Worst win in 17 years

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
And we had slightly higher expectations against Rutgers 2002. Can't think of anything worse, other than an outright loss, heading into a bye week.

- What gets me is that in all three FBS games, our coaches have looked worse than the other side. UF did a better job of hiding their limitations. UNC came out on fire and in rhythm. And CMU had their team in a position to win if not for a bunch of drops and fumbles. We're 129th in penalties per game. Putting the talent aside, there is no tangible area where you can see we look prepared.

- Enos has been a good QB coach and a terrible OC so far. I don't think it's fair to blame one unit because the entire offense looks lost. Mishandling jet sweeps. Zion still missing the snap count. Running backs missing holes. QB holding the ball too long. TEs missing blocks. Too many long-developing PA plays. Nothing downfield from talented WRs. 85th in yards per play. It all comes back to the OC and the staff he hired.

- The running game was the most promising aspect of the first three games, and it came crashing back down to earth against a bad defense. There is plenty of blame to go around, but Donaldson is one of my biggest disappointments of the season. He looks heavy and slow. His weight gain is perplexing, because he's always been a conscientious guy and he is already an upperclassmen. He is nowhere near the NFL right now and might not even be starter-quality at his current level.

- Lou Hedley is legit. Unfortunately, we ruined the play of the day with our disorganized special teams.

- Something is missing from the defense. I don't know if it's a Baker issue, a personnel issue, or a combination of both. We've improved our rush defense without Gerald Willis's boom-or-bust approach (37th to 6th in YPC, 46th to 4th in YPG) but we are a lot less disruptive and the overall defense is worse. One change I would make over the bye week is cementing Gurvan Hall as the everydown starter at safety. He is at a different level than our other guys.

- Based on my text messages, I would say Manny has already lost a good portion of the fanbase. Can't blame them. If he loses one of the three ACC home games, I think he would lose most of the fans. These are the three most important games of his entire coaching career. My concern is that he becomes a neurotic mess over the bye, like Al Golden in the bunker, and the players sense it. He needs to maintain his composure and live up to his reputation as a guy who makes adjustments.

- As a fan, my goal before the season was ten wins and the Coastal. That was a modest goal when you look at how the Coastal performs against garbage teams like Old Dominion and Appalachian St. It looks very far away at the moment. Manny's recruiting success will be dependent on his on-field success. He sold a quick turnaround and that's what we need to see over the next month. Otherwise, it will be impossible to sell anything as the New Miami.

Advertisement
Why does Enos think running under center SHOULD EVER work behind this offensive line? Its gotten to the point where we can clearly see he doesn’t understand how to adjust.

The difference between us & UF game 1 was they knew how to adjust and we didnt. Clear indications of a JV coaching staff.

Advertisement
So early signs show Manny is a fraud and not even close to the guy we need.

Curious to know what adjustments you think he should make?

If Enos is a ****** OC and the offensive staff isn’t good either, what does Manny do, get rid of them already?

Baker is also Manny’s guy. So is Banda and Patke. Does he can them too?

This is starting to feel like Richt or Golden where they hired a bunch of friends

And we had slightly higher expectations against Rutgers 2002. Can't think of anything worse, other than an outright loss, heading into a bye week.

- What gets me is that in all three FBS games, our coaches have looked worse than the other side. UF did a better job of hiding their limitations. UNC came out on fire and in rhythm. And CMU had their team in a position to win if not for a bunch of drops and fumbles. We're 129th in penalties per game. Putting the talent aside, there is no tangible area where you can see we look prepared.

- Enos has been a good QB coach and a terrible OC so far. I don't think it's fair to blame one unit because the entire offense looks lost. Mishandling jet sweeps. Zion still missing the snap count. Running backs missing holes. QB holding the ball too long. TEs missing blocks. Too many long-developing PA plays. Nothing downfield from talented WRs. 85th in yards per play. It all comes back to the OC and the staff he hired.

- The running game was the most promising aspect of the first three games, and it came crashing back down to earth against a bad defense. There is plenty of blame to go around, but Donaldson is one of my biggest disappointments of the season. He looks heavy and slow. His weight gain is perplexing, because he's always been a conscientious guy and he is already an upperclassmen. He is nowhere near the NFL right now and might not even be starter-quality at his current level.

