Worst win in 17 years

Advertisement
He’s a hype man who always has unrealistic expectations. Nothing about this program was a quick turnaround, and his “modest” expectations of a 10 win season are proof that he knows nothing about football and is naive.

You want him to shi t on the team and say they suck and he expects them to win 7 games?

The D is less disruptive than last year but significantly improved against the run. That’s impressive given our losses at DT and in the secondary. Anybody blaming the D isn’t paying attention.

Last night’s chit show was a result of poor ST’s and a highly ineffective offense. Period.

Manny has a very good track record of making adjustments as a DC. Time and time again he made changes to counter what an OC was throwing at him. He needs to make those same adjustments now as the HC. His future depends on it.

Exactly. We need to see what sort of adjustments he makes. The D is fine, though could and should be better. The offense sucks. Adjustments need to be made there.

Advertisement
And we had slightly higher expectations against Rutgers 2002. Can't think of anything worse, other than an outright loss, heading into a bye week.

- What gets me is that in all three FBS games, our coaches have looked worse than the other side. UF did a better job of hiding their limitations. UNC came out on fire and in rhythm. And CMU had their team in a position to win if not for a bunch of drops and fumbles. We're 129th in penalties per game. Putting the talent aside, there is no tangible area where you can see we look prepared.

- Enos has been a good QB coach and a terrible OC so far. I don't think it's fair to blame one unit because the entire offense looks lost. Mishandling jet sweeps. Zion still missing the snap count. Running backs missing holes. QB holding the ball too long. TEs missing blocks. Too many long-developing PA plays. Nothing downfield from talented WRs. 85th in yards per play. It all comes back to the OC and the staff he hired.

- The running game was the most promising aspect of the first three games, and it came crashing back down to earth against a bad defense. There is plenty of blame to go around, but Donaldson is one of my biggest disappointments of the season. He looks heavy and slow. His weight gain is perplexing, because he's always been a conscientious guy and he is already an upperclassmen. He is nowhere near the NFL right now and might not even be starter-quality at his current level.

- Lou Hedley is legit. Unfortunately, we ruined the play of the day with our disorganized special teams.

- Something is missing from the defense. I don't know if it's a Baker issue, a personnel issue, or a combination of both. We've improved our rush defense without Gerald Willis's boom-or-bust approach (37th to 6th in YPC, 46th to 4th in YPG) but we are a lot less disruptive and the overall defense is worse. One change I would make over the bye week is cementing Gurvan Hall as the everydown starter at safety. He is at a different level than our other guys.

- Based on my text messages, I would say Manny has already lost a good portion of the fanbase. Can't blame them. If he loses one of the three ACC home games, I think he would lose most of the fans. These are the three most important games of his entire coaching career. My concern is that he becomes a neurotic mess over the bye, like Al Golden in the bunker, and the players sense it. He needs to maintain his composure and live up to his reputation as a guy who makes adjustments.

- As a fan, my goal before the season was ten wins and the Coastal. That was a modest goal when you look at how the Coastal performs against garbage teams like Old Dominion and Appalachian St. It looks very far away at the moment. Manny's recruiting success will be dependent on his on-field success. He sold a quick turnaround and that's what we need to see over the next month. Otherwise, it will be impossible to sell anything as the New Miami.

He lost the smart fans after game 1.

We can’t look at how they did last year. This isn’t last year.

If you look at how they did last year, we also have to look at how WE did last year. We went 7-6 and looked like dog ****. So, should we really expect much better simply having a new head coach?
We had 7 wins last year, UNC and CMU had 3 wins between them last year and we’re in worse shape. I expect us to be better than UNC and CMU by a wide margin.

Advertisement
Exactly. We need to see what sort of adjustments he makes. The D is fine, though could and should be better. The offense sucks. Adjustments need to be made there.
After our last bye week, what gives you hope adjustments will be made ?

Manny might **** around and give everyone an extra day off.

Advertisement
Strike 1 Zion and Campbell week 0
Horrendous idea that never should have been done

Strike 2
Enos showing zero flexibility to conform to what he has... you don’t have a powerful oline get rid of the ball quick and use zone blocking schemes to help get you on the outside edge because what we lack in strength we have in speed and can get down field a bit to help get in the way a bit to at least give the RBs a CHANCE to wiggle and break one

Strike 3
Pass rush has been awful... the entire defense has taken a step back

You want him to shi t on the team and say they suck and he expects them to win 7 games?

I want him to stop being such a hype man. There was nothing about this team that was saying 10 wins was realistic, let alone modest. It’s that simple. This was always going to be an 8 maybe 9 win team and expecting anything more was just being really naive.

@DMoney is guilty of hyping these kids based purely on their talent. He always ignores the fact that very few of them actually put forth the effort necessary for that innate talent to shine. OP does the same **** every year and never learns.

Advertisement
The D is less disruptive than last year but significantly improved against the run. That’s impressive given our losses at DT and in the secondary. Anybody blaming the D isn’t paying attention.

Last night’s chit show was a result of poor ST’s and a highly ineffective offense. Period.

Manny has a very good track record of making adjustments as a DC. Time and time again he made changes to counter what an OC was throwing at him. He needs to make those same adjustments now as the HC. His future depends on it.

lmfao, the D is absolute garbage. The whole team sucks.

Losing a fanbase after 4 games means you never had one to begin with. UM doesn't deserve ****, we gotta claw our way back. People need to wake up to that ****.

Maybe he didn’t have the fan base because we all knew deep down that he’s never proven **** as a head coach and we gave him the job without interviewing anyone else?

Advertisement
Back