Worst win in 17 years

Even if he belly flops this season he STILL can save face and be successful, but he has to clean house at both coordinator positions.

Baker and Enos ain't it.

As for this season, Jarren needs to officially be put on notice.

Guys like Patchan need to sit.

Baxa should have his schollie pulled on Monday.

Enough with the coddling. Guys need to start losing their jobs and possibly more for REPEATED mistakes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Talk about a roller coaster of emotions in the last 9-11 months. We (I) went from **** near suicidal end of last year(maybe just me🤷🏾‍♂️), to happy (MR resigns), to here we go again (Manny hire), to foolishly believing this TNM schtick (looking for ANY kind of hope), to basically emotionless 3 games in. FML

Last edited:
Advertisement
He’s a hype man who always has unrealistic expectations. Nothing about this program was a quick turnaround, and his “modest” expectations of a 10 win season are proof that he knows nothing about football and is naive.
Well objectively looking at it, UNC had 2 wins last year and CMU had 1 win last year in the MAC. There’s no way to logically rationalize where we’re at as being ok when looking at that.

So early signs show Manny is a fraud and not even close to the guy we need.

Curious to know what adjustments you think he should make?

If Enos is a ****** OC and the offensive staff isn’t good either, what does Manny do, get rid of them already?

Baker is also Manny’s guy. So is Banda and Patke. Does he can them too?

This is starting to feel like Richt or Golden where they hired a bunch of friends

The defense is not meeting our high expectations, but the reality is it has performed well enough for us to win all of our games this season. Needs to get better, but it is not far from where we need it to be. Basically, the D needs more aggression and penetration, smarter play calls on third and long, and to avoid giving up the big plays.

The O has many fundamental issues. The play calling is atrocious in general. I fear that with the youth on this offense (plethora of freshman on the OL, at QB), the play calling can only mask so much.

Both staffs deserve a full year’s body of work, but the staff under the most pressure is on offense.

Well objectively looking at it, UNC had 2 wins last year and CMU had 1 win last year in the MAC. There’s no way to logically rationalize where we’re at as being ok when looking at that.

We can’t look at how they did last year. This isn’t last year.

If you look at how they did last year, we also have to look at how WE did last year. We went 7-6 and looked like dog ****. So, should we really expect much better simply having a new head coach?

Advertisement
Talk about a roller coaster of emotions in the last 9-11 months. We (I) went from **** near suicidal end of last year(maybe just me🤷🏾‍♂️), to happy (MR reigns), to hear we go again (Manny hire), to foolishly believing this TNM schtick (looking for ANY kind of hope), to basically emotionless 3 games in. FML
Sobering thought but unfortunately true

Advertisement
I'm not happy at all - but it seems everyone expects a major turnaround - from a decade-plus long schitt show - in one season.

Actually, in three games - and that's just absurd to assume such.

This same Central Michigan team shut down Wisconsin's run game - and Wisconsin had to rely on the passing game to win - the same Wisconsin that just broke their foot off in Michigan's butt - and yet we still had to waste a buttload of plays - trying to run against Central Michigan! Why???

The Pirate. He encourages his QB's to change the plays - somewhere around 70% of the time - as the QB can see things better, has a better feel for what's going to be available - and while this is a glorified Sandlot Football approach - I note that his offenses are usually FIRE.

How in Hades can MIAMI receivers - NOT be open??? Now you want a knowing, canny Defensive Coordinator - we just saw one.

A QB Whisperer is not an automatic Offensive Coordinator. Enos is still learning on the job - as he has three times now shown he has no quick pass game to loosen the opposing rush.

He's shown he has no feel for a defense - as we let this really good run-stop defense play to their max - because we didn't suddenly spread the field to open things up.

Manny may be the guy - Dabo was doo-doo - for a few years after he got his start - but Manny needs to have a Come-To-Jesus meeting with Enos on opening up our offense - and if nothing else - let our QB change the plays at will - because our QB can't possibly call worse plays than Enos.

Just let Enos call the formation - and let Jarren do his thing. Let our receivers - do their thing. Spread things a bit so our running backs can do their thing.

We're too tight on offense, too slack on penalties, and too held back on our pass rush.

I want Williams to be the guy, I do not remember one long pass where he has hit a receiver in stride. He is still holding the ball way too long waiting for things to develop, and not using the checkoff. We have some WR's that are already undisciplined, so letting them do their thing might not be the best course of action.

I wanted to see a few things from the staff this season. A team that showed up ready to play, a team that did not quit, and a team that played disciplined football. Of course I would like to see wins, but it should come if we show up and show out. We have yet to show we can. For a moment I thought the D was ready to give up yesterday, glad they didn't. The CMU TD was a spotlight on one big reason we are just not a good team. The two Patchan penalties were inexcusable, yet he stayed in the game. Same with Knowles. Accountability has to start somewhere even if it hurts.

Somehow the special teams got worse than last year.

Guess that is what happens when you give the responsibility to a ******* intern

Which is exactly the kind of garbage mistake that a rookie HC who isn’t ready to be a HC at the major conference level makes.

Manny made a bunch of questionable hires and now we’re reaping the results.

The D is less disruptive than last year but significantly improved against the run. That’s impressive given our losses at DT and in the secondary. Anybody blaming the D isn’t paying attention.

Last night’s chit show was a result of poor ST’s and a highly ineffective offense. Period.

Manny has a very good track record of making adjustments as a DC. Time and time again he made changes to counter what an OC was throwing at him. He needs to make those same adjustments now as the HC. His future depends on it.

Advertisement
Back