Worst win in 17 years

And we had slightly higher expectations against Rutgers 2002. Can't think of anything worse, other than an outright loss, heading into a bye week.

- What gets me is that in all three FBS games, our coaches have looked worse than the other side. UF did a better job of hiding their limitations. UNC came out on fire and in rhythm. And CMU had their team in a position to win if not for a bunch of drops and fumbles. We're 129th in penalties per game. Putting the talent aside, there is no tangible area where you can see we look prepared.

- Enos has been a good QB coach and a terrible OC so far. I don't think it's fair to blame one unit because the entire offense looks lost. Mishandling jet sweeps. Zion still missing the snap count. Running backs missing holes. QB holding the ball too long. TEs missing blocks. Too many long-developing PA plays. Nothing downfield from talented WRs. 85th in yards per play. It all comes back to the OC and the staff he hired.

- The running game was the most promising aspect of the first three games, and it came crashing back down to earth against a bad defense. There is plenty of blame to go around, but Donaldson is one of my biggest disappointments of the season. He looks heavy and slow. His weight gain is perplexing, because he's always been a conscientious guy and he is already an upperclassmen. He is nowhere near the NFL right now and might not even be starter-quality at his current level.

- Lou Hedley is legit. Unfortunately, we ruined the play of the day with our disorganized special teams.

- Something is missing from the defense. I don't know if it's a Baker issue, a personnel issue, or a combination of both. We've improved our rush defense without Gerald Willis's boom-or-bust approach (37th to 6th in YPC, 46th to 4th in YPG) but we are a lot less disruptive and the overall defense is worse. One change I would make over the bye week is cementing Gurvan Hall as the everydown starter at safety. He is at a different level than our other guys.

- Based on my text messages, I would say Manny has already lost a good portion of the fanbase. Can't blame them. If he loses one of the three ACC home games, I think he would lose most of the fans. These are the three most important games of his entire coaching career. My concern is that he becomes a neurotic mess over the bye, like Al Golden in the bunker, and the players sense it. He needs to maintain his composure and live up to his reputation as a guy who makes adjustments.

- As a fan, my goal before the season was ten wins and the Coastal. That was a modest goal when you look at how the Coastal performs against garbage teams like Old Dominion and Appalachian St. It looks very far away at the moment. Manny's recruiting success will be dependent on his on-field success. He sold a quick turnaround and that's what we need to see over the next month. Otherwise, it will be impossible to sell anything as the New Miami.

When Manny was hired I wasn’t excited, it felt rushed, and lazy search process. But once the off season started I warmed to the idea and loved the excitement and new brand he was selling. When he made hires I was excited about Enos and Fields, I knew nothing about Barry, and Hickson and was extremely disappointed inStubblefield and retaining guys like Patke and Banda (but I knew he would). We have a bunch of corchs on this team. The only real X and Os guys are Rumph and Enos (who has been disappointing).

Banda and Patke both are lazy hires again and. Don’t know first thing about Safety and Special Teams play.

Baker I was okay with but man like DMoney said something is different with the D.

Sooooo disappointed so far in our teams progress and play.

Advertisement
You still don’t get it. We can lose every ACC game but unless the D gets shredded during those games then exactly what are you proving by bumping these posts...

Shredded!? We have to get shredded to hold the defense accountable!?

Where's the unwavering violence and loud noises? What happened to "the standard" and "playing like Miami Hurricanes"?

All of our defensive starters have been here at least 2 years--and some longer with Manny--but this looks nothing like it's supposed to. I see more confusion, overthinking, poor tackling, less instinctual play, and we have guys doing things not natural to their game. There's absolutely no continuity or indication of development from what was an excellent defense with this new staff. This has no resemblance to the defense that reset the standard and we've played 3 teams where we unquestionably have a talent edge.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This fan base is so dejected. I’m not saying Manny is or is not the guy and clearly we have not looked good. There are red flags all over the **** place that can’t be denied but my god people it’s been four freaking games. I’m as tired of the excuses and BS as the next guy as I’ve quite literally never seen winning football basically, but to say manny isn’t the guy after 4 games seems a bit premature. Yes we haven’t looked good there are no excuses but let the season play out

The sad part is you could see all of this coming.
Outside of the TE hire he didn't make a single offensive hire worth a bucket of ****. Enos was a bad OC hire and you were delusional if you didn't see that from Day 1.
Diaz then let Enos get his sh*tty band back together to form Miami's offensive staff. The result is an offense that is a disaster from top to bottom.

Advertisement
I'm generally optimistic because I don't believe in a rush to judgment and generally try to focus on the positives, but that game felt like desperately hanging on from immediately after the first score. It's one thing to feel that way in a nail biter against FSU or a critical game, but against CMU?

I'm disappointed and I really just want the team I love to be top ten again. If that means replacing Blake James and the entire staff, then so be it. I had high hopes, but for now I'll patiently wait in disappointment until December, but unless we go on an 8-0 run and look a **** of a lot better doing it, I want a change.

