Will Mallory

Gesicki is arguably the most athletic tight end if not one of to come out college in a number of years. He put on an absolute freak show at the combine

And he has the physicality of a butterfly hence the dolphins selecting another tight end.

Advertisement
When i see Will Mallory....I see former Penn State Mike Gesicki....in terms of frame and build especially this early on....and they will use Mallory similar to how Gesicki was used at least early on in Will's career until the weight and more importantly the strength comes and it will come....mainly lined up in the slot and in space and dare i say motion out of the backfield....elite athleticism for his position and good hands gets this guy on the field immediately with Brevin...

I’d be very pleased to see that. Having a big maaf in the seam is a huge plus

When i see Will Mallory....I see former Penn State Mike Gesicki....in terms of frame and build especially this early on....and they will use Mallory similar to how Gesicki was used at least early on in Will's career until the weight and more importantly the strength comes and it will come....mainly lined up in the slot and in space and dare i say motion out of the backfield....elite athleticism for his position and good hands gets this guy on the field immediately with Brevin...

I agree but Mallory is faster.

Advertisement
These 2 are going to keep up the tradition of TEU. With 2 athletic tight ends like this, you can be really creative in play designs.

Yup.
Especially in the redzone and short yardage scenarios.
Hopefully they can be a part of the remedy to our redzone woes.

Advertisement
Mallory probably is faster but gesicki tested as an elite athlete too now, I think He ran a 4.55 in the 40

4.56 and yes tested as well as any TE at the combine in years. We've never had a TE this fast have we? I don't think Winslow was this fast. Maybe Olsen

Gesicki is fast in testing but slow on the field because he can’t bend and run routes. Mallory is an excellent, well-schooled route runner.

This is an easy comparison but he reminds me of another coach’s son, Greg Olsen.
That was my comparison for him too. Really excited about this tight end class

4.56 and yes tested as well as any TE at the combine in years. We've never had a TE this fast have we? I don't think Winslow was this fast. Maybe Olsen
Olsen ran faster or was at a 4.55 or something like that. Either way like dmoney said gesecki didint appears that fast on the field. I dont Know what was up with penn state players at the combine but they all tested off the charts

Advertisement
GREG OLSEN COMBINE STATS:
  • Broad Jump = 114.0 inches
  • 3 Cone Drill = 7.04 secs
  • 40 Yard Dash = 4.51 Secs
  • Bench Press = 23.0 reps
  • Vertical Jump = 35.5 inches

Mallory definitely reminds me of Olsen. KW2 on the one wing, GO on the other. ... And yes, I just went there. FU if you don't like the comparisons.

Olsen ran faster or was at a 4.55 or something like that. Either way like dmoney said gesecki didint appears that fast on the field. I dont Know what was up with penn state players at the combine but they all tested off the charts

Still salty the Bears let him go for nothing!

Gesicki is fast in testing but slow on the field because he can’t bend and run routes. Mallory is an excellent, well-schooled route runner.

This is an easy comparison but he reminds me of another coach’s son, Greg Olsen.

More athletic Greg Olsen.

Advertisement
GREG OLSEN COMBINE STATS:
  • Broad Jump = 114.0 inches
  • 3 Cone Drill = 7.04 secs
  • 40 Yard Dash = 4.51 Secs
  • Bench Press = 23.0 reps
  • Vertical Jump = 35.5 inches

Mallory definitely reminds me of Olsen. KW2 on the one wing, GO on the other. ... And yes, I just went there. FU if you don't like the comparisons.

Wow, I didn't realize he tested that well. Those are very impressive numbers for a TE. Though I guess it makes sense that he's been an elite NFL TE for several years now.

40 times are definitely inflated as everyone knows - I like to look at the relative times of each player though. Nice to see the two fastest guys on the team are RBs. And I had no idea Redwine was in the "JT/Harley" range for speed. Good stuff.

That's true, but when Homer gets a few steps going - you can clearly see the ripple in the local spacetime tearing.

Thus, Lingard is a bit scary.

Advertisement
Back