stats like they matter, watch the games. We aren’t good or elite on either side of the ball.

Never claimed we were elite at anything. Clearly we are not. But, to say the whole team is “pure garbage” is hyperbole. I’m using facts to show that we have, at worse, a decent defense. Trying to argue otherwise is disingenuous and ignores our performance YTD.

But then again...it fits your agenda so run with the narrative even if it’s untrue...that’s never stopped anybody at CIS before.

1000%... Worst part is Manny stopped sounding like Manny. He looks like a fraud.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Team is an undisciplined mess, that offensive performance was the worst thing I’ve seen since Nix. How about mixing things up a bit, try playing with a little pace or something, **** even Richt did that.

The continual play action is so frustrating to watch. Our OL couldn’t push me and three of my friends off the line of scrimmage.

Program is finished

Never claimed we were elite at anything. Clearly we are not. But, to say the whole team is “pure garbage” is hyperbole. I’m using facts to show that we have, at worse, a decent defense. Trying to argue otherwise is disingenuous and ignores our performance YTD.

But then again...it fits your agenda so run with the narrative even if it’s untrue...that’s never stopped anybody at CIS before.

My agenda is I want competent coaches in charge to win Miami football games. They aren’t on staff. Check my receipts on Manny. I wanted him gone before Richt even stepped down.

Advertisement
oh shut the **** up

this whole team sucks and you’re jerking yourself off over rushing stats. Where was this great run D when UNC pounded us into submission at rhe end of the game? You’re clueless

Go back and finish your next round of video games. Reading comprehension and analysis aren’t your strong suit...

Our defense joined the 21st century under Diaz and will see a sharp regression throughout the year mark it down now. I mean 3 man fronts all day every day gives all of us nightmares of the worst kind. Our offense STILL has not and will not join the modern era under Enos. Those two things alone are going to make us losers putting aside the mess of a roster we have.
Burn this MF down from top to bottom. I hear we are ok at tennis at least.

And we had slightly higher expectations against Rutgers 2002. Can't think of anything worse, other than an outright loss, heading into a bye week.

- What gets me is that in all three FBS games, our coaches have looked worse than the other side. UF did a better job of hiding their limitations. UNC came out on fire and in rhythm. And CMU had their team in a position to win if not for a bunch of drops and fumbles. We're 129th in penalties per game. Putting the talent aside, there is no tangible area where you can see we look prepared.

- Enos has been a good QB coach and a terrible OC so far. I don't think it's fair to blame one unit because the entire offense looks lost. Mishandling jet sweeps. Zion still missing the snap count. Running backs missing holes. QB holding the ball too long. TEs missing blocks. Too many long-developing PA plays. Nothing downfield from talented WRs. 85th in yards per play. It all comes back to the OC and the staff he hired.

- The running game was the most promising aspect of the first three games, and it came crashing back down to earth against a bad defense. There is plenty of blame to go around, but Donaldson is one of my biggest disappointments of the season. He looks heavy and slow. His weight gain is perplexing, because he's always been a conscientious guy and he is already an upperclassmen. He is nowhere near the NFL right now and might not even be starter-quality at his current level.

- Lou Hedley is legit. Unfortunately, we ruined the play of the day with our disorganized special teams.

- Something is missing from the defense. I don't know if it's a Baker issue, a personnel issue, or a combination of both. We've improved our rush defense without Gerald Willis's boom-or-bust approach (37th to 6th in YPC, 46th to 4th in YPG) but we are a lot less disruptive and the overall defense is worse. One change I would make over the bye week is cementing Gurvan Hall as the everydown starter at safety. He is at a different level than our other guys.

- Based on my text messages, I would say Manny has already lost a good portion of the fanbase. Can't blame them. If he loses one of the three ACC home games, I think he would lose most of the fans. These are the three most important games of his entire coaching career. My concern is that he becomes a neurotic mess over the bye, like Al Golden in the bunker, and the players sense it. He needs to maintain his composure and live up to his reputation as a guy who makes adjustments.

- As a fan, my goal before the season was ten wins and the Coastal. That was a modest goal when you look at how the Coastal performs against garbage teams like Old Dominion and Appalachian St. It looks very far away at the moment. Manny's recruiting success will be dependent on his on-field success. He sold a quick turnaround and that's what we need to see over the next month. Otherwise, it will be impossible to sell anything as the New Miami.
App State is definitely not a garbage program.

Advertisement
Back