There is absolutely no chance we go on an 8-0 run. We lost a nail-biter against a bad/pedestrian UNC; we were beating Bethune Cookman 14-0 with one minute left in the first half; we won a nail-biter against god awful Central Michigan; and our best game of the year - the only game for us to hold out any hope that we can reel off 8 straight - was a choke-job against a bitter rival.

Advertisement
It’s only going to get worst. Any JV coach can see what our weaknesses are and exploit them. They can also see how we don’t make adjustments from week to week. How many ******* weeks are we going to allow the slot receivers to kill us before they go to three corners on passing downs. Man I hope we get this **** together, all signs point to no.

😂😂😂😂

Take a look at what the score was to when they played Wisconsin THIS YEAR bucko
Honest question....what does Whiskey and their score have anything to do with anything? Are you comparing us to Whiskey or saying we should be that good? I get were all mad, but not getting the Whiskey comparisons here.

Advertisement
Here are my 2 cents:

Zion is obviously struggling but we have no one else. They need to keep someone to chip just about each play

The slow developing offensive plays need to stop. We aren’t built for that

Jeff Thomas needs to be made a focal point in the passing game outside of screens

Defensively we need to go with Hall and Bolden at safety. Carter and Knowles give up to many plays. Finely has regressed it appears and I would not be opposed to seeing Gilbert more.

The DE hype was all hype. This has been the most disappointing group all year imo

I think the defensive players, as a whole, have regressed in this Baker gimmick defense. When Manny coaches them they took his personality and played with reckless abandon. Baker is trying too many cute stuff with the players - they’re playing out of sorts because of it.

Offensively, we need to quit with the under center PA crap and go in shotgun, all game long. Use the pass to set up the run.

And we had slightly higher expectations against Rutgers 2002. Can't think of anything worse, other than an outright loss, heading into a bye week.

- What gets me is that in all three FBS games, our coaches have looked worse than the other side. UF did a better job of hiding their limitations. UNC came out on fire and in rhythm. And CMU had their team in a position to win if not for a bunch of drops and fumbles. We're 129th in penalties per game. Putting the talent aside, there is no tangible area where you can see we look prepared.

- Enos has been a good QB coach and a terrible OC so far. I don't think it's fair to blame one unit because the entire offense looks lost. Mishandling jet sweeps. Zion still missing the snap count. Running backs missing holes. QB holding the ball too long. TEs missing blocks. Too many long-developing PA plays. Nothing downfield from talented WRs. 85th in yards per play. It all comes back to the OC and the staff he hired.

- The running game was the most promising aspect of the first three games, and it came crashing back down to earth against a bad defense. There is plenty of blame to go around, but Donaldson is one of my biggest disappointments of the season. He looks heavy and slow. His weight gain is perplexing, because he's always been a conscientious guy and he is already an upperclassmen. He is nowhere near the NFL right now and might not even be starter-quality at his current level.

- Lou Hedley is legit. Unfortunately, we ruined the play of the day with our disorganized special teams.

- Something is missing from the defense. I don't know if it's a Baker issue, a personnel issue, or a combination of both. We've improved our rush defense without Gerald Willis's boom-or-bust approach (37th to 6th in YPC, 46th to 4th in YPG) but we are a lot less disruptive and the overall defense is worse. One change I would make over the bye week is cementing Gurvan Hall as the everydown starter at safety. He is at a different level than our other guys.

- Based on my text messages, I would say Manny has already lost a good portion of the fanbase. Can't blame them. If he loses one of the three ACC home games, I think he would lose most of the fans. These are the three most important games of his entire coaching career. My concern is that he becomes a neurotic mess over the bye, like Al Golden in the bunker, and the players sense it. He needs to maintain his composure and live up to his reputation as a guy who makes adjustments.

- As a fan, my goal before the season was ten wins and the Coastal. That was a modest goal when you look at how the Coastal performs against garbage teams like Old Dominion and Appalachian St. It looks very far away at the moment. Manny's recruiting success will be dependent on his on-field success. He sold a quick turnaround and that's what we need to see over the next month. Otherwise, it will be impossible to sell anything as the New Miami.

The Enos hire makes a lot more sense now. Saban wasn't going to let him run this offense at Bama, & Manny told him he could run whatever offense he wanted.

But man.. Its the staff Enos picked. Idk how he picked his group of 5 cast offs, but they don't inspire confidence anymore than the man in charge at this point. Our TE coach hadn't had an on field position in 2 years. Our RB coach spent exactly 1 season in the P5, after 4 years at Akron & was unemployed. Sieder anyone? And Stubblefield.. That's the most ridiculous one of the group. His resume is just awful. And he only worked with Enos for 10 months, **** near a decade ago. After that he never stayed anywhere more than 2 seasons & didn't coach anywhere worth a ****.

Point being.. Not only is Enos running an offense that isn't working, there isn't anyone else coaching on that side of the ball who is a P5 level coach. We have a Temple level coach, with a Temple level staff.. AGAIN.

We have ELITE run defense. If you can’t run the ball well it’s hard to win games. Forces these teams to have to throw the ball.

With monsters like Garvin, Roussea, Hill, Ford and Bethel we should be sacking these guys on the regular once they are forced to pass!

Picks and fumbles regular turnover chain baby!

Advertisement
Back