Worst win in 17 years

Every single hire Manny made in the offseason was uninspired had huge red flags attached.

He brought in an OC with no recent play calling experience to run another variation of the pro style offense that has kept this program in mediocrity. And then let him bring in his own offensive staff of a bunch of cast off coaches bc he had familiarity with them.

He did not bring in a special teams coordinator. Which was the most glaring bc it indicated he was perfectly fine with Richt's complete abdication of that side of the game all the time he was here.

I predict if Manny doesn't cut ties with the Enos group and commit to a special teams coordinator after this season he will be gone quicker than any of the last coaches that have come through here.

Advertisement
Every single hire Manny made in the offseason was uninspired had huge red flags attached.

He brought in an OC with no recent play calling experience to run another variation of the pro style offense that has kept this program in mediocrity. And then let him bring in his own offensive staff of a bunch of cast off coaches bc he had familiarity with them.

He did not bring in a special teams coordinator. Which was the most glaring bc it indicated he was perfectly fine with Richt's complete abdication of that side of the game all the time he was here.

I predict if Manny doesn't cut ties with the Enos group and commit to a special teams coordinator after this season he will be gone quicker than any of the last coaches that have come through here.

Special Teams is probably the clearest example of poor coaching and org management. Historically bad unit last year and his solution is to stick the guy fresh off being a grad assistant who has proven nothing to that spot. Results are predictable.

Advertisement
I believe Jarren can be one of the best QBs we've had... His down fall will be what he's learning from Enos. Enos is teaching him to "trust the pocket" which he has said time and time again... The problem is, we don't have the talent level on the Line for ANY Qb to trust the pocket. Like I've said, Enos teaches and call plays as if talent level doesn't matter. He thinks he can just come in and treat us as if we're Bama.

Advertisement
And we had slightly higher expectations against Rutgers 2002. Can't think of anything worse, other than an outright loss, heading into a bye week.

- What gets me is that in all three FBS games, our coaches have looked worse than the other side. UF did a better job of hiding their limitations. UNC came out on fire and in rhythm. And CMU had their team in a position to win if not for a bunch of drops and fumbles. We're 129th in penalties per game. Putting the talent aside, there is no tangible area where you can see we look prepared.

- Enos has been a good QB coach and a terrible OC so far. I don't think it's fair to blame one unit because the entire offense looks lost. Mishandling jet sweeps. Zion still missing the snap count. Running backs missing holes. QB holding the ball too long. TEs missing blocks. Too many long-developing PA plays. Nothing downfield from talented WRs. 85th in yards per play. It all comes back to the OC and the staff he hired.

- The running game was the most promising aspect of the first three games, and it came crashing back down to earth against a bad defense. There is plenty of blame to go around, but Donaldson is one of my biggest disappointments of the season. He looks heavy and slow. His weight gain is perplexing, because he's always been a conscientious guy and he is already an upperclassmen. He is nowhere near the NFL right now and might not even be starter-quality at his current level.

- Lou Hedley is legit. Unfortunately, we ruined the play of the day with our disorganized special teams.

- Something is missing from the defense. I don't know if it's a Baker issue, a personnel issue, or a combination of both. We've improved our rush defense without Gerald Willis's boom-or-bust approach (37th to 6th in YPC, 46th to 4th in YPG) but we are a lot less disruptive and the overall defense is worse. One change I would make over the bye week is cementing Gurvan Hall as the everydown starter at safety. He is at a different level than our other guys.

- Based on my text messages, I would say Manny has already lost a good portion of the fanbase. Can't blame them. If he loses one of the three ACC home games, I think he would lose most of the fans. These are the three most important games of his entire coaching career. My concern is that he becomes a neurotic mess over the bye, like Al Golden in the bunker, and the players sense it. He needs to maintain his composure and live up to his reputation as a guy who makes adjustments.

- As a fan, my goal before the season was ten wins and the Coastal. That was a modest goal when you look at how the Coastal performs against garbage teams like Old Dominion and Appalachian St. It looks very far away at the moment. Manny's recruiting success will be dependent on his on-field success. He sold a quick turnaround and that's what we need to see over the next month. Otherwise, it will be impossible to sell anything as the New Miami.

Good points -

Agree Enos is in over his head and Hall needs to stay on the field.

And we had slightly higher expectations against Rutgers 2002. Can't think of anything worse, other than an outright loss, heading into a bye week.

- What gets me is that in all three FBS games, our coaches have looked worse than the other side. UF did a better job of hiding their limitations. UNC came out on fire and in rhythm. And CMU had their team in a position to win if not for a bunch of drops and fumbles. We're 129th in penalties per game. Putting the talent aside, there is no tangible area where you can see we look prepared.

- Enos has been a good QB coach and a terrible OC so far. I don't think it's fair to blame one unit because the entire offense looks lost. Mishandling jet sweeps. Zion still missing the snap count. Running backs missing holes. QB holding the ball too long. TEs missing blocks. Too many long-developing PA plays. Nothing downfield from talented WRs. 85th in yards per play. It all comes back to the OC and the staff he hired.

- The running game was the most promising aspect of the first three games, and it came crashing back down to earth against a bad defense. There is plenty of blame to go around, but Donaldson is one of my biggest disappointments of the season. He looks heavy and slow. His weight gain is perplexing, because he's always been a conscientious guy and he is already an upperclassmen. He is nowhere near the NFL right now and might not even be starter-quality at his current level.