- Lou Hedley is legit. Unfortunately, we ruined the play of the day with our disorganized special teams.

- Something is missing from the defense. I don't know if it's a Baker issue, a personnel issue, or a combination of both. We've improved our rush defense without Gerald Willis's boom-or-bust approach (37th to 6th in YPC, 46th to 4th in YPG) but we are a lot less disruptive and the overall defense is worse. One change I would make over the bye week is cementing Gurvan Hall as the everydown starter at safety. He is at a different level than our other guys.

- Based on my text messages, I would say Manny has already lost a good portion of the fanbase. Can't blame them. If he loses one of the three ACC home games, I think he would lose most of the fans. These are the three most important games of his entire coaching career. My concern is that he becomes a neurotic mess over the bye, like Al Golden in the bunker, and the players sense it. He needs to maintain his composure and live up to his reputation as a guy who makes adjustments.

- As a fan, my goal before the season was ten wins and the Coastal. That was a modest goal when you look at how the Coastal performs against garbage teams like Old Dominion and Appalachian St. It looks very far away at the moment. Manny's recruiting success will be dependent on his on-field success. He sold a quick turnaround and that's what we need to see over the next month. Otherwise, it will be impossible to sell anything as the New Miami.
100% agreed on that entire post

Advertisement

If Enos is a ****** OC and the offensive staff isn’t good either, what does Manny do, get rid of them already?

This is starting to feel like Richt or Golden where they hired a bunch of friends

Bump.

The guy can't recruit and he spent most of his coaching budget on an OC who is not getting it done. That leaves us with a coaching staff full of unknown Manny disciples and unknown Enos disciples. History doesn't repeat but it rhymes. This looks like it will be another slow motion train wreck. Buckle up.

I am considering Diaz as an extension of Richt. No way this guy gets the 4 years he probably expects. He was here for 3 years and a part of the program. He owns what's currently on the field now just as much as anyone else and if he can't deliver he needs to be processed out with a quickness.

I didn't believe Manny was a good hire when we made the hire. He won me over a bit over the spring and summer but it's clear to me now that the BOT was straight up negligent in doing their duties when they decided they would not even conduct a coaching search.

Advertisement
I think some need to be prepped for what's going to happen over these next three games....if they aren't already....as fans.
One of the next three is about the easiest money around. We could drop all three...but one? That's happening. Circle UVA as something you may not want to endure if you have a heart condition....4 days prep vs two weeks prep for them? You might be looking at something truly nasty for that one.

Bingo!! That happen when you hire a journey man DC head coach. He has no network to look for coaches so all were “friends”. There is no money that will buy you top coordinators when you as a head coach look dumb and is labeled as difficult to work.

Advertisement

Ain’t no smart kid playing for our mess of a program. Also your points are spot on!!! Donaldson is how our players have done over their careers regress!!! Shameful

This is what we know....

Manny Diaz is going to be out coached by every Head Coach he goes up against.

Dan Enos is going to be out coached by every DC he goes up against.

Blake Baker is going to be out coached by every OC he goes up against.

And then we have Patke as the village idiot / special teams coRch

THE PERFECT STORM!! :stormwarningflag-sm::stormwarningflag-sm::stormwarningflag-sm:

Maybe, and I'm just spit balling here....
1) Have more than a 10 minute search for the head coach
2) Stop hiring assistant coaches from failed current head coaching staphs
3) Stop hiring Temple's head coach
4) Get a proven coach with head coaching experience at the Power 5 level
5) I swear to all things holy, how could we possibly combine the past 4 failed coaches and wrap them in one coach, Manny? No experience? Check! Assistant to the current failed coaching staph? Double Check! Temple's coach? Triple Check!

And for the love of all things good, please put away the chains and rings... we look cot dam ridiculous. Be good with a high fricken five for doing your job.

Why does Enos think running under center SHOULD EVER work behind this offensive line? Its gotten to the point where we can clearly see he doesn’t understand how to adjust.

The difference between us & UF game 1 was they knew how to adjust and we didnt. Clear indications of a JV coaching staff.
Bigger question is why does the leader of the new Miami #tnm allow it!!! Typical Miami!

Advertisement
Back