- Lou Hedley is legit. Unfortunately, we ruined the play of the day with our disorganized special teams.

- Something is missing from the defense. I don't know if it's a Baker issue, a personnel issue, or a combination of both. We've improved our rush defense without Gerald Willis's boom-or-bust approach (37th to 6th in YPC, 46th to 4th in YPG) but we are a lot less disruptive and the overall defense is worse. One change I would make over the bye week is cementing Gurvan Hall as the everydown starter at safety. He is at a different level than our other guys.

- Based on my text messages, I would say Manny has already lost a good portion of the fanbase. Can't blame them. If he loses one of the three ACC home games, I think he would lose most of the fans. These are the three most important games of his entire coaching career. My concern is that he becomes a neurotic mess over the bye, like Al Golden in the bunker, and the players sense it. He needs to maintain his composure and live up to his reputation as a guy who makes adjustments.

- As a fan, my goal before the season was ten wins and the Coastal. That was a modest goal when you look at how the Coastal performs against garbage teams like Old Dominion and Appalachian St. It looks very far away at the moment. Manny's recruiting success will be dependent on his on-field success. He sold a quick turnaround and that's what we need to see over the next month. Otherwise, it will be impossible to sell anything as the New Miami.

LOL, you’re the worst!

Advertisement
How does Blake always survive? The result on the field have been the same seemingly forever but Blake always survives.

I believe he has built a good rapor with both boosters and the UM higher ups. His eunuch/yes man personality helps him survive (as opposed to a demanding, possibly abrasive- aggressive AD)This happens at other schools as well where incompetent athletic directors are allowed to stick around far longer than they should be because they don’t receive as much of the fans ire (it’s just a “bad coach”).

Eventually they do get tossed though.

Maybe, and I'm just spit balling here....
1) Have more than a 10 minute search for the head coach
2) Stop hiring assistant coaches from failed current head coaching staphs
3) Stop hiring Temple's head coach
4) Get a proven coach with head coaching experience at the Power 5 level
5) I swear to all things holy, how could we possibly combine the past 4 failed coaches and wrap them in one coach, Manny? No experience? Check! Assistant to the current failed coaching staph? Double Check! Temple's coach? Triple Check!

And for the love of all things good, please put away the chains and rings... we look cot dam ridiculous. Be good with a high fricken five for doing your job.

Nothing like a deep 4 game analysis😂😂

Advertisement
So early signs show Manny is a fraud and not even close to the guy we need.

Curious to know what adjustments you think he should make?

If Enos is a ****** OC and the offensive staff isn’t good either, what does Manny do, get rid of them already?

Baker is also Manny’s guy. So is Banda and Patke. Does he can them too?

This is starting to feel like Richt or Golden where they hired a bunch of friends
Manny needs to go up to Enos and tell him to stop calling plays like UM is Alabam's OL or get the **** on. Personally I like the offensive staff besides Enos, that being said I legitimately think the whole defensive staff needs to go. Our CBs are not good in man to man coverage, our DL, though I think is talented, is not being taught well, need a better LB coach, the striker position is pointless, and the safeties are bad, which is an indictment on our safety recruiting. From the looks of it, we have a whole bunch of SS and no legit FS. Robert Knowles is gone after this season so its whatever, but Carter, Keontra, and Hall are all built to be SS, the only true FS we have on the team is Bolden. Banda needs to go, and though I think Rumph is good and getting better, if he cant coach both CBs and Ss then he needs to go as well; there is no need for 2 DBs coaches. The striker position is also being utilize wrong; the players that need to be used at that position should be able to move between nickle and boundary corner, that being said UM is using the Ss or CBs that were to stiff and not quick enough to play those positions at the striker position, which completely takes away the purpose of it. Our strikers are more like LBs trying to cover WRs than a big DB, like Trey Dean, covering WRs and that puts them in a big disadvantage.

I'm not happy at all - but it seems everyone expects a major turnaround - from a decade-plus long schitt show - in one season.

Actually, in three games - and that's just absurd to assume such.

This same Central Michigan team shut down Wisconsin's run game - and Wisconsin had to rely on the passing game to win - the same Wisconsin that just broke their foot off in Michigan's butt - and yet we still had to waste a buttload of plays - trying to run against Central Michigan! Why???

The Pirate. He encourages his QB's to change the plays - somewhere around 70% of the time - as the QB can see things better, has a better feel for what's going to be available - and while this is a glorified Sandlot Football approach - I note that his offenses are usually FIRE.

How in Hades can MIAMI receivers - NOT be open??? Now you want a knowing, canny Defensive Coordinator - we just saw one.

A QB Whisperer is not an automatic Offensive Coordinator. Enos is still learning on the job - as he has three times now shown he has no quick pass game to loosen the opposing rush.

He's shown he has no feel for a defense - as we let this really good run-stop defense play to their max - because we didn't suddenly spread the field to open things up.

Manny may be the guy - Dabo was doo-doo - for a few years after he got his start - but Manny needs to have a Come-To-Jesus meeting with Enos on opening up our offense - and if nothing else - let our QB change the plays at will - because our QB can't possibly call worse plays than Enos.

Just let Enos call the formation - and let Jarren do his thing. Let our receivers - do their thing. Spread things a bit so our running backs can do their thing.

We're too tight on offense, too slack on penalties, and too held back on our pass rush.

Advertisement
